Brief Look at 2010 Lexus LS600hL

Thread Starter #1
A little covert ops as this is a hush hush effort[;)] (after all 1.55 cr ka sawal hai). Report to follow, meanwhile enjoy the pics[glasses]

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

350Z

Core Team
Brilliant! So the Denom is back with his reviews of some mouth watering cars. You’ve teased us by posting these pictures; Now it’s time to add complete review real soon. Like most of the other Lexus models, The LS600 looks charming with impressive touch of design on its every bit and those buttons looks confusing indeed. What’s the actual cost of this car and how much taxes the importing attracted?

PS: You can now directly upload pics to forum through server, Instead of using servimg.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
Nice covert operation.

I got confused to see so many buttons on dash.
There is way too much of information being displayed, with techno-gadgetry by the bucket loads filled in this vehicle, a person who plonks himself in the front seats will be amazed by what all is being offered here[clap] rest assured the back seats occupants have more than sufficient toys to keep them busy with for a long period of time

Brilliant! So the Denom is back with his reviews of some mouth watering cars. You’ve teased us by posting these pictures; Now it’s time to add complete review real soon. Like most of the other Lexus models, The LS600 looks charming with impressive touch of design on its every bit and those buttons looks confusing indeed. What’s the actual cost of this car and how much taxes the importing attracted?

PS: You can now directly upload pics to forum through server, Instead of using servimg.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Firstly Pls correct the Lexus Spelling in the Heading, its showing Lexux Tried to do so but could not figure out how to do so.

Well price is 1.55 cr including the 105% customs duty, so you can add the additional cost of Registration/Insurance/Tax....

As for the buttons, it will take some time to acclimatise with what does what, depending on how fast you can grasp whats being offered & how much you can remember [glasses]

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!
i love this car!
i have sat in it a few time in previous motor shows. The space is simply great and it looks outstanding too!

Thread Starter #7
Wow, where do I start??? There is so much going on with this vehicle that it truly takes ones breath away !

Let me start with the Exteriors:-
The Head lights grab all the attention, they are like magnets!!! One just cannot take their eyes of them headlights, the row of 3 projectors look like shiny disco balls. The Radiator Grille & Bumper have very similar design to that of the new Camry & Corolla, kind of like a Toyota Signature Design ala Audi, nothing noteworthy or impressive in my opinion. The Lexus Monogram in the Grille apparently is backlit with a cool blue light, which kinda looks cool. [glasses] Fog Lamps again have a very distinctive style & shape, totally unique & unseen on any other vehicle.

Side profile again to me is very plain jane & similar to a camry. Beautiful door handles having the chrome finish with infrared receptors recessed on each handle. Low position of the rub rail again garnished with chrome & having 'HYBRID" etched in the rear Doors.

Rear Tail lamps quite boring & a letdown Though they have some resemblance to the 7 Series in them, the LED'S positioning & such.
Boot Shape again quite similar to the 7 Series, dull & boring
Liked the positioning of the Chromed Exhaust Pipe Ends though well integrated into the rear bumper which is massive & gives the appearance of a solid chunk of metal.

Interiors :-
This is where this car becomes interesting. Get into the driver's seat & immediately you feel that you are in command of a spaceship!
Leather Seats are so soft & comfortable like a sofa, which are completely electronically adjustable in every possible way, added bonus is that they have heating facility as well as programmable to give you a super massage All seats have this feature with individual settings for each seat.
The steering wheel looks quite ordinary in comparison, having the adjustment buttons of music/fone answering/cruise control & such....
Instrument display again is having lots of lights in different colours relaying info like which door is open/boot/bonnet, tyre pressures, battery charge, hybrid power status, exterior temp. Quite mundane to be honest I found the appearance.

Dashboard is huge with well laid out HVAC Vents, huge centre console with a large 10" display touch screen operating a whole lots of functions, you can call it the brain of the car! Explaining all the features & functions it controls will take me like a year to explain in detail!!!

Located on left side of the steering, on the dashboard is a 2 rupee sized button called 'Power', press it once & all the lights on the dash glow with the steering wheel suddenly coming out towards you & the seat gets adjusted to you liking, that is if you have set your settings into one of the 3 memory settings available. Press the Power button again with the brake pedal depressed & the car supposedly comes to life, I say supposedly as you just cannot figure out that the engine is running, the only giveaway being the rev counter showing the needle at about 1k revs. Glovebox itself is quite tiny with a little slot compartmentalizing it into 2 halfs.

ICE is supposedly very very high end, after all MArk LEvinson has designed one specially for this vehicle, with a dash mounted 6 cd changer, a dvd player mounted in between rear individual bucket seats, 10 inch roof mounted lcd display which automatically opens / closes & wait for it, 19 speakers!!!

Am taking a break now!!! will continue after some rest [:D] Meanwhile play with the Lexus LS600hl configurator: Build Your Lexus. This one has all the added bells & whistles offered. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8
Swinging into the rear seats, they are the equivalent of auto lazee-boys, with a console between the seats having buttons for adjusting the seats to any configuration that the occupant desires plus a remote for the massage settings. In addition, the console houses the buttons for the DVD player mounted in the space between the 2 rear seats backrests, separate HVAC controls & also for operating the roof mounted 10" Motorised LCD screen. There is also a folding wooden table which is oddly not motorised & has to be manually opened / folded, to place your laptop/netbook, etc....
Wonderful feature here is the placement of additional HVAC Vents placed in the centre of the 'B' Pillar inserts, to ensure the rear passengers get optimum & even cooling!

Interiors covered, I would like to re-visit 2 aspects of the Exteriors:
1) 19" x 8.0" seven-spoke alloy wheels with 245/45VR19 Dunlop Sportmaxx Tyres were HUGE & Classy, but oddly reminded me of the camry wheels (Too many things of this car remind me of the camry[surprise])

2) Each Wheel Well is lined with heavy duty felt liners, which is something I haven't seen so far... the logic being to muffle/dampen the sound of loose gravel & stones clunking & unsettling the occupants??? I would love to see their state after they have gone through a cycle of our rains & the lovely condition of the roads due to them, wat say???

As mentioned in the heading - this was a brief drive hence these few observations during that period:-

1) Starting procedure is very odd, almost unnerving heightened by the fact that the car is started & driven in electric mode upto say speeds of 20kmph
2) CVT Transmission is silky smooth & a boon to have for our traffic
3) V8 Motor does kick in when you violently stomp on the loud pedal
4) Very very smooth & refined drive, one gets the feel of gliding
5) Has got presence on the road with its size
6) Park Assist is well sorted & is really required given the size of the vehicle

I am not sharing any details of the Motor/Engine combo as you can get all the gyaan on them from the Lexus Site.....

Post experience & conclusion

I did not really like the vehicle due to the following reasons:-
Its a chauffeur driven car
Too much is going on with the gizmo/settings & in the end most of it is quite a waste of time
Pricing is not justified for what is in the end a Gizmoladen Toyota
It has no character & soul
Hybrid thingmagic cuts no ICE with me
Its has no status / Image to compete head on with the German/English Luxury Brands

Hope you all enjoyed my experience with the top of the line Lexus.....[:)]

Last edited:
Hey Denom good review and pictures. I have never experienced such a tech-laden car till now , would have been great i believe! The ICE system is mouth-watering!

And Thanks for the wonderful report!

350Z

Core Team
Nice write-up, made me feel that I was inside the LS600. Since being from Toyota family we certainly do realize the touch of Toyota cars inside and out. Also I find rear of most of the Lexus to be un-exciting but Harrier, RX400 and LX570 are a big time exceptions! And those sparkling shiny balls inside head lamps are too striking to comment.

From what all you mentioned, The LS400 seems to be a perfect fully packed gadgetry car but would I still ever spend that much bucks for it? Definitely not. A top-end Mercedes S or BMW 7-Series are currently much better alternatives any-day and come with a solid brand image as standard.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Wow!!! [clap] simply great report denom. i am in love with this car but cost is too high. can you post more pics please??

Guys, Why is it that the pics do not show up? Is it just me or is there something to be done to make it visible.

I guess, the first post had a pic in it but does not show up. This happens for other posts too though not all of them. Help!!

No nothing had to be done to view the pictures , am able to view all the pictures even now!

Try re-freshing the page or maybe your net connection is a little slow at times for the pictures to show up.

No, I am connected from my office and it is pretty fast. Also if the connection is slow and the page is still loading, it shows up in the status bar of IE. In this case it has done with loading but the images do not appear. Weird but true. I shall try to view this post from home today and confirm.

350Z

Core Team
Hello Jammy, I've re-uploaded the images through our server. They should now appear correctly. Please check and confirm.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom