Braking Problem in Indica Vista Safire (With A/C On)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I own a Indica vista (safire). Its a petrol version.
I want to first know whether there is any fellow member who owns the same varient as me?

I'm experiencing this since I got the car. Here is the problem :
Whenever i'm driving with the ac ON and i'm in 2nd gear and approach a signal and come to crawling speeds, the brake pedal becomes really hard and car keeps crawling and doesn't slow down!! Really hard as if there is no power assist!!
I usually brake first and apply clutch just before the car comes to halt, but this car keeps crawling at same rpm and speed. The only way to avoid this is to clutch it simultaneously with brake which I hate doing. This is not found when the ac is OFF, I'm able to brake and slow down the normal way and apply clutch to avoid stalling.

This can be dangerous as someone unfamiliar with my car can bump into the car at front!!!

Can anyone help me out? The concorde guys(Mysore road - Bangalore) somehow don't seem to notice or are they pretending?
I've seen other vista (safire owners) facing the same problem as i've seen them post it on other forums.

Thanks,
timur_the_lame

oh another problem with tata car.. member jayadeva owns vista. get your car cheked at some other workshop than concorde.

Thread Starter #3
oh another problem with tata car.. member jayadeva owns vista. get your car cheked at some other workshop than concorde.
Umang,

Yeah, after my 20k kms free service i'm planning to visit PRERANA instead of concorde.
I'll try my luck there if they can figure out something.

Thanks,
timur_the_lame

The Brake booster and the A/C draw vaccum from the engine. From your symptom, it looks like the booster is losing power and the A/C is drawing more.

There will be belts for the Brake and A/C. Have them checked. I reckon in some of the cars the same belt drives both. I'm not sure of the Vista.

From whatever you say, it seems to the belt problem.

Thread Starter #5
Hi para_7k,

You reply was very informative as in I can inquire about the same with the showroom guys. I'll check with them during the next service and let you know. Anyways, thank you very much.

--timur_the_lame

umang, btw is that my new name with additional "a"!!

timur_the_lame, yes your car is in serious trouble maybe a hydralic block or anything better get it fully resolved before anything bad happens.

with my vista qudrajet there was no issues with break , but the clutch failed once. and they replaced the slave cylinder after that everything was better than new.

i think there is some issue with the original hydraulic unit as i hear tata is replacing it free of cost if encountered any issue.

remeber those goons in service station wont budge as it is a pain for them to replace clutch assembly it takes couple of hours to fix it rightly so they will surely try to avoid your concern.
next time see them with serious tone and grunt.!!

make your explanations little bit of worst case as like breaks did not work at all , then they will show some concern to you. try to make it clear that you are prepared to escalate matter to higher authorities.

ps:- it is not that tata service is very bad but the thick skin they will try to ignore you as much as possible as they are already carrying a burden of 4 year warrenty. one should notice how perfectly out of warranty cars are being serviced and maintained and how dearly one burns a hole in his pocket!!!

Thread Starter #7
Hi jayadev,

I will make it a point to make the service guys listen to me this time. I'll keep you guys posted on the issue.

Thank you,
timur_the_lame

Top Bottom