Brakes Booster & Brand New Clutch on Maruti 800

Re: Booster Brakes & Brand New Clutch on Maruti 800

Hi, I will post my booster set up tomorrow. I have purchased necessary T joint Gas stove repairing /spare parts center.

Attachments

Excellent suggestion Mr Rao.The gas stove repairing centers have a lot of brass parts.

Another good place to go to are engineering shops that make custom plumbing.

Didn't the kit come with the necessary T-joint Mr Rao?

If yes what is the Extra T-joint for?

No the kit comes with T joint but there are only 2 ends provided, as we need 3 ends.

The joint provided would be for carb models.

No issues, you need only the T joint and a pipe(rubber hose). Nothing much required.
Thanks Varun. I managed to get one made at the lathe workshop. Below are some pics of it.

That T joint Is hard to find.Did you atleast get a proper vacuum pipe with the booster?

If you have not purchased the booster it would be good to ask car part dealers for a KBX kit.That would be the better option.
Thanks for the info jarpickle. Actually I have found the MGP booster here and no KBX kit available in Sri Lanka. I believe the hose and other stuff are available as separate parts. Anyway the T-joint issue is solved. I also found a hose from a parts shop which is specialized for all kinds of automative hoses.

Guys, I haven't fixed the booster yet. I'll post some pics after the installation. Thanks for all the suggestions and stuff.

Attachments

So far its looking good [thumbsup]

Use some o rings or rtv silicone at the end that fixes into the intake to create a seal so that vacuum does not leak.Use clamps to secure the pipes to the T joint.

You might have to adjust the timing of the car after the installation.

Last edited:

Hi,
I have used DOT4 brake fluid instead of DOT3 as suggested by Mr.Varun. I am really happy with the performance.

Hi Guys, very impressive mod for maruti 800 and have longed for quite long time to have good brakes on my dad's car (I drive it the most of the times). But all friends and mechanics discourage for spending on a small car but I just love her as it had been with us for more than 12 years. Finally this forum was a surprise to me and I'm now a member [clap]

Last night I was browsing this thread and decided spot on to get 1 fitted. Got up this morning and went to Susee Auto spares (Ekkaduthangal, Chennai) and bought a KBX master cylinder with vaccum booster (Rs.3758). Took the car and the kit to a local mechanic and he was confident that it can be fixed and asked to come back Monday early morning.

My car is a carb model and he said that there might be mods required to the air filter and also the "U" bend shape AC compressor pipe. Not sure how it is going to come. Eagerly waiting for Monday morning . Any suggestions guys?

My car is a 1997 carb model too.If you have check the very first page on this thread and seen the contents of the brake booster kit.If you have the same materials in your kit then there is no difficulty in fitting the kit on your car.

The T joint that is supplied with the kit is what you need to fix it since you have an A/C in your car.No other mods needed.One end fits into the intake manifold.There are two open ends.One for the Vacuum pipe which goes to the booster and the other for the A/C's FICD.

Last edited:

Hi Guys, very impressive mod for maruti 800 and have longed for quite long time to have good brakes on my dad's car (I drive it the most of the times). But all friends and mechanics discourage for spending on a small car but I just love her as it had been with us for more than 12 years. Finally this forum was a surprise to me and I'm now a member [clap]

Last night I was browsing this thread and decided spot on to get 1 fitted. Got up this morning and went to Susee Auto spares (Ekkaduthangal, Chennai) and bought a KBX master cylinder with vaccum booster (Rs.3758). Took the car and the kit to a local mechanic and he was confident that it can be fixed and asked to come back Monday early morning.

My car is a carb model and he said that there might be mods required to the air filter and also the "U" bend shape AC compressor pipe. Not sure how it is going to come. Eagerly waiting for Monday morning . Any suggestions guys?
Hi sathish,
First of all it's true that this forum is full of surprises. After seeing this thread only I decided to do this mod on my car. And thanks to the wonderful people here who helped me a lot, I managed to fix the booster in my car. Actually it was a DIY project. I haven't tested it on the street yet because of some other repairs going on. Actually I did not need any mods to air filter or the AC. I only changed the vacuum pipe that goes to AC system because it was bit short and too old. The air filter cover already had a dent which seems perfect for the master pump. And it seems that the break fluid reservoir is placed side ways in the booster assembly to maximize the space between the air filter. And I tested the engine shake during start and stop to make sure the air filter assembly is not touching the brake fluid reservoir but it didn't come that close. There was plenty of space between the two units during the maximum engine shake. Following are some pictures of it.

Attachments

Last edited:

@jarpikcle - I did not get the T-Joint with the kit. I bought it from a MGA store and hence no other spares came with it. It was only the master cylinder with the valve. The mechanic said that we can get one from local auto accessories shop. And by mods, I think he meant the air filter and the AC compressor tube not providing sufficient space for the booster to fit in.

@Charithao - Thanks for posting the pics (though couldn't see the density of the dent on the air filter clearly which is what I am worried about). Anyway I ll ask the mechanic to try with minimal dent to the air filter if required. Also thought of doing it myself but because it was brakes, din't want to take a chance.

I am also planning to take the pics you have posted along with ss80's pics tomorrow. ss80's pics show that the air filter comes very close to the master cylinder. Anyway, will post pics once the job is done. Thanks.

@sathish57 - Good luck with the job. As you said it's better to take the pics because for some reason ss80's gap between the master pump and the air filter is considerably different from mine. I am attaching two more photos so you could have a clear idea.

Attachments

Hi All, I have just purchased a Suzuki Alto 1986, which is the same as the Maruti 800. I wish to upgrade my brakes and have found this forum very useful.
I am wondering if there is a website I can order the brake booster from. As I'm here in New Zealand, parts are hard to come by.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers [:)]

Hi charithao, But when you start the engine or move the engine with load, it may hit the booster, check it and try to bend the air-filter box a bit, as SS80 did.

Top Bottom