Brakes Booster & Brand New Clutch on Maruti 800

Hi Friends,
After going through the threads on fitting brake boosters, I decided to also fit it on my 1999 5 Speed 800 which unfortunately did not have factory fitted brake booster. I bought the booster from MGP but it does not come with any attachments like T joint or manifold to booster pipe. My mechanic says that we can make a hold in the manifold and this can be used. No I need help in getting the pipe for the manifold to the booster. I inquired at MGP regarding the same but they could not locate the part nor the part number. Can someone who has already fitted the same enlighten me on the part number or if any alternatives?? Like zen or alto pipe would work fine???

Awaiting your reply..

Try to source tempo traveler booster pipe. You will have a option of cutting it as much as required, since it is almost 1 meter long.

Zen's booster pipe will also work.

Last edited:
Hi Friends,
After going through the threads on fitting brake boosters, I decided to also fit it on my 1999 5 Speed 800 which unfortunately did not have factory fitted brake booster. I bought the booster from MGP but it does not come with any attachments like T joint or manifold to booster pipe. My mechanic says that we can make a hold in the manifold and this can be used. No I need help in getting the pipe for the manifold to the booster. I inquired at MGP regarding the same but they could not locate the part nor the part number. Can someone who has already fitted the same enlighten me on the part number or if any alternatives?? Like zen or alto pipe would work fine???

Awaiting your reply..
Part number for OEM M800 Booster pipe is -51020-84350. This pipe isnt mentioned in the parts manual, and is hence difficult to locate. But the part is available on order.

Its SGP and costs 967 rupees. Alternatively, you may go for other pipes also as Varun advised.

OT- For how much did you get the MGP booster?? 3200 or 3700?

Last edited:
Hi all,
Since the day I bought my car. The brakes have given me enough sleepless nights. On the highway, the car was like a brake failed car, after 30Kmph the wheels wont even skid on sudden braking.

Spoke to Varun560061 & met him once. I drove his car, his brakes & mine were like sky & earth! The car in itself is in excellent condition, the brakes were unbelievable, feather touch operation!

Got a lot of advice & attention to my car issues. We planned to fix it & he gave me complete list of parts (along with brand name) to be purchased. I did it, we went to his known garage, spent half a day, got the below things done [:)]
  1. Replace Clutch Assembly
  2. Replace Clutch Cable
  3. New Booster brakes installed
  4. Bleeded the old DOT3 oil & replaced it with DOT4
  5. Replaced the brake pads
  6. Identified key rusted points in the car that needs patch welding work

The below pictures will speak the rest

First the new parts
View attachment 45708
View attachment 45709
View attachment 45710
The new KBX Booster

View attachment 45711
View attachment 45712
The box packing
View attachment 45723
View attachment 45724
View attachment 45725
The above contents come with the kit itself. When you specify to the shop keeper that you need to install (mods) it on M800 he gives all this connectors etc

View attachment 45713
View attachment 45714
View attachment 45715
Clutch Assembly boxes (MGP)

View attachment 45718
New Clutch plate
View attachment 45720
View attachment 45719

View attachment 45721
View attachment 45722
Clutch Cover

View attachment 45716
View attachment 45717
DO NOT BUY THIS COMPANY CLUTCH CABLE! Please buy MGP cable only, MGP costs less than this brand and lasts much longer. I dint pay attention while purchasing so ended up with this brand cable.

View attachment 45726
New Brake Shoes - Delphi brand (Always buy KBX brand shoes, much better than this)
View attachment 45727
View attachment 45728
View attachment 45729

View attachment 45730
New Timing belt (bought it, but ran out of time that day so will fix it myself may be this weekend)

AT THE GARAGE:

View attachment 45731
View attachment 45732
Hello SS80,

I inquired with my mechanic for installing Brake Booster in Maruthi 800 1994 model, HE is telling it cost 10k that too used brake booster. also he is telling to fit brake booster he needs to replace Air filter. Is this required to replace air filter ??? I am new to this mechanical field, Please suggest how can i get Brake Booster in old maruthi 800

Hi, Thanks to ss80 and Varun for this informative thread which helped me know about this stuff for Maruti 800. Though there were pics and information scattered in this thread, I was little not clear on what was exactly needed and how it needs to be done (eg. did not understand why an extra hydraulic brake line in ss80's pic was required and where it fits etc). Hence here is a short write up on the procedure for "M800 carb cars with AC only". Note below for M800 non AC carb cars.

Parts purchased:

1. KBX brake booster for M800 from Maruti Genuine Accessories shop (MRP Rs. 3750). This did not have any other accessories other than the master cylinder attached to the valve. (Might be cheaper in other stores). If you get all other spares along with the kit, then you are ready to go to the garage, skip all below.

2. Extra brake hydraulic line as the existing one will be shorter in length to fit the new booster kit (Rs.30 - from local accessories store)

3. A rubber hose for vacuum to be passed to the booster kit (Rs.30 - from local accessories store)

4. 2 clamps to hold the rubber hose tightly at both ends (Rs.20 - from local accessories store)

5. T joint which can be purchased readily from a lathe shop (Rs.100 - from lathe shop)

6. 500ml DOT 3 or DOT 4 (castrol or TVS) brake oil (Rs.130 - from local accessories store)

At the garage:

MASS did not agree to install this and advised to contact a local garage. Hence if you do not know the garage person well, then do not allow him to remove anything other than the air filter for this job unless removing any parts demand. Next:

1. Remove the connecter in the manifold (air outlet point) which might have a rubber hose for AC connected to it.

2. Remove the air filter (just 2 nuts and 2 tubes needs to be removed to lift up the unit)

3. Remove the hydraulic brake lines (4 pipes) connected to the current brake cylinder valve.

4. Remove the master cylinder cover and disconnect the cable that connects to a power/signal source.

5. Remove the brake master cylinder. There is 1 cotter pin and 4 nuts that needs to be remove from inside the car (above the brake pedal)

We are done with uninstallation. Now at the lathe shop:

1. Take the connector (which we removed in point 1) to the lathe shop and get a T joint. The T-joint must have thread of similar diameter to the one removed so that it can fit into the manifold.

Back at the garage:

1. Place the new brake cylinder with the valve. It will directly fit the 4 holes. Tighten the nuts from inside the car (above the brake pedal) and put back the same cotter pin or new one

2. Connect all 4 hydraulic brake lines. One brake line will be shorter in length and this is where we will have to remove the pipe and replace the new one that we have bought.

3. Put back the new/old brake oil cylinder cap and connect the wires back.

4. Connect the T-joint to the manifold. It will have 2 open joints, connect 1 to AC (using the small tube). Connect the rubber hose that we bought to the second open end of the T joint and the other end of the hose to the booster kit. This acts as a vacuum source for the brake booster.

5. Connect the clamps to both ends to ensure that the vacuum tube for brake booster is intact.

6. Fill the brake oil and bleed several times to remove the air from all 4 wheels

7. Connect back the air filter cover and the 2 tubes that comes above it.

Note for non-AC carb cars: T - joint might not be required. Just 1 open end and it can be connected to the brake booster directly as seen in ss80's pics. Rest of the procedure remains same.

Start the engine and check if the booster kit gets in contact with the air filter. We are done! Test ride and feel the effect of the new brakes. You are now ready to drive on safe speeds without worries whether the car will stop as required or not!

This is definitely a DIY as Charithao said provided we have the right tools for the job. The above information can also help explain the garage person if he insists on add, drilling or removing any other parts. This is a must mod for all Maruti 800 owners and you will feel the difference and peace of mind at any speeds. Thanks Charithao for your last minute pics. I can update this post with step by step pics if anyone is interested.

Experts, please update if I had missed anything.

Disclaimer: As brakes play one of the most critical role in our cars, please perform the task at your own risk. Owner/Author accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever :biggrin:

Happy driving [drive]
Thanks Very Much for Complete information for fitting Brake Booster :)

Hello SS80,

I inquired with my mechanic for installing Brake Booster in Maruthi 800 1994 model, HE is telling it cost 10k that too used brake booster. also he is telling to fit brake booster he needs to replace Air filter. Is this required to replace air filter ??? I am new to this mechanical field, Please suggest how can i get Brake Booster in old maruthi 800
Please go through the entire thread, later ask questions. This thread has everything mentioned in detail. Also I have posted the mechanic contact details in several posts. [:)] Entire booster kit shouldn't cost more than 6k (new). Visit Manu Automobiles in JC road to get the booster kit.

Hi Dimuthu,

If your car is under warranty you might not want to do this because it will void the warranty.

Best regards,
Charitha
hey I'm from srilanka
can i know from where you bought the brake booster kit
plus can't we fix the booster to the existing master pump

Last edited by a moderator:
hey I'm from srilanka
can i know from where you bought the brake booster kit
plus can't we fix the booster to the existing master pump
Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I have bought it from Udwatte Motors in Pachikawatte. Ask to Maruti 5 Speed break booster.

After perusing this thread for long, I decided to fit a brake booster to my 2004 Maruti 800 mpfi purchased new. My FNG is disinterested in this mod . However another garage I have frequented earlier is willing to do this work and I am entrusting them this weekend. They say they do these conversions occasionally. The garage is 200 Kms away and I need to visit the place. I fixed through phone and approx 5K would be for the bosch kit, consumables etc.

My car has covered approx 92K Kms till now and its clutch is still OE. The car pulls effortlessly but has moderate judder developed recently and is evident only in lower gears. How long can the clutch last with this judder. I am sceptical about venturing 200 Kms with a shuddering clutch. I plan to change the clutch also maybe with associated components if necessary.

This thread is influential in initiating me to install a brake booster. I have taken the printout of the relevant posts in this thread just to ensure that the vaccum is derived using a T joint and not by drilling the intake manifold.
Will update after the work

Will update after the work
The brake booster assembly fixing was done in 13 year old car and the car is back with me since two weeks. The car has done 250 Kms since. There is improvement in braking effort .

Bosch kit was installed (in Bosch packing and not mgp) . The garage (MASS) quoted 5000 Rs for the same with 750 Rs labour charge. I did a lot of other mechanical works though.

The engine bay before doing the brake booster work
engine bay before fitting booster.jpg

The OE brake master cylinder assembly
OE master cylinder.jpg

The brake booster fitted
Booster fitted.jpg

The T Joint
T joint.jpg

The assembled part some snaps
boost1.jpg
boost2.jpg
boost3.jpg

The shaft fitted to the brake pedal
View from passenger compart.jpg

Thr engine bay after fixing booster
engine bay after fitting booster.jpg

@swiftsashi
can you please confirm whether a vaccum hold check valve is present or not?

^^If there is a protusion on the hose, it should have a check valve. Alternatively you can do a blow test and check
I thought the white connector where the hose is connected to the booster is the valve. I dont see any swelling in the tube and hence probably no check valve.

Hi, I own Maruti 800 AC 2007 Model. Does this require any modification or just Brake Booster can be fitted? And what will be cost for Brake Booster for 2007 M 800? Do we need to replace clutch plate as well because starting of threads says about clutch plate and all.

Top Bottom