Brakes Booster & Brand New Clutch on Maruti 800

Try Essar at JC road (next to urvashi theater), ask for M800 5speed booster. It will be available.
Does a M800 5speed booster work for M800 carb 4gear (2000 model)? Also, My mechanic told me that there is no space for booster to be fitted or either I'll need to get rid of air filter.

I am not sure if he has fitted a booster in any M800 before, but his answer has left me confused. Please clarify.

Hi Friends, this may be in appropriate, but i am looking to change the front suspension of my 96 model M800, i recently installed new sets of Leaf springs from a MASS, so thinking of change the front ones too. car has already logged in more than 1.10 lak kms, and suspensions do seem to have passed their best. your advise will be very much help full.

thanks.

Hi Varun560061,

I own a 2002 model Maruti 800, I need to fix brake booster for my car, please let me know how can i contact you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #143
Does a M800 5speed booster work for M800 carb 4gear (2000 model)? Also, My mechanic told me that there is no space for booster to be fitted or either I'll need to get rid of air filter.

I am not sure if he has fitted a booster in any M800 before, but his answer has left me confused. Please clarify.
You might face minor fitting issues as carb air filter might touch the booster (like in my car), jut use a bit of hammer and everything is fine. Air filter touches booster only if your engine is tilted (due to bad mounts), otherwise in a stock car, you wont face this prob

Hi Friends, this may be in appropriate, but i am looking to change the front suspension of my 96 model M800, i recently installed new sets of Leaf springs from a MASS, so thinking of change the front ones too. car has already logged in more than 1.10 lak kms, and suspensions do seem to have passed their best. your advise will be very much help full.

thanks.
I changed my front shocks (full struts) about 5 months back, Delphi 4.3K for both. It takes about 1000kms before it actually gives you a smooth ride, worthwhile investment. Also change all bushes in lower arm and anti roll bar (they cost hardly 150/- max, but all squeaking noises are gone)

Hi Varun560061,

I own a 2002 model Maruti 800, I need to fix brake booster for my car, please let me know how can i contact you.
Just visit the shop J.K.Automobile on J.C.Road Bangalore and ask for KBX Booster kit. No online website are selling it as of now.

any links to an online stores that would sell the brake booster kit?
+1

I would like to get them online too. Please help :)
Sorry guys, No online website are selling it as of now.

Few things to note:
1. Cost of booster kit has gone up, I got it installed in my car about 2 months back nd cost was 5.4K for full kit.
2. Booster only reduces effort in braking and at low speed city driving legs can relax, unike before.
3. If you want some serious braking efficiency then add booster, upgrade to 13" wheels, Wider tyres (155 or 165 width), change the disc and brake pads - I bet with all these upgrades, you will never complaint or feelbad about the brakes.

Wheel DISC cost 1200/- for a pair for front
Brake Pads cost 350/- max for BOSCH ones

Hi Friends,

I am new to this forum. I own a Maruti 800 2009 Model. I have certain queries regarding mods.
1. Should I go for KBX brake boosters. I do a lot of long drives say 1400 Kms or so, mostly above 1000 Kms.
2. I have ordered High Power Cree LED Reflector External USE 10W FOR ALL Bike CAR 1km Range 2pc | eBay to be used as fog lights. How can I get it fitted without drilling the bumper or any other part.
3. Also, I have fitted JK Ultima NXT tubeless tyres, but i feel loose grip over wet surface. Can you guys suggest any other tyre for better gripping.
4. Where can I get the rear and front bumpers. I wanted to replace them as those are full of scratches.

Thanks
Prabhanjan

Thread Starter #145
Hi

New Bumpers are available at most of the car spares outlets in most of the major cities. Or just visit any MASS they can do it for you for sure. Approx 2.2K for both front and back bumpers.

I am using MRF tyres, they are just like JK nothing much to say. If you want a silent ride (no humming noise from tyres and good grip) choose Michelin, soft compound helps a lot in wet surface as well. Or try Bridgestone - a good brand to choose for.

Hi

New Bumpers are available at most of the car spares outlets in most of the major cities. Or just visit any MASS they can do it for you for sure. Approx 2.2K for both front and back bumpers.

I am using MRF tyres, they are just like JK nothing much to say. If you want a silent ride (no humming noise from tyres and good grip) choose Michelin, soft compound helps a lot in wet surface as well. Or try Bridgestone - a good brand to choose for.
Thank You ss80,

I would also like to know where can I purchase the KBX brake boosters and get it fitted. Will the MASS guys do the fitting?
Thank You
Prabhanjan

Hi all,
Since the day I bought my car. The brakes have given me enough sleepless nights. On the highway, the car was like a brake failed car, after 30Kmph the wheels wont even skid on sudden braking.

Spoke to Varun560061 & met him once. I drove his car, his brakes & mine were like sky & earth! The car in itself is in excellent condition, the brakes were unbelievable, feather touch operation!

Got a lot of advice & attention to my car issues. We planned to fix it & he gave me complete list of parts (along with brand name) to be purchased. I did it, we went to his known garage, spent half a day, got the below things done [:)]
  1. Replace Clutch Assembly
  2. Replace Clutch Cable
  3. New Booster brakes installed
  4. Bleeded the old DOT3 oil & replaced it with DOT4
  5. Replaced the brake pads
  6. Identified key rusted points in the car that needs patch welding work

The below pictures will speak the rest

First the new parts
View attachment 45708
View attachment 45709
View attachment 45710
The new KBX Booster

View attachment 45711
View attachment 45712
The box packing
View attachment 45723
View attachment 45724
View attachment 45725
The above contents come with the kit itself. When you specify to the shop keeper that you need to install (mods) it on M800 he gives all this connectors etc

View attachment 45713
View attachment 45714
View attachment 45715
Clutch Assembly boxes (MGP)

View attachment 45718
New Clutch plate
View attachment 45720
View attachment 45719

View attachment 45721
View attachment 45722
Clutch Cover

View attachment 45716
View attachment 45717
DO NOT BUY THIS COMPANY CLUTCH CABLE! Please buy MGP cable only, MGP costs less than this brand and lasts much longer. I dint pay attention while purchasing so ended up with this brand cable.

View attachment 45726
New Brake Shoes - Delphi brand (Always buy KBX brand shoes, much better than this)
View attachment 45727
View attachment 45728
View attachment 45729

View attachment 45730
New Timing belt (bought it, but ran out of time that day so will fix it myself may be this weekend)

AT THE GARAGE:

View attachment 45731
View attachment 45732
I would like one of these Vacuum brake booster units, where can I find this on the net?

Thread Starter #148
Hi as of now brake booster for m800 is not available online.
I checked tolexo.com, shopclues, snapdeal etc none of them have it.

Hi ss80,

Can I have your contact number , recently I have purchased a second Maruthi 800 my dream car . Need your help in to know some information.

Top Bottom