Bought TVS Jupiter via Whatsapp...Wot?

Thread Starter #76
Today morning after a year with the new battery, it just conked off, kick started and took it to the battery wala, who told me to get the same removed and give him to check, my mechanic sandpapered the terminals and still it didn't start, so removed the battery and have been called in the evening to check.

Will update accordingly.
Got a new AMCO battery under warranty, hope this lasts longer.

I've been told to kick start the first time in the morning, will adhere to this.

Hi, my 5 year old Jupiter with stock battery and near 16k run is not self starting. Eco mode light will be on and turn indicators will work when the key is in ignition position. Kick starting it for the past few days. Battery dead or issue with self start switch ?

5 years is pretty much end of life. Time to get a new Battery.
Which one to go for. Can be done at an FNG right ? No need to take it to TVS service center right ?

My Jupiter battery gave up in 2+years, so you are lucky for it to last 5 years and 16k km.
Time to change.
Get MF battery
Haha.. Used to follow "first start kick start" practice

Hi, changed my scooter battery to Amaron Pro Bike Rider Beta MF battery. Costs me 1200/- including 100/- off for the old Exide non MF battery. 24 months replacement warranty and next 24 months pro-rata warranty. Hope this one also will last longer - really longer[:)] Always follow first start - kick start everyday you take a ride.

Thread Starter #86
YEARLY SERVICE UPDATE

Got my Jupiter serviced at the FNG

4 Years and ODO reading 8830, Air filter cleaned, engine dusted, transmission belt cover opened and cleaned also carburater with Petrol, spark plug opened cleaned and adjust, all moving parts oiled and greased.
Rear wheel opened, brake drum and shoes sandpapered, OE brake shoes good for another 4/5k km.
Paid following:
1. Castrol Active 10W30 4T oil 800ml 280
2. Wash 40
3. Labour 200

Total 520

YEARLY SERVICE UPDATE

Got my Jupiter serviced at the FNG

4 Years and ODO reading 8830, Air filter cleaned, engine dusted, transmission belt cover opened and cleaned also carburater with Petrol, spark plug opened cleaned and adjust, all moving parts oiled and greased.
Rear wheel opened, brake drum and shoes sandpapered, OE brake shoes good for another 4/5k km.
Paid following:
1. Castrol Active 10W30 4T oil 800ml 280
2. Wash 40
3. Labour 200

Total 520
The total engine oil used should me 900ML with 800 going in your engine and 100ml going into your gearoil which needs tobe poured in by nozzle inside or by thin pipe and can.This is the practise always tobe used while changing the oil for your jupiter.

Thread Starter #88
The total engine oil used should me 900ML with 800 going in your engine and 100ml going into your gearoil which needs tobe poured in by nozzle inside or by thin pipe and can.This is the practise always tobe used while changing the oil for your jupiter.
Absolutely correct, I had got the gear oil change done at the 6k km service last year, which was checked and no top up required.
Thanks for pointing this out @vijay

Renewed insurance for my Jupiter with National Insurance, costed be Rs. 1446/-. Below is the breakup:
IDV: 22950
OD: 169
TP: 752
PA: 295
GST: 109*2
Kerala Flood Cess: 12

Completed 5 years today. EW is over. Should I continue going to TVS service center or scout for a FNG ?

Scooter has been a reliable companion covering 16414 Kms as of now. My mother bought it for me against all the negative reviews around a TVS vis a vis Honda reliability at that time. Happy to be part of the Indian movement.

Top Bottom