Bought TVS Jupiter via Whatsapp...Wot?

Thread Starter #61
Its only 2+ years old, hardly being used, I'm giving the battery for charging today, and then see if it works.
Battery update
Got the battery charged, it showed a reading of 12.53 on the multimeter.

Paid 20 for charging 20 labour for removing and fitting.

Using since 5 days, no early morning start issues.

Thread Starter #62
Battery update
Got the battery charged, it showed a reading of 12.53 on the multimeter.

Paid 20 for charging 20 labour for removing and fitting.

Using since 5 days, no early morning start issues.
New Battery
The old battery died, changed to new AMCO 5B MF.
Price 1250
Old battery -100
Discount - 20
Paid 1130

Is the mileage less than 40 normal for scooters.

Sedative ride , 10 kms a day, low traffic but uphills and downhills.

Scooter pulling is great , better than hero glamour I say . But mileage is disappointing. Service of TVS is not upto mark.

Thread Starter #64
Is the mileage less than 40 normal for scooters.

Sedative ride , 10 kms a day, low traffic but uphills and downhills.

Scooter pulling is great , better than hero glamour I say . But mileage is disappointing. Service of TVS is not upto mark.
I get around 35/36 in city traffic, 40 is ok for TVM, with so many Hill Drive conditions.

Try another ASS, I get my Jupiter serviced at a FNG.

Thread Starter #65
MRF REAR TYRE

There was a 3" cut on the sidewall of the OEM TVS tyre, 4/5 punctures, the rubber had hardened due to age, 2.6 years 5.9k km usage, I was told by my tyrewala that these TVS tyres need to be changed in about 2 years as the rubber hardens and cracks appear.

My front tyre holding good, no puncture till date.

Paid 1200 for the MRF tyre, which was (47/17) make.

MRF REAR TYRE

There was a 3" cut on the sidewall of the OEM TVS tyre, 4/5 punctures, the rubber had hardened due to age, 2.6 years 5.9k km usage, I was told by my tyrewala that these TVS tyres need to be changed in about 2 years as the rubber hardens and cracks appear.

My front tyre holding good, no puncture till date.

Paid 1200 for the MRF tyre, which was (47/17) make.
I have changed both my tvs tyres to mrf and i surely feel the change in ride quality as well as rubber quality.Hope it serves you better.

Thread Starter #67
I have changed both my tvs tyres to mrf and i surely feel the change in ride quality as well as rubber quality.Hope it serves you better.
Thanks @vijay for your feedback, I can feel the ride quality improved, will keep you updated on the mileage if there is a improvement from the 35/36kmpl now.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #68
Champion Spark Plug

Since last couple of days, Jupiter was riding sluggish, and long starting crank, thought it to be a case of bad fuel, today morning it refused to start.

Went to the FNG who opened the spark plug, which had no spark, changed to champion plug.

OEM was Bosch, lasted 5.5k km.

70 for plug, 30 labour.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I have a Jupiter scooter purchased in Sep 2015. The ODO reads around 23K now. It feels like the breaks have lost the byte and its taking longer to stop the scooter compared to the initial period of usage. Is anything needs to be replaced? I had asked to tighten the breaks in each service till now found that works for a month then the breaks start braking with delayed response.

Thread Starter #71
Hi All,
I have a Jupiter scooter purchased in Sep 2015. The ODO reads around 23K now. It feels like the breaks have lost the byte and its taking longer to stop the scooter compared to the initial period of usage. Is anything needs to be replaced? I had asked to tighten the breaks in each service till now found that works for a month then the breaks start braking with delayed response.
Get the brakes shoe's checked, if worn-out replace.

Thread Starter #74
SERVICE UPDATE

Got my Jupiter serviced at the FNG

ODO reading 6480, Air filter cleaned, engine dusted, transmission belt cover opened and cleaned also carburater with Petrol, spark plug opened cleaned and adjust, all moving parts oiled and greased.

Paid following:
1. Honda 10W30 4T oil mfr. BPCL 250
2. Transmission oil topup 30
3. Accelerator nipple broken changed 20
4. Speedometer cable broken changed 70
5. Wash 40
6. Labour 200

Total 610

Thread Starter #75
New Battery
The old battery died, changed to new AMCO 5B MF.
Price 1250
Old battery -100
Discount - 20
Paid 1130
Today morning after a year with the new battery, it just conked off, kick started and took it to the battery wala, who told me to get the same removed and give him to check, my mechanic sandpapered the terminals and still it didn't start, so removed the battery and have been called in the evening to check.

Will update accordingly.

Top Bottom