Bought TVS Jupiter via Whatsapp...Wot?

Thread Starter #1
At last taking the plunge and buying a Jupiter, (thanks Vijay for your detailed review on your Floating Planet) have been in touch with a TVS Dealer in Kanpur near my house, (in coordination with my man Friday Shankar).

Actually was waiting for the Hero Zir/Honda 150 to be launched during this time.

Well before I decided on the Jupiter, as usual my friends and neighbors suggested Activa or Maestro, as they their chacha, tau, nana dada, all had them. I didn’t consider anything else, except Jupiter.

Must say this dealer is very prompt in replying on Whatsapp, to any of my queries, including sending me detailed photos of colors available etc.

Me & my wife’s color choice (she might learn how to ride), is Matt Beige (Feb 2015), he has no stock of the Special Edition.
My other choices are Red, or Matt Grey (April/May 2015)

The price quoted
ex showroom 51343, rto 4210, ins 1565, acc 2400. TOTAL 59518

I got a quote of Rs.59,342, from another dealer, and sent the quote to the first dealer, and asked him to match it, and to give me a better offer, he quoted Rs.58,500/- on road.

Need your opinion if this is a fair deal?

I will RTGS the entire amount in a few days, and will be reaching Kanpur next week, to ultimately choose the color (i.e if the Matt Beige is a used/TD vehicle), he says it is untouched.

Regards

Vinod

re: Buying My TVS Jupiter via Whatsapp...What!?Brought Red Beauty

The Whatsapp scams are doind rounds now, better visit in person or atleast by phone.

Great buy..! Mine also Jupiter black. August 2014. Great scooter. Absolutely zero niggles. Touchwood. [:D]

Jupiter owners,can you tell me how much FE it is giving and how is the vehicle after usage?We are planning to replace our Access 125 2012 version which has done below 10,000 Km.And,we are considering Activa 125 and Jupiter.

Thread Starter #7

hi all,
back home after a hectic 3 week vacation, where in bought my Red Riding Hood, got my son married, and organised/attended the parties and festivities, and ate the choicest Langra, Chausa & Dussehri, and carried back about 12+kg of same.

Jupiter is a lovely ride, just twist and go, no drama of pulling chokes, tilting the bike to one side to kick start (like my Bajaj Super).

The only hitch if I may call it, was about a couple of days back when the bike was stalling and giving jhatkas, it will be sent to the workshop for correction, according to the head mechanic, he will check the carburetor, if water has gone due to rainy season. Will update.

Mods: Please edit the title to Now bought. Also cant upload photos, please help

regards

vinod

Thread Starter #8

Pictures....Here goes!!!![clap]

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Buying My TVS Jupiter via Whatsapp...What!?....NOW BOUGHT - NAMED RED RIDING HOOD

200Km Update

Just loved my RR Hood, just needed a bahana to ride her, (my wife's opinion), at age 55 (which incidentally is just a number for me).

FEATURES - Loved the features especially the pass switch, which I use quite judiciously (you should see the faces of bikewala's first frowning then using their pass switch, as if to say hello-owww), more so if they are on the same side of the road - on a road divided road, kya yaar in kanpur its is done thing.

RIDE - It just sails over bad roads, telescopic front with gas charged rear dampers & 12" wheels do the trick.

HANDLING - To mimic a typical rumble strip followed by a pot hole, it just goes dhar, dhar, dhar, dhhish, no action no drama and the seat being soft does take care of your back.

LOOKS - The red color being rare looks good, and the 12" wheels look sporty.

SERVICE - Completed my first service @435Km, paid Rs.290 for oil change.

Happy with RR Hood

Re: Buying My TVS Jupiter via Whatsapp...What!?Brought Red Beauty

Firstly sorry to drop in late into your ownership thread, dont know how i missed this.
Heartiest congratulations on your red beauty and wishing you many happy miles with it.I somehow am not fond of cross section accessory guard on scooters, like it plain and simple on sides.But seems every dealer has different sets of these guards.
This is a brilliant scooter without any fuss, service is regularly and try to maintain tyre pressure to 32 front and 36 rear.
Regarding FE you should get between 45 to 50 varying in different driving styles.
I hope you would have peeled off those plastics from the indicators and front lights, if not do so at earliest.

Thread Starter #15
Re: Buying My TVS Jupiter via Whatsapp...What!?Brought Red Beauty

Firstly sorry to drop in late into your ownership thread, dont know how i missed this.
Heartiest congratulations on your red beauty and wishing you many happy miles with it.I somehow am not fond of cross section accessory guard on scooters, like it plain and simple on sides.But seems every dealer has different sets of these guards.
This is a brilliant scooter without any fuss, service is regularly and try to maintain tyre pressure to 32 front and 36 rear.
Regarding FE you should get between 45 to 50 varying in different driving styles.
I hope you would have peeled off those plastics from the indicators and front lights, if not do so at earliest.
Thanks @Vijay, for your kind words, I also did not want the accessory guard, they had already installed it, but on hindsight its ok, as most of the year I am not around, and as my man friday Shankar takes it for a spin once a week, so scratches & dents are minimised.

the latest km update:

IMG-20160405-WA0035.jpg

Top Bottom