Bought Tata Indica DLS 2005 Diesel - List of Problems

Thread Starter #1
please i have a problem with mt tata indica 2005 petrol engine first the fan has been connected to start up with iginiton,thats how i got the car,i have ad this car for 3 month at 82k now its close to 90k,i notice when i put a.c on the rpm drops below the 1 mark,with idling without ac is perfect,in the last week i have notcied my rpm goes up after 5mins at idling and doesnt drop even if am at a stop,reach at about 1400.Please i need to know what wrong as i am in south africa and we have unexperience tata service agent,do you think its the fast idle switch aside that the car drive well but i notice the temperature rises sharply too.i will appreciate your response thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
List of problems

Left Side wheel makes too much hooting sound at 70-80 Speed and is little lifted up also. Got the padding changed to a slimmer one and it is balanced now, but the sound is too much.

Car use too go right, got the Chimta changed of both sides with ball joints and got it allighed, its fine now.

Sudden breaking makes tot sound and then makes again after subsequent pick up at 1 gear. Seems from right front suspension.

Car Makes thud sounds in front and rear sides while coming on new carpetted road.

Vibrates a lot while moving in bumpy road as if Shock absorbers are loosely fitted. Got it checked, Shock Absorber guy said, steering end ball joints required replacement. Suggest ?

AC Gas got refilled, the mechanic said, the idle speed needs to be at 1000 rpm. but I googled and came to know that regular rpm shud be at 800 and with AC on shud be 1000. Came to know that FICD is not working, either the motor is not passing proper current or vaccum is not working.

The engine idles to 970 but after a few Kms drive, but idles to 1020 and doesnt come down. At the same time if I switch off engine and starts agains, idle is at 970 back. Seems to faulty regulator or FICD.

Power Steering on sharp turns at right markes cut-cut-cut-cut-cut sound and is tight while taking any direction turns

There Leakage seems to be from Power Steering oil bottle, the chamber requires repair or only power steering oil bottle and pipes can be replaced ?

Clutch becomes loose every week and requires tighteing. This generally happens in the after a running of 100 kms, I feel that gear shifting is becoming hard when car becomes hot. Got the cluth wire replaced , still same problem.

Very poor pick up and dropped average to 14 Kms per litre.

Please suggest a best mechanic who can treat diesel indica cars as Doctor and can fix these issues and check thinks like Glow Plug, Mounting, Diesel Pipe leakage, rear bearings, chasis (members), gasket, starter motor, altenator, regulator, governor, fuelpump, stator in altenator etc

FAN
First of all the FAN on that radiator should not be working with the ignition.

It should be connected to the computer's output where it reads the thermostat values andd get the signal. If its connected correctly , change the thermostat sensor.

AirCON Idling
This is common issue with the car.
You first need to clean the intake and the throttle body.
Now got to AAC valve of your car and then give it a good clean. There is a very limited space that can get clogged over years and the spring action doesn't perform well.
The AAC valve is connected to computer that read the rev drops when AC is turned on and then it lifts up the car's Rev and idles correctly

I'd ask you to check all the O2 sensors , thermostat , and if they are well behaving then from AAC valve you can set the idling using a screw driver.
If fan isn't turning on at the correct time this causes a rev drop too

Top Bottom