Bought Second Hand LML Vespa

Thread Starter #1
hi,
last night at about 10 pm i had gone to my grandma's house to see her as she was bedridden for the past few months and i hadn't paid her a visit for a month. while we were coming out of her house me and my dad chanced to see a dust covered scooter of my uncle which had been parked in the garage for the past 6 months. dad asked uncle who was there, about it. he told us that he wanted to sell it and buy a honda activa.talk went on & on the spur of the moment we bought it.uncle quoted rs 2500 & we paid rs 1500/.uncle had told us that it would start on the first kick. he gave it a kick on the starter and voila [surprise]it started .then we looked at the RC its a 1996 model lml vespa.
why did we buy it - don't know[confused] both me and my father ( he is 72 years old still drives a car an aveo uva ) have given up driving 2 wheelers long back.
gurus what are the maintenance to be done on the vehicle.
whats the market price of such a vehicle ?​

Re: bought an lml vespa

.....we paid rs 1500/......
......my father ( he is 72 years old still drives a car an aveo uva.......
[surprise]1500?????
Thats verrrrry cheap dude, that too for a scooter in starting condition.
Congrats on the purchase. Please do post some snaps of the beauty.

72 years old and still drives a car? Thats great, get your father to TAI

Last edited:
Re: Bought LML Vespa

Huh , 1500 is very cheap for a scooter in perfect condition! But why have you people bought the scoot if nobody is going to be driving it? Hope somebody will be driving it now atleast and it wont be covered in a heap of dust.

Please post some pictures of the scooter.

Re: Bought LML Vespa

Congrats on the new purchase. LML vespa 1996, must be the Vespa Select model . The scooter i remember was a good competitor to Bajaji chetak . i have driving my uncles vespa for quite sometime as far I remember the maintenance is not much on this vehicle. Since it's in starting condition, just change the oil, clean the spark plugs and air filter and drive it. Have fun man enjoy !
PS: Please post some pictures as requested by other members also.

Congrats man![cheers] where are the pics?

I am also loking to buy the old model bajaj chetak! My dad had it when I was a kid and I have always wanted to have one for myself!

Bad luck HoLySatan , i sold ( In fact didn't take any money , that guy cheated me ! ) my friend's chetak for 2000 rs 3 years back , I think I still have the RC book !

Thread Starter #9
sorry mates will have to wait a bit for the pictures ,as the vehicle is at calicut a good 125kms away from where i stay.will get the snaps when i go there.

Many congrats, dont know how this thread went unnoticed by me. Anyways pour in some more details of your scooter along with some pics.

Congrats. Restore it it's very easy. All parts are available. Make sure you get the Vespa badges and not the LML ones (LML broke off the tie up with Vespa and after that all the scooters were just LML and not LML Vespa). Add the disk brake and retro mirrors from the latest LML. Or google some pictures of the latest European Vespa for ideas.

Thread Starter #14
oh my god i forgot about this thread.i still haven't got the snaps. last time when i went to calicut we had lots of fun driving the vehicle along with my kids and sisters kids who all landed for vacation from qathar. shall get the snaps when i go to calicut fo onam.

Last edited:

Top Bottom