Bought Second Hand LML Vespa

@ general Max i think Doc was Referring to the bike i was talking about and not the VESPA. he has an antique bike its that we were talking about.

Thread Starter #77
genmax its the problem with the sunbeam s7 deluxe ( 1948 ) bike and not with my lml vespa. sorry i didn't specify.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #78
mate my scooter is slowly taking shape[:D][:D][:D]. here are a few random pictures of the refitting

Attachments

This is really an amazing thread!!!

Waiting for the final outcome of this beautiful machine.

The color selected is very vibrant...

Wish you good-luck SR

Gradually the project is about to finish SR, colour choice is very vibrant matching along the current shade vespa is launched with.Looking forward to see the final outcome of this restoration.

This is a very cool build. Are the engine parts still available in India?
The Vespa is a popular scooter here in Canada within the city...

This is a very cool build. Are the engine parts still available in India?
The Vespa is a popular scooter here in Canada within the city...
Welcome to the forum PAT, A few parts are available however to find other parts you will have to dig deep in the refurbished market. its like searching for a needle in a pile of saw dust.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #86
2stroker iam not sure about the engine parts as i have not touched the engine but most of the other parts are available in the market. i will post the final snaps in a few days time as the scooter is being readied for presenting before the registration authorities for renewal and some finishing touches.

Welcome to the forum PAT, A few parts are available however to find other parts you will have to dig deep in the refurbished market. its like searching for a needle in a pile of saw dust.
Thanks! Been in here off & on.
In the yesteryear's there were some very cool 2 stroke scooters that were manufactured....and as time goes by these engines have come under the death knell, environmental compliance etc. The current generation will never get to experience them 2strokers as well as other things in life.....

2stroker iam not sure about the engine parts as i have not touched the engine but most of the other parts are available in the market. i will post the final snaps in a few days time as the scooter is being readied for presenting before the registration authorities for renewal and some finishing touches.
Good job! Vespa is a renouned brand over here. A used 2-stroke bike costs as much as a new 4stroke Vespa, if not more!
Good luck and keep up the passion!

Thread Starter #88
all the work has been finished 2 weeks ago. waiting for the paper work to be finished. the workshop guy whom i had given the money needed and the rc is delaying saying this and that. [frustration][anger]

hope you get the papers as soon as possible. i know how it feels when you have done all you can do and still the work doesnt get over due to some other persons negligence. im sure everything will be fine there is a saying in hindi . ( Der aaye dorust aaye) it just means. even if its late it will enter with a BANG..

Thread Starter #90
thanks for the wish incarnation. just got word that finally the scooter is to be inspected by the rto next tuesday. keeping my fingers crossed

Top Bottom