Bought Second Hand LML Vespa

Thread Starter #46
sam but the seat of my vespa is larger than the base as you can note from the snap. i feel that a new seat will have to be custom made and the cushion installed. 500 bucks[confused] i feel it wouldn't be possible in calicut. any guys from caicut i would like to have inputs regarding a good seat maker.

Thread Starter #50
went to calicut to see the work on my scooter. it was with the tinkerer and it was completely stripped. there is lots of rust. he has just cut out the base, thats all. he has promised to complete the work in a weeks time that is i think going to be at least one month from my sweet memories of past[;)][lol]

Attachments

Get the dismantled metal parts sandblasted if you can - thats the best way to get rid of rust before painting the scooter. Put two or three coats of primer followed by good quality 2K paint.

Am not sure, but you can check out around Vellayil (close to Light house). There are few workshops there.

Else check with PM Automobiles, again a workshop at South Beach. This is at the corner on your left, when coming from Francis road towards beach.

Thread Starter #54
breeze aka brio @ i had asked my friend who lives at francis road about sandblasting at the place you had suggested but he has informed that its not done there.

Thread Starter #56
update - today i visited the tinkerer and as expected no much progress on the work and a ready answer for the snails pace of work - wife fell ill [;)] masked my anger with my most charming smile and cajoled him to speed up the work. in kerala they are the boss and rubbing them the wrong way will lead to further delay - from past experiences.[lol]

Attachments

@ Sam dinkar completely agree even a snail would have finished it by now. However kudos to you to have started the restoration work.

Top Bottom