Bought Home New Honda City VMT

congratulations buddy,i too bought one on 22/5.
18 kmpl with ac all the time will gonna raise too many eyebrows[;)]
really a great car with great performance too.[cheers]

This particular engine has the capacity to stretch to 20+km/l, provided it find's a sober driver behind the wheels and a good stretch of highway.

Guys I have driven Honda City for about 20k kms till date,in fact drove one for 60 kms today itself.
What I know about this car is:-
  • While taking off you always need clutch application because of weak lower end of the engine.
  • Above 4500 rpm in the cabin you hear a sound like a sports car front he engine.Its a quite loud and very clear and heavy sound like 'ghuuuuuuu'.
  • FE variance curve is very very much steep.Where i have achieved 20.2 kpl max from this engine,there itself I myself have achieved just 7.2 kpl from the same engine.
  • 20.2 at 85 kph constt. with A/C on a stretch of 13 kms.
  • 7.2 kpl on the same stretch with A/C at 150-160-170-180 kph.

These both are MID readings...

And by full tank to full tank method:-
  • Highest:-387 kms in 21 liters of petrol which gives 18.428 kpl..on NH-8 in a full night drive.
  • Lowest:-431 kilometers in 58 liters of petrol which gives 7.431 kpl again on NH-8 with enthusiastic driving.

BUT REAL WORLD FE HOVERS SOMEWHERE AROUND 15-16-17 KPL OVERALL.
Waiting for City owners to verify it.

Here is a pic to show you the FE this car offers at high speeds as per its MID..have a look at the MID FE reading in this pic:-
1.jpg

well i today completed first 500 kms on my city 2012.
1.FE-10.3 overall with full ac,never turned it off for continuous 1min.
2.scratched the underside 4-5 times on one steep speed breaker only.others it survived.
3.this model is noisy,at 50 if you put ac blower on 1 and music off you will hear engine sound clearly and after 2-3 mins it is irritating,you have to turn music on(<12).after you cross 80 mark then it again becomes irritating so you have to make the music louder.(>15).if you touch 100 then you will again hear the engine sound like a race car.this thing i din't appreciated much in my old 2011 city.
4.a.c is good with reference to the heat outside.
5.on not so good roads it feels like this car is somewhat loose and we should take a screw driver and make it tight.this thing again i din't noticed in previous one.

will be leaving for jaipur in next 2-3 days so thats a ~1000 km drive(to and fro),will tell about the experience,after returning.

5.on not so good roads it feels like this car is somewhat loose and we should take a screw driver and make it tight.this thing again i din't noticed in previous one.

will be leaving for jaipur in next 2-3 days so thats a ~1000 km drive(to and fro),will tell about the experience,after returning.
Are you referring to the build quality of the vehicle or the suspension set up?

This trip should bring out all the qualities of this car to your notice, have a nice and safe trip.

Reading the views of new owners,it looks like Honda has silently made some minor changes in the city for bringing the costs down.
I am yet to drive the newer version,but this comments are making me even more interesting..it means that now above 4000 rpm,driving a city will be even more fun with the sports car sound coming even louder!!

Reading the views of new owners,it looks like Honda has silently made some minor changes in the city for bringing the costs down.
I am yet to drive the newer version,but this comments are making me even more interesting..it means that now above 4000 rpm,driving a city will be even more fun with the sports car sound coming even louder!!
well said man,thats what is called as optimism[clap]

@visran,
i don't know actually but i just felt that something is wrong something that felt like old cars,which i din't expected,may be its poor build quality i guess.

Last edited:

Top Bottom