Bought a Maruti Gypsy! Finally!

Thread Starter #1
Hello tai's ! Iam a newbie here and is my only thread other than my introduction. so kindly bear with me. it all started when a friend of my dad gifted me a scale model of a gypsy on my 4th birthday ! I spent almost a year to convince my parents about buying a jeep.And man it was tough.they finally gave up in last June and hunt started.Initially i was searching for gypsy. learning about the difference between 410 and 410w.I used to read about the vehicle on internet up till 1am and would be lookin for used gypsy at 8 am again while i am having corn flex ! my parents were growing impatient about my obsession .

later i was convinced that i can also have a mm540/550/classic 4wd if i can find a good deal.seen a yellow typical done 3 spoke alloys waali cj 2wd with di engine wid dealer quoting 2.5 lakhs also considered some mm series.one of them was very wastefully done mm540 with owner quoting 1.65 lakhs non nego. also many 2wd diesel gypsys from scrap dealers.a green clasic 4wd.phoned almost all owners who posted add on net. then i made up my mind to go for a 2001 mpfi gypsy from bhopal for rs1.8 lakhs but sadly it was sold out when i called back the owner after a week.so me and one of my relative searching vigorously for a good deal..my relative used to search vehicles from Mumbai and Nasik mainly and me all over the india exept those[frustration] eventually came across a blue hard top gypsy from pune and called the owner while eating corn flex in my routine 8am round up .spoke to the owner about inspection on weekend.Saturday noon at about 3pm i was drivin my dads indigo towards pune wondering about two -three gypsys i planned to see it next day morning saw a red 4wd 410 soft top with alloys,for 1.25 lakh non nego.it seemed ok but it had rust and i walked off without even having a test drive.

then came to see this blue hard top gypsy owner was good person. took a long test drive .drove it on a small steeps and slopes near a construction site in 4wd drive mode. it seemed nice.it also had a gas kit and insurance. then had a chat with the owner at his place gave him a offer and he accepted [clap].he sent his driver to deliver gypsy to my place. I AM HAVING IT NW! living a childhood dream looking at it for a long time. so this is a 410w 93 model in fairly good condition wid 4wd .yeah! i never had 4wd jeep in my family there used to come a goverment mm540 for dad to pik up wen i was a kid. the satisfaction and joy of living a childhood dream cant be explained in words.we have space for parking two cars but the gate of buglow is in such a way that one has to take out first car in shade,to get out the the other car that is my gypsy.but it is fine as long as i am not in hurry. i have got the vehicle just two days before nd honestly speking i had to wear glares at night when i was driving first time after i purchased it, to hide my emotions.

It is completely different experience,driving a jeep having leafs at all four wheels.ride is real bumpy but less noisy than diesel jeeps,is refined and gives me road presence :biggrin: clicked some pics with my mibile camera and i am posting them for now as not had time to click with camera but would do it soon . I Also do have some queries regarding the vehicle which i will post soon.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: bought a gypsy! finaly!

Many congrats on the Gypsy dude. From exterior it sure looks like a maintained example. If you don't mind can you let us know the price you bought it for. Waiting for more pics.

freakdude,

Re: Bought a Maruti Gypsy! Finaly!

Welcome to TAI, and congrat's on your Gypsy it surely is very neatly maintained ride cant figure out it's age kudo's to the previous owner[clap],please do post some interior pc's

Thread Starter #5

thank you very much guys, bought it for 1.3 lakhs [:)] soon will post the pictures.some rto work is pending. now my queries are
1) it has a switch below steering to convert it from gas to petrol but it strugles intialy when shifted from gas to petrol and vice versa. so previous owner told me to fix a electronic pump to rectify this prob. i would like to know where it fixes and cost of it.should it be done at ASS only?

2)as i am currently in auranagabad that is 200 km from pune .guys from auranagabd plz suggest me a good garaje here and

posting the pic of switch and anoter pis taken this morning [:)]

20092012593.jpg

20092012592.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

i dont have much eperience with the wheel covers also when i tried to remove it i was afraid to apply more force but that guy at air filling shop removed it with a hiss and fixed it with a harsh way i don want to damage them untill i get that tata sierra turbo wheel caps. tried with screw driver also..i know it may seem stupid but suggest me an appropriate way

Hmmm amount is on higher side seeing its 93model you could have got mpfi in this range or little above . Pump motor is no great deal gO to maruti spare part shop buy fuel pump from them take it to any good mechanic he will fix it

Congrats MG410!
You have bought the car that wins rallies (participates in almost all off road rallies) & ofcourse the dream SUV of many Petrol Heads. Please post some more pictures (speedometer console, gear knob, seats, etc etc)

Waiting for more updates,

Ss80

Congratz mate for your new (pre-owned) gypsy. Please post some pics of interior.

Does this one comes with AC?

Really from child hood I have always been fan of gypsy and mahindra classic. Fan ship grew with launches of TATA Sierra and Safari and now it is even stronger with launch of XUV and Storme. [:D] Congratzz once again.

Congrats MG410 for your new Acquisition. [:)]
Maruti Gypsy really looks awesome on road.. I am also a big fan of Gypsy. Bust I always felt that Maruti should do something about its roof. I love that cloth type of Roof [donno what to call it] but its not secure as anyone can tear it off. [:(]

Thread Starter #12
Hmmm amount is on higher side seeing its 93model you could have got mpfi in this range or little above . Pump motor is no great deal gO to maruti spare part shop buy fuel pump from them take it to any good mechanic he will fix it
actually prices are quite on higher side around pune if it is a clean vehicle..i aked mechanic about the issue yesterday and he told me that the switch fitted is of mpfi gypsy and i should not go for electronic fuel pump,as it would be unnecessary expense acc to him ,goin to open engine and cheak if there is ne work.will keep posting updates

Congrats MG410 for your new Acquisition. [:)]
Maruti Gypsy really looks awesome on road.. I am also a big fan of Gypsy. Bust I always felt that Maruti should do something about its roof. I love that cloth type of Roof [donno what to call it] but its not secure as anyone can tear it off. [:(]
thanx buddy is called soft top

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #13

Congratz mate for your new (pre-owned) gypsy. Please post some pics of interior.

Does this one comes with AC?

Really from child hood I have always been fan of gypsy and mahindra classic. Fan ship grew with launches of TATA Sierra and Safari and now it is even stronger with launch of XUV and Storme. [:D] Congratzz once again.
thank you very much dharmesh.no gypsy doesnt come wid a.c. but there can be a after market fit

Top Bottom