Boric Acid In Engine Oil

Thread Starter #1
I have heard a lot of stuff about people using boric acid in engine oil.

Has anyone on this forum actually tried it?

What were your observations and did it benefit you?Please share your experiences.

Thread Starter #3
Google boric acid in engine oil.

Also google Dr Ali Erdemir.He is the one who did a lot of research on the subject.

I have heard about this but at the end of the day i must say that if it were any good, oil companies (that spend hundreds of millions of dollars on R&D) would have already done it. If the pinnacle of automotive performance - Formula 1 engines do not use this, I dont think it is worth much further discussion. But one never knows - the world's a small place for an idea whose time has come.

Thread Starter #5
Formula 1 secrets are heavily guarded.A lot of additives containing boron are coming to the market.

Lets wait to see who has used this in their engine and what benefits and drawbacks have they faced.

Last edited:
Can we try this, is not any way harmful rite ? Where can I get this, also whats the cost..

Is it just bring and add it to the existing oil in our car ?

Thread Starter #7
Carrom powder is what generally boric acid is .
If anybody have big heart friends to lend their vehicles for an experiment welcome.
(for the benefit of mankind :-P)
One of my sardar friend had used it in his fathers chetak, but it remained a mystery what happened..!

Thread Starter #9
That's the problem@jayadev. No test subjects available and all the former test subjects have shone the spotlight.

Would be nice to know how it works.How we can benefit from it.It consists of very cheap raw materials and it is said to achieve great results.

Just need some more information about the workings and if anyone has actually benefited from it.

That's the problem@jayadev. No test subjects available and all the former test subjects have shone the spotlight.

Would be nice to know how it works.How we can benefit from it.It consists of very cheap raw materials and it is said to achieve great results.

Just need some more information about the workings and if anyone has actually benefited from it.
There are lot many resources in Internet just browse it..

Add 100-150 grams for the gear box, another 100-150 gms for the transfer case, 150 grams each for the differentials - what i did for my mm540.
you can see the difference only after 100kms of running.
if you are cruising at 60-70kmph speed on the highways, shift abruptly to neautral and let the vehicle coast freely. my mm540 goes a full km before the speedo dips in speed. check this and pls inform me on your updates.
for the engine , do as what you had suggested. add 100gms for 1/2 litre engine oil and add, run the engine, let it heatup fully - then drive for atleast 50-80kms and then see the difference. for my mm540, i added 300gms powder in one litre engine oil, added it to the engine and then drove nonstop for some 200kms and after that trip, till now, my engine revs so freely, that some cars look at me in awe when i overtake them, which is a little unusual for a jeep. the buildup of speed - you can understand.
lastly open the top cover, in engine, (valve door), see if any residues and remove them, some powder can get stuck in valve springs looking like grease.
Hi all,

Today I went to my mech with 1 litre 20/40 engine oil mixed with 100 gms of boric powder and 1/2 litre of gear oil mixed with 50 gms of boric powder.

Had him drain 1 litre of the old engine oil and pour in the new oil mixed with boric powder. Same with the gearbox, drain 1/2 a litre of old oil and pour in the new blended oil.

Started for home from Peenya, and as luck would have it (or bad luck), there was a major traffic jam stretching from Ayyappa Temple till Gangamma Circle as two Innovas had crashed head-on near Air Force Technical College. Got stuck ifor about 45 minutes. Kept the jeep on idle and did not switch off the engine. So the engine was nice and hot but no signs of over heating.

I could feel a distinct change in the performance, engine noise had mellowed down considerably from the earlier harsh clatter. The jeep lunges forward in 2nd gear at the slightest release of the clutch, the problem I had earlier with 3rd gear not engaging properly disappeared. It slips into 3rd gear easily & smoothly, both from 2nd as well as from 4th. Picks up speed so fast that I was terrified of stepping on the throttle like I used to earlier.

I am thrilled. A 23 year old jeep behaving like this ? Unbelievable !!

Am going on a long drive early tmrw morning with wifey, about 80 kms or so. Planning the same treatment with my rear differential after that.

Will post further developments.

Cheers

KD

But mind you boron has adverse affects on polymers ,modern day cars is all about exotic polymers mostly .

And I think boron suits well for steel engines ,I wonder how it effects the all aluminium engines.so be cautious..

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
I have read all the details.Just need to speak and drive a car that has undergone this treatment.Have Pm'd you the details.Please get back to me on them.Thanks

Thread Starter #12
Has anyone tried this in their cars.If yes, please post a detailed explanation of the process used and also the outcome.Good/bad/no difference.

I too have heard this from a few of my old colleagues. Although never driven one yet. I guess the carrom one will not be concentrated. I googled & found that Boric acid is used in Cockroach killers etc. Hope it is safe on our hands.

OT:
From google:
Being a weak acid Boric acid is used extensively as
Antiseptic
Flame retardant
In nuclear power plants to control the fission rate of uranium

Yes Varun, I am tempted to try this [;)] however we'll just check with Ashok sir (our trusted mechanic) before doing it.

Top Bottom