I have booked a swift vdi and my dealer assured me it would be deliverd before March. But now I came to know that new swift is around the corner so it would be a wise decision to buy a swift now ?
Hello Aneesh, Swift sure is a good car and will offer you the peace of mind but yes, all new model is just around the corner (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-suzuki-now-unveils-new-generation-swift.html). If you have already done a thorough research of the car market and no car suits you better than swift, then stick with the decision. If it is not so, then maybe you would like to look around for other options again.
Their is no big change in the core components
size (dimension) and cosmetic changes are done in the new variant
so you can bet on the old one or else negotiate with the dealer if possible they may cancel the old booking to book the new model Swift
I booked figo black then asked them to change the color to sea grey
then they registered my vehicle with Electronic city Bangalore where i live in K R Puram Bangalore
again talk to them and made sure they canceled the registration and made registration at K R Puram
why am telling all this to you......Because it all depends on how you make the deal
i feel in your case both existing model Swift or new Swift both are gooooood
aneeshs, welcome to TAI.Regarding your swift booking, if you can wait few more time, then you can opt for new swift which is about to launch.To stick with new gen model is that it would continue to sell so in coming years, or wait till its launch and ask for some good deals for older models, which i know its not easy with maruti but still you can avail.
To make things clear I didnt do much research before deciding on swift rather I spoke with some friends and I had a friend in Popular (Maruti dealer) they unanimously recommend swift, I took a testdrive and I like it.
What is now bothering me is if once they stop the production of current swift
would it adversely affect its resale value ?
The dealer told me I can switch to the new swift if that is available at the time of delivery .
First of all; its your personal opinion. If you really liked the new Swift 2011, then I think you should wait for it. Otherwise you can go for the current Swift which is not bad either.
However I personally would say to wait for the Swift 2011, because you will updated with the new model and the car will also have a good resale value in future.