Bombay Meri Jaan

Thread Starter #1
Bombay meri jaan!!!!

hi guys,
I'm Gego aka Jeroobhai from Juhu, Bombay. I'm a pucca bombayite.
I love cars, pretty gals, smirnoff, good food and ofcourse my Bombay, bombay meri jaan

I'm an orthopaedic surgeon, was born and brought up in juhu.

Fortune has shifted me to kerala/ bangalore, but i miss my bombay.

I learnt driving on my Tata Sierra, ya its my first love. Its 17 years old now, but its still a lady killer, can floor any of the beauties.

I have still retained its bombay identity by keeping its MH registration no. I still remember those days when i was learning to drive. We used to place a bet on driving from home cross the juhu beach traffic, cutting autos left, right and center and reach centaur at Juhu church. Centaur has closed but those day....who wil forget.

i still drive with still the same flare, after all "dil to bacha hai ji" from kerala to bangalore thrice a month. I don't use my sierra much nowadays. Drive my swift Dzire and Ritz, both diesel cars.

I love writing reviews and test driving cars when im free. I am also an amateur photographer. I love shooting the wildlife on my trips thro the forests.

350Z

Core Team
A very Warm welcome to TAI gego.
Look forward to hear your Sierra exploits.

Have a nice stay here.

Best Wishes
IR

Heartiest welcome to TAI, dear Sierra:).

Er, I mean, heartiest welcome to TAI, dear gego!

Blame me for the error - the Sierra was my teenage wet dream. I had resolved to buy one when I grow up but what to do, I am yet to grow up.

gego, I hereby threaten to report each and every one of your post to our friendly neighbourhood Moderators untill you post 1000 pictures of your Sierra and follow them up with a nice solid naturally aspirated review (17 year old Sierra cannot be the Turo model;)).

Come on, 17 years man! I expect you to flood the TAI server with words and pictures about your Sierra.

Hope you wont give me a chance to report your posts!

Welcome again and have a nice stay at TAI!

p.s.: Koochie Koochie on your Sierra's cheeks from my side.

Hi friend. My warm welcome to you to THE AUTOMOTIVE INDIA. Have a great time in this form. I really remember Juhu beach. I love to spend time there and eating all chaat items there.

@Gego

Welcome to TAI !! friend, its interesting to read your love on Sierra, yes it was also for many of us during our college days while its launch and I never forget that sierra A/T advertisement even today !!

Looking forward for more pics from you and thread dedicated sierra

Thread Starter #8
Thanks a lot all u guys for the warm welcome.

Wow so many Sierra lovers. Im overjoyed.

The Tata Sierra was ian conic vehicle of its time. But sadly it was plagued by TML pathetic service. I had a terrible time with them in Bombay and Bangalore. The Tata Sierra is parked at the moment in my bangalore house. Its barely used these days. The car has to pass the fitness test, to be able to drive on the road. I cannot make time to get that done. So drive in just in my area when Im at home. Wife and parents want me to dispose it off. Deadline was Dec 2012. That has expired. Now Dad wants me to exchange it for a Safari Storme. I have no faith in TML. The only reason why the Sierra is still with me, because I still love it.

Last edited:
Man, will never forgive you if you sell that Sierra. Take out some time, skip your job for a week and get that fitness done. The NA Sierra can be repired easily at outside garages and there is no need to take it to TML. Most spares related to the engine, transmission, and electricals are easily available (TML is still making that engine). All your Sierra neds it your time (and of course, your money ;)). Go for it.

Thread Starter #10
@Sam: got the engine work done once already. I just find time for the vehicle. I want to give it to someone who will care for it; not just sell it for scrap. Lots of guys buy it dirt cheap and next scrap it. Don't want that to happen. The problem is that I'm based now in Kerala and if anyone wants it has to do all the running around.

Hello Gego, welcome to The Automotive India.

That was a nice introduction and we all love to see a beautiful ownership report of your beloved Sierra in the Ownership section flooded with photos.

Have a pleasant stay and please feel free to contact the team for assistance. [:)]

Hi gego,

Welcome to The Automotive India. An excellent thread title i must say[:)].

Do post your experiences with the legendary Tata Sierra. In case you find yourself stuck anywhere, feel free to get intouch with us.
Enjoy your stay.

Cheers.

Gego, Welcome to TAI. I think already the TAI lights are started focusing on your Sierra. Good. As sam said spend some time for your love and enjoy the ride for some more happy miles.

Pls post pictures of your ride.

Top Bottom