Body Sounds Reduction

Thread Starter #1

napster

Suspended
from the past couple of months im irritated cause of the rattling sounds in my car, i dont know why and from where they are coming. i got this point to the notice of the service centre executifve who attends my car all the time but its of no use, no matter how many times i mention it, they just adjust the doors and say the problem is solved, but it isnt..so decided to do it myself, i decided to fill cotton in the doors and boot, check for broken levers, holders etc and replace them, fix all the things under my dash which are loose etc..

i need you guys to help me out in making a TO-DO list, i need the majour parts inside the car which usually or occasionally make noice when the car goes into pits and over a rough road.

waiting for some replies[:)]

Make your friend or somebody else to drive your car in a rough surface, while you sit and and find the spots where the rattling sound comes from!!another method is to pump up the volume in your car speakers and find the rattling sound's spot!!

Thread Starter #3

napster

Suspended
pumpingup my speakers volume dint help, i hardly get any sound form my body panels cause i recently fixed all those problems caused by audio, this time i want to fix the sounds coming cause of rough roads

check out if you have placed some coins in Door pockets or dashboads!

This even causes a jarring & rattling noise :)

This may not be the reason, just starting from basics !

Thread Starter #5

napster

Suspended
ill take out all the stuff in my glovebox and other places in my dashboard and see from where sound is coming from

Yes!

The first way to find out these sounds is to unload your gadgets & other things from your vehicle & try it.

It will help you in pin pointing things!

Check the Seat belt nut as well.Mine used to create a very irritating sound,also below the dashboard there is a big rod (that is installed to absorb force in case of an impact)
see to it there are no plastic connectors that are loosely held.This sound can be clearly heard.

then empty the car as others others said and ask your friend to drive your car over a rough surface while you inspect it!!

Thread Starter #9

napster

Suspended
im planning to take off all my door panels, stepney, accessories and everything possible and then ill go out for a drive in a rough road and see from where the sounds are coming, tomorrow being sunday, ill start with this process

best thing would be to get some dampned done on your all five doors with fibre glass sheets,its chemical to paste those sheets on your doors metal part, and then see, dead sound reduction of noise inside your car, also as you said do check what part is rattling inside your car.

Thread Starter #13

napster

Suspended
took out all my panels, stepney,speaker boxes, amplifier, sub, HU,my entire carputer setup etc..went out for a drive, i noticed sounds coming frm the dashboards centre console, thats where my HU goes into, there are two metal plated touching eachother in order to support both ash tray and my HU, removed them, taped them and so that even if they get to touch each other, sound wont come, tightened all the screws i could see under my dash, tightened all the wires together and gave them support so that they wont move here and there. stuffed my boot with loads and loads of cotton, installed my stepney back, installed everything in my boot and went out for a drive again, i couldnt hear much from my dash and bot but sounds were coming badly from my doors, the metal itself is making lots of sound, i cant fill cotton in it cause it blocks my window movement..did some survey in google and found that damping is a solution for it but its gonna cost a bomb..im thinking of some other alternatives for it.

ram, damping isnt that expensive if done by your self, i have quoted above how that can be done, buy fibre glass sheets which its chemical to paste on door panels which would be say two hours job to be done.

Thread Starter #15

napster

Suspended
time is not a problem for me dude, how much would it cost for 4doors and the boot?

Top Bottom