BMW E46 M3 2003 - Experience with My "Strom" M3!

Thread Starter #16
Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for the kind comments. Owning this car is truly a great experience and I enjoy every minute behind the wheel.

The modifications that I currently have installed:

ENGINE:
-K&N Filter in the airbox
-Evolve Engine ECU Tune for more power
-Fresh Valve Adjustment
-All Fluids are synthetic (as is the oil obviously) - I will explain about the engine oil more in detail

EXTERIOR:
-Black Kidney Grilles
-LED Stage 2 taillights
-Car Computer programmed for daytime running lights
-Dark Tint - Looks great and cops don't really care [glasses]
-Alloys, when the stock alloys aren't on it
-LED bulbs for the corner, side marker, reverse, and auxiliary lights

Interior:
-Custom Black leather/Blue Suede seats and door panels
-Custom Pioneer Stereo head-unit with Boston Acoustics Component Speakers
-All Interior Lights Changed to LED bulbs - looks amazing at night - will try to snap a picture for you guys
-Custom navigation system mount

Overall, I haven't put the car on a dyno, but factory horsepower figures are 333. The indicated time to 100KPH is around 4.8-5.2 seconds. With the few modifications my car has, the engine should be producing roughly $350 horsepower.

Attachments

Thread Starter #17
Q and A for Sunny:

Q: Why did you decide to buy a E46 M3?

A: I really, really love the styling. I think it is one of the most beautiful BMW Coupes ever made. It's just classic. The S54 is a sublime motor, simply mind blowing. It feels super eager, always wants to please, and sounds awesome. The handling is superb, even in factory spec.

I love that I can take a couple of people with me wherever I go, if I choose to. The fold down seats and large trunk are awesome too. It's just the perfect daily driver!

Q: What made you decide to purchase the one you currently own?

A: I love Carbon Black! Actually, I drove this one and it just spoke to me. The transmission shifted nicely, it felt the fastest out of the ones I drove, and I just liked it a lot. I also liked that it had service records from the dealership.

Q: Why not get the SMG transmission

A: The SMG transmission is extremely jerky when shifting. The SMG transmission is actually the same transmission as the standard car, except with a solenoid that shifts manually when you press the flappy paddles. The problem with the SMG transmission is that it is extremely rough at shifting, unless you have it on S6 mode with the stability control turned off. Otherwise, it is actually pretty slow to shift and respond. Also, the SMG transmission computer and components can cause faults and errors to occur, making them a lot less reliable than the standard car. Plus, I like to be in control of my car at all times! :O)

Q: How is the maintenance?

A: There is a lot of maintenance with a high performance German sports car.

These include inspection I and inspection II. These are done every 7 and 15 thousand miles (11 and 24 thousand Kilometers.)

Another thing to note is that car ONLY takes BMW CASTROL 10w-60 motor oil. The motor oil costs $15 = ₨ 804.4500 per quart, and the car requires at least 6 quarts. BMW states to change the oil every 24 thousand Kilometers, but it should be every 12 thousand, to maintain proper engine health. Remember this engine redlines at 8,000 RPM!

Q: What do you like best about your car?

A: I love that I can drive it everyday. Every time I start the car, it feels like a new car. It makes you feel special. It makes you feel like you just fell in love with your love interest all over again. It's simply mind blowing. It's fast, it's fun, it's beautiful, and it will always make me smile.

Thread Starter #18
Also to answer some questions:

I purchased this car brand new in 2003. It costs too much so I don't like to think about the price! :O)

The tint is not 100% legal, but many people here in California have dark tint and usually it's not a problem.

I do go to car meets all the time here. The car culture is simply awesome here guys. So many different cars, all unique and cool in their own way.

The car is actually very reliable as long as you do the maintenance on time. It is very critical.

Please let me know if you guys have any other questions!

Good on ya mate
nice car you got ther

E46 had straight six 3.2 L engine
how is the acceleration on that one ?

any mods apart of wheels?

Looks legit , Go stance fitment ;) Californians love them don't they

you get chance to meet up with - hellaflush/canibeat/stancenation ? any car meets?
Thanks Mate! Love the Skyline! I wish they sold them in the USA. You have a very car.

Thread Starter #19
Guys,

Here is a picture of the special oil the car requires.

Also, there is a picture of my second BMW.

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Also to answer some questions:

I purchased this car brand new in 2003. It costs too much so I don't like to think about the price! :O)

The tint is not 100% legal, but many people here in California have dark tint and usually it's not a problem.

I do go to car meets all the time here. The car culture is simply awesome here guys. So many different cars, all unique and cool in their own way.

The car is actually very reliable as long as you do the maintenance on time. It is very critical.

Please let me know if you guys have any other questions!
looking at the car it doesn't even looks like its 8-9 years old[surprise]
very well maintained i should say.

you also mentioned car meets[:D] if there are any pics , do upload them as well.

and yeah do post some pics at night also. including the interiors ( led bulb )

please tell me which is the other beemer ? the model ?
honestly i'm seeing this for the very first time.

350 HP :\ what's the top speed you achieved ? [:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #21
looking at the car it doesn't even looks like its 8-9 years old[surprise]
very well maintained i should say [:)]

you also mentioned car meets[:D] if there are any pics , do upload them as well.

and yeah do post some pics at night also. including the interiors ( led bulb )

please tell me which is the other beemer ? the model ?
honestly i'm seeing this for the very first time.

Mate, I will get interior pictures as soon as I can. The Silver Bimmer is the E37 M Coupe. It is a very rare car, even world-wide. It has the Same USA SPEC 3.2L Straight Six motor that develops 240 horsepower. It stays in my garage and I love it too much mate.

Mate, if you ever come to Cali, let me know, I will show you around! :O)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i just edited my post

" 350 HP :\ what's the top speed you achieved ? "
hmm didn't know about the car as i mentioned.

there are supercar meets here as well[:D] i just drool looking at the nissan GTR [:)]

Thanks Mate! Love the Skyline! I wish they sold them in the USA. You have a very car.
Yeah I know they don't . Most of the sports cars we get under SEVS (special enthusiasts Vehicle scheme) ,they are illegal in the states.

350hp you can get on NA engine which is really astonishing for 3.2 Litre motor.

My mate had a 335i Twin turbo , that was fast and then he sold it and got E90 M3 , pretty expensive in Aussie , 160Grand for it.

If you keep it as a daily driver car , don't mod it . They look good [;)]

Top Bottom