Blue Oval: The Ford Motor Company. Your Likes & Dislikes?

I support 1989rs500 thoughts here. Every company has been having their cars recalled and I am happy that they are coming forward to rectify things which they found would be trouble-some in the future. For me it doesn't dampen the Blue Oval's image as a manufacturer one bit. We had a Fiesta from 2006-2011 which ran almost 1,00,000kms absolutely trouble free with not even one instant where it left us stranded on the road. The confidence in the car was so immense that the replacement for it happened to be another Ford Fiesta now tagged the "Classic" in May 2011.

The Fiesta Classic which we have now was recalled last year also for a Power Steering assembly change due to lower level of Power steering fluids which happened to have some sorts of leakage which was checked at the 1 year service. The whole new assembly costed around Rs.22,000 if I am correct and I had to pay just around Rs. 600 for the consumables and the wheel alignment. Though some may argue, it was a fault at Ford's end and the whole cost should be bared by them including consumables, but it was a tiny amount for getting the re-assurance that the company is willing to rectify and give you a 100% OK vehicle back. Just my opinion, don't bash me for this.

Now this second re-call now for the Rear Twist beam issue has come up. Though not convincing enough about the groundwork done by Ford's engineers before delivering the car, I am happy they didn't shy away from recalling for a possible lapse in the cars in the future. For this very reason, they have the confidence from my side. Will be heading to a workshop soon to get it done and will post the experience.

Plus I am still waiting for another Blue Oval to join the clan. [:D] Not a Ford fan boy though, as I am floored by Volkswagen's sheer designs and quality at present(My signature would surely tell you that), but to say that I am disappointed with Ford for the re-calls would be absolutely incorrect.

I consider recall as a good thing, its how a company develops trust and its how a company grows with mistakes, mistakes can happen, the worlds most reliable brand Toyota had more than 80 crore Corollas recalled in year 2010 I guess for a brake issue, that actually costed lots of life itself but was diagnosed very late, Volkswagen the worlds most powerful automaker had huge recalls and nobody complained, it just showed their commitment to rectify the wrongs
The other day you were mentioning much about the superiority of Ford's engineering.So much for the engineering.As a car owner its natural for me to compare the cars I own,my inferiorly engineered Zen has been running for 13 years without a single break down or recall while our 'superior' Figo already had a recall last year and now another one.I never defended any car maker,but you were vociferously fighting for Ford.Let go of bias and ego and try to see things in a better light,When you need to call a spade a spade,do that brother.Everyone does make mistakes,but the way you own it up matters.All across people have been upset with Fords treatment of potential customers.You can go on rambling as much as you want but that won't make Ford a better company by any means.Period.I can understand fan boy behaviour but it too has limits.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other day you were blabbering too much about the superiority of Ford's engineering.So much for the engineering.As a car owner its natural for me to compare the cars I own,my inferiorly engineered Zen has been running for 13 years without a single break down or recall while our 'superior' Figo already had a recall last year and now another one.I never defended any car maker,but you were vociferously fighting for Ford.Let go of bias and ego and try to see things in a better light,When you need to call a spade a spade,do that brother.Everyone does make mistakes,but the way you own it up matters.All across people have been upset with Fords treatment of potential customers.You can go on rambling as much as you want but that won't make Ford a better company by any means.Period.I can understand fan boy behaviour but it too has limits.
Regards,
Aneesh.
See I again say Maruti has been in India for almost 50 years, for how many years Fords in in India, just 18 and other fact is the expertise in fields of chassis and real engineering in Ford India is very low, same goes to VW,Skoda,GM etc just because Indian market is not their top priority and about Zen, we service Zen every 6 months or every 5k kms,Figo every 10k kms and VW every 15k kms or 1 year,so that explains each manufacturers difference, so I completely disagree with you bro

FORD INDIA hiked prices telling high input costs and rupee depreciation.
Now my question to FORD,
All new fiesta is less localised than ecosport and its price is increased only by 1k,wouldnt input costs and rupee depreciation affect new fiesta more than ecosport?

Ford is way too greedy and a company without ethics

Mahindra offered price protection for xuv 5oo and renault for duster,Ford dint even give price protection to the customers who pre booked.

Fords happiness wont last long,figo is doing bad in the market now.Ecosport had got 30000 bookings in 17 days and 10k bookings in another 50 days,in total crossing 40k bookings. What we can see is initial euphoria has gone off,and when ford clears the backlog,ecosport will be readily available and there will be competition from various manufacturers next year,Ford knows this very well and acting too greedy doing unethical practice of huge price hike only for ecosport,deleting features,concentrating more on exports

Thread Starter #20
See I again say Maruti has been in India for almost 50 years, for how many years Fords in in India, just 18
I think you need to get your facts right pls pls pls . 50 years backwards from now is 1963 and there was no maruti Suzuki .

Maruti Suzuki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kindly see the attached picture too .

and other fact is the expertise in fields of chassis and real engineering in Ford India is very low, same goes to VW,Skoda,GM etc just because Indian market is not their top priority
Then they must stop doing business here if India is not their priority .

And for your information , ford has complete opposite view then yours

Ford has big plans for India, China and the region. As part of our better plan for the region we are investing in additional capacity, expanding our dealer networks and further developing our supply chain. The growth potential in this part of the world in the next 10 years is astounding
In India and in the rest of the world, we are simplifying the way we work with suppliers by reducing complexity and expanding parts commonality. By 2014, at least 80 percent of the vehicles sold under the Ford brand globally will be built off 13 core platforms. By bringing suppliers into the development process earlier we can ultimately generate a healthier and more efficient supply chain.

This process also leads to lower development cost and greater economies of scale for our suppliers, and ultimately a higher quality and more economical vehicle for consumers.

We are listening more closely to our customers, dealers and suppliers. Our One Ford plan says to adapt and to localize. It has made us a better company around the world.
Ford Global Expansion and Growth

and about Zen, we service Zen every 6 months or every 5k kms,Figo every 10k kms and VW every 15k kms or 1 year,so that explains each manufacturers difference, so I completely disagree with you bro
What kind of statement is this bro ? Who decides the service intervals of the cars ? Consumers or car makers ? And if ford thinks that their cars can perform better on 5000kms service intervals then why don't they do so ? Who stoped them ? .

I love ford cars very much , but just defending every move of them is not wise thing to do . Defending is a job of ford officials , our job as consumers / fans / lovers is to appreciate and critizize were its due .

Attachments

Last edited:
See I again say Maruti has been in India for almost 50 years, for how many years Fords in in India, just 18 and other fact is the expertise in fields of chassis and real engineering in Ford India is very low, same goes to VW,Skoda,GM etc just because Indian market is not their top priority and about Zen, we service Zen every 6 months or every 5k kms,Figo every 10k kms and VW every 15k kms or 1 year,so that explains each manufacturers difference, so I completely disagree with you bro
Either you are feigning ignorance or you are ignorant.It is Ford who recommends service interval of 10000 kms not the consumers.About chassis,every single vehicle Ford produced here were already present elsewhere,they just brought down the die and ensemble.And if you don't know,there is a proper R&D team for Ford in India.If they don't think India is not a priority,then they well better shut shop.And for your information Ford India started limited production in 1926 and shut down in 1954 due to loss.So that way they were here 87 years back.For my sanity I won't respond to your illogical arguments [frustration].Period.

I think you need to get your facts right pls pls pls . 50 years backwards from now is 1963 and there was no maruti Suzuki .
Maruti Suzuki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kindly see the attached picture too .
Then they must stop doing business here if India is not their priority .
And for your information , ford has complete opposite view then yours
Ford Global Expansion and Growth
What kind of statement is this bro ? Who decides the service intervals of the cars ? Consumers or car makers ? And if ford thinks that their cars can perform better on 5000kms service intervals then why don't they do so ? Who stoped them ? .
I love ford cars very much , but just defending every move of them is not wise thing to do . Defending is a job of ford officials , our job as consumers / fans / lovers is to appreciate and critizize were its due .
See MS was not in India as MS but as Suzuki it was here and other fact is MS got localized in India by 1980s itself, for eg: If we have a Zen and it stalled, we can confidently give it to a road side workshop since every roadside workshop man studies from a basic Maruti 800 or so, that heavy is the localization of MS and its existance has been like in Indian blood
Skoda,VW had been in India but they had no focus in India till 2009, so should they stop doing business in India and go?
Manufacturer decides the service interval of vehicle so maruti is like run 5k kms and if not serviced properly it will hit issues, Ford says run 10k kms with peace and if not serviced beyond that its trouble, VW says run 15k kms with peace, this is same in Europe and USA as well, that is difference between light weight to heavy weight engineering
Either you are feigning ignorance or you are ignorant.It is Ford who recommends service interval of 10000 kms not the consumers.About chassis,every single vehicle Ford produced here were already present elsewhere,they just brought down the die and ensemble.And if you don't know,there is a proper R&D team for Ford in India.If they don't think India is not a priority,then they well better shut shop.And for your information Ford India started limited production in 1926 and shut down in 1954 due to loss.So that way they were here 87 years back.For my sanity I won't respond to your illogical arguments [frustration].Period.
Ya I know but Ford has no proper R&D in India only Mahindra, Tata , Maruti have proper R&D in India, please check your information, I am sure of this,
also about chassis, yes it was there elsewhere in Europe but how much technical faculty soes Indian have of those chassis , those engines, eg:Fox engines are Fords engines, its engineering is still in Fords global hands so is the TDi, if some TDi has trouble I am sure no Indian blood will be able to identify it without sheer expertise from a German engineer, so is the case with Fox engines, but Maruti,Toyota etc are different(except few models) most [people know everything of it and its lightweight engineering as well, Honda does lightweight engineering but its a top notch one better than Toyotas.

See MS was not in India as MS but as Suzuki it was here and other fact is MS got localized in India by 1980s itself, for eg: If we have a Zen and it stalled, we can confidently give it to a road side workshop since every roadside workshop man studies from a basic Maruti 800 or so, that heavy is the localization of MS and its existance has been like in Indian blood
Skoda,VW had been in India but they had no focus in India till 2009, so should they stop doing business in India and go?
Manufacturer decides the service interval of vehicle so maruti is like run 5k kms and if not serviced properly it will hit issues, Ford says run 10k kms with peace and if not serviced beyond that its trouble, VW says run 15k kms with peace, this is same in Europe and USA as well, that is difference between light weight to heavy weight engineering

Ya I know but Ford has no proper R&D in India only Mahindra, Tata , Maruti have proper R&D in India, please check your information, I am sure of this,
also about chassis, yes it was there elsewhere in Europe but how much technical faculty soes Indian have of those chassis , those engines, eg:Fox engines are Fords engines, its engineering is still in Fords global hands so is the TDi, if some TDi has trouble I am sure no Indian blood will be able to identify it without sheer expertise from a German engineer, so is the case with Fox engines, but Maruti,Toyota etc are different(except few models) most [people know everything of it and its lightweight engineering as well, Honda does lightweight engineering but its a top notch one better than Toyotas.
Maruti Suzuki service interval is 10k kms or 1 year,I own alto k10 and sx4 diesel,I know it better than you,please dont post stuff as you like

Thread Starter #24
See MS was not in India as MS but as Suzuki it was here
What do you mean by this ? Can you provide some source please ?

and other fact is MS got localized in India by 1980s itself, for eg: If we have a Zen and it stalled, we can confidently give it to a road side workshop since every roadside workshop man studies from a basic Maruti 800 or so, that heavy is the localization of MS and its existance has been like in Indian blood
It is a " coming first " advantage for MS I agree , but how does that matter to us as consumer ? Ford is free to localize and extend their service networks .

Actually yes , and if its true people too must stop buying cars from them .

And please stick to the topic of thread , you can relatively compare cars with ford cars . But now and then don't bring VW or skoda in the discussion.

I still don't understand your logic here . At one point you say maruti cars stay good because they have service intervals of 5000kms , which is not true as member nkonamme just reported . and now you are bringing heavy engineering and light engineering .

Why is it so hard to accept that ford as a car company has its own drawbacks and positive sides too ?

What do you mean by this ? Can you provide some source pls ?
It is a " coming first " advantage for MS I agree , but how does that matter to us as consumer ? Ford is free to localize and extend their service networks .
Actually yes , and if its true people too must stop buying cars from them .
And pls stick to the topic of thread , you can relatively compare cars with ford cars . But now and then don't bring VW or skoda in the discussion.
I still don't understand your logic here . At one point you say maruti cars stay good because they have service intervals of 5000kms , which is not true as member nkonamme just reported . and now you are bringing heavy engineering and light engineering .
Wy is it so hard to accept that ford as a car company has its own drawbacks and positive sides too ?
I completely agree it has defects, like the interior fit and finish which is not fitting a european brand, the power provided by Ford cars are not at all best in class, they could have easily provided more power in atleast drivers cars like Fiesta sedan, legroom is very low and that makes Fiesta sedan a pure wasted car for the money we pay for it,the Indianised armrest etc of Fiesta sedan is total mess, and it looks kind of bulky from back as well, so its a pure fault from ford brand,
Ford could have easily stopped exporting and concentrated more on Indian Ecosoprts they didnt do it, thats another defect
Ford could have controlled dealers better but still upto what extent?
what I tell is Ecosport is sorted well and it is their best they could do, About other brands like VW,Skoda, I cant compare Euro built cars with Eastern ones as the built quality is like day and night difference, eg, etios vs Classic,i20 vs classic, i20 vs fabia etc dzire vs Classic ,please tell me one eastern car that is as built as a similarly priced Euro car?
One of the main reason why I took Figo over i10 was its solidity and sturdiness over i10,Brio, better music system actually best in any hatchback same goes to all Ford cars only punto and Polo was better than Figo, if no please tell me which ones can compete with Euro brands in this aspect.
Also handling front I still dont think Eastern companies have grown enough to provide the stability and handling and body control offered by Euro car,(Swift is an exception thats why the Swift is still the best car MS has ever made)
As a fanboy I am not praising Ford for everything they do and what they are, they too have lots of defects, but @Raja remember this kind of discussion broke out just because of 50000 RS, thats why I am too not going to give up, before than there were no troubles money comes money goes,
I still say if someone dosent like Ecosport cancel the booking and check another cars dont hunt reasons for making it a bad product
About focus in a country like India, Mondeo was a failure in India because it was a pure drivers car and it Indian was not ready to accept that charecter of a car by then so the Global Ford lost faith in India as other countries Mondeo was welcome like Australia,Europe in Europe once Mondeo was the best selling D-segment sedan beating BMW 3 series to 2nd spot, but in India it wont win Indian hearts because Indian were not ready to accept something like that but now with more economy and fast developing nature we will accept thats why ford india is investing in India, actually i think they were waiting for the perfect moment and the response they got is overwhelming and that again created trouble, over load which they might have expected but sure not in this scale
Ecosport is in Automotive Indias history with 30k bookings in 17 days thats more than what Swift had because Swift had more than 5x times dealer outlets and production capacity in India at time of launch of Swift in India

Thread Starter #26
I completely agree it has defects, like the interior fit and finish which is not fitting a european brand, the power provided by Ford cars are not at all best in class, they could have easily provided more power in atleast drivers cars like Fiesta sedan, legroom is very low and that makes Fiesta sedan a pure wasted car for the money we pay for it,the Indianised armrest etc of Fiesta sedan is total mess, and it looks kind of bulky from back as well, so its a pure fault from ford brand,
Ford could have easily stopped exporting and concentrated more on Indian Ecosoprts they didnt do it, thats another defect
Good you can see that .

Ford could have controlled dealers better but still upto what extent?
How do I know to what extent ? Its ford motor company which has to think .

what I tell is Ecosport is sorted well and it is their best they could do, About other brands like VW,Skoda, I cant compare Euro built cars with Eastern ones as the built quality is like day and night difference, eg, etios vs Classic,i20 vs classic, i20 vs fabia etc dzire vs Classic ,please tell me one eastern car that is as built as a similarly priced Euro car?
And you tell me can a ford be termed as reliable and niggle free and does ford have top notch after service expreince like Toyota and Honda ? Build quality although very important is not the only thing in a car which needs to be seen .
I will again request you please don't bring fabia , vw skoda and all in this thread . Read the title of the thread again please .

One of the main reason why I took Figo over i10 was its solidity and sturdiness over i10,Brio, better music system actually best in any hatchback same goes to all Ford cars only punto and Polo was better than Figo, if no please tell me which ones can compete with Euro brands in this aspect.
Good you choose figo , and again build quality is only a part and not the only thing . You see build quality others see styling and features and some see mileage .

Also handling front I still dont think Eastern companies have grown enough to provide the stability and handling and body control offered by Euro car,(Swift is an exception that's why the Swift is still the best car MS has ever made)
And European and American have not grown up to provide reliability , cheap maintenance and fuel efficient cars like Japanese too .

As a fanboy I am not praising Ford for everything they do and what they are, they too have lots of defects, but @Raja remember this kind of discussion broke out just because of 50000 RS, thats why I am too not going to give up, before than there were no troubles money comes money goes,
Dint understand what you mean by the above statement please explain .

I still say if someone dosent like Ecosport cancel the booking and check another cars dont hunt reasons for making it a bad product
People are free to express what they feel , think .

About focus in a country like India, Mondeo was a failure in India because it was a pure drivers car and it Indian was not ready to accept that charecter of a car by then so the Global Ford lost faith in India as other countries Mondeo was welcome like Australia,Europe in Europe once Mondeo was the best selling D-segment sedan beating BMW 3 series to 2nd spot, but in India it wont win Indian hearts because Indian were not ready to accept something like that but now with more economy and fast developing nature we will accept thats why ford india is investing in India,
Again you have started contradicting your own statements . You change your response as per your convenience .

First you proudly said ford dint take India as priority and now after showing you fords official press release were they have officially said how India is their priority you are changing your tunes.

actually i think they were waiting for the perfect moment and the response they got is overwhelming and that again created trouble, over load which they might have expected but sure not in this scale
Ok
Ecosport is in Automotive Indias history with 30k bookings in 17 days thats more than what Swift had because Swift had more than 5x times dealer outlets and production capacity in India at time of launch of Swift in India
So what we must do ? Hope they create a history by adopting ethical practices and delivering ecosports in time to people who have pre booked the car .

By the way you didnt explain us how Suzuki was in India from 50 years , before maruti Suzuki joint venture .

Good you can see that .
How do I know to what extent ? Its ford motor company which has to think .

And you tell me can a ford be termed as reliable and niggle free and does ford have top notch after service expreince like Toyota and Honda ? Build quality although very important is not the only thing in a car which needs to be seen .
I will again request you please don't bring fabia , vw skoda and all in this thread . Read the title of the thread again please .

Good you choose figo , and again build quality is only a part and not the only thing . You see build quality others see styling and features and some see mileage .

And European and American have not grown up to provide reliability , cheap maintenance and fuel efficient cars like Japanese too .

Dint understand what you mean by the above statement please explain .

People are free to express what they feel , think .

Again you have started contradicting your own statements . You change your response as per your convenience .

First you proudly said ford dint take India as priority and now after showing you fords official press release were they have officially said how India is their priority you are changing your tunes.

Ok
So what we must do ? Hope they create a history by adopting ethical practices and delivering ecosports in time to people who have pre booked the car .

By the way you didnt explain us how Suzuki was in India from 50 years , before maruti Suzuki joint venture .
Yes built quality is not the only factor, but @Raja tell me whats wrong with Figo, it has great mileage, very good ride and handling,styling is subjective,reliable and cheapness is too a subjective matter, I always think Ford is slightly costly than Eastern ones but not as costly as Germans, same goes for Ecosport, its not costly as Germans but still not easy on wallet too, so If enthusiasm,driving dynamics,solidity,all have to come together its German or American, Eastern competition looses out in handling,solidity,stability big time to Euro and American, they gain in only cheapness and reliability(that too just Honda and Toyota but sadly they lack features as well in most of their cars)
Sorry my typing mistake, what I meant is I have seen the same people who liked Ecosport for its GC,good ride,good features etc complaining after 50k Rs hike and that led to this brand war itself right, so why dont they stop this and cancel booking and buy some other car why discuss other cars in Ecospors forum?
if people are free to express what they think I am too free to express myself so I expressed my views but in Fords favor just because everybody is starting to complain about everything Ford is doing,
In one interview video(I think made by NDTV) of michael Boneham previous MD of FIPL, he clearly states that India was not in Global ONE fords Focus, Ford ASEAN was having an eye in India but not One Ford till 2010, Figo sparked the journey and its on midway now, by 2015 I think the One Ford will work great in India, I didnt contradict myself anywhere in any statement its all what I have been telling
About ethical practices, I am again telling if this much members in TAI forum itself have this much wide opinions on Ecosport and its price hike and bookings and delivery, then we should understand how much confusion FIPL will be having at Chennai,
Maruti case I am sorry it my bad, butr about the service intervals, I was talking about Zen, some one told about Zen and for Zen it was 5k kms or 1 year, but Ford Escort,Ikon etc were still 10k kms or 1 year, nowadays Maruti has grown big enough and so has their expertise in technology and reliability
@Raja I dont like brand wars as its endless but since lot of members were crucifying Ford for everything I opposed(I hope as fanboy I could share some light on Ford brand as well) thats all, all brands have niggles nothing is perfect[:)]

Thread Starter #28
Yes built quality is not the only factor, but @Raja tell me whats wrong with Figo, it has great mileage, very good ride and handling,styling is subjective,reliable and cheapness is too a subjective matter

Brother there is nothing wrong in figo, but at the same time there is nothing extra ordinary too compared to the competetion .

I always think Ford is slightly costly than Eastern ones but not as costly as Germans, same goes for Ecosport, its not costly as Germans but still not easy on wallet too, so If enthusiasm,driving dynamics,solidity,all have to come together its German or American, Eastern competition looses out in handling,solidity,stability big time to Euro and American, they gain in only cheapness and reliability(that too just Honda and Toyota but sadly they lack features as well in most of their cars)
Have you driven the Honda crv or the new accord and the new rav 4 ? They have all the qualities what the American and Europeans have and yet are more reliable .

Sorry my typing mistake, what I meant is I have seen the same people who liked Ecosport for its GC,good ride,good features etc complaining after 50k Rs hike and that led to this brand war itself right, so why dont they stop this and cancel booking and buy some other car why discuss other cars in Ecospors forum?
We need to understand 50,000Rs is worth a years diesel . And for some it can be a big figure . And since the dollar has come down a bit and if further comes down will ford reduce the price ?

if people are free to express what they think I am too free to express myself so I expressed my views but in Fords favor just because everybody is starting to complain about everything Ford is doing,
Yes you too are free to express your view and hence we are having a debate .

In one interview video(I think made by NDTV) of michael Boneham previous MD of FIPL, he clearly states that India was not in Global ONE fords Focus, Ford ASEAN was having an eye in India but not One Ford till 2010, Figo sparked the journey and its on midway now, by 2015 I think the One Ford will work great in India, I didnt contradict myself anywhere in any statement its all what I have been telling
So now what ? They are focused or not ?

About ethical practices, I am again telling if this much members in TAI forum itself have this much wide opinions on Ecosport and its price hike and bookings and delivery, then we should understand how much confusion FIPL will be having at Chennai,
Please understand as consumers why must we understand what must be happening with ford ? Did ford understand what will happen if we increase 50,000rs on ecosports pricing to people who have saved money ? Or their plans might go haywire ?

Maruti case I am sorry it my bad, butr about the service intervals, I was talking about Zen, some one told about Zen and for Zen it was 5k kms or 1 year, but Ford Escort,Ikon etc were still 10k kms or 1 year, nowadays Maruti has grown big enough and so has their expertise in technology and reliability
Its ok no worries .
@Raja I dont like brand wars as its endless but since lot of members were crucifying Ford for everything I opposed(I hope as fanboy I could share some light on Ford brand as well) thats all, all brands have niggles nothing is perfect[:)
You are free to express and infact post history of ford cars too . No one has stoped you from doing so . The thread is all about that .[:)]

Last edited:
Doing a recall is good attitude by Ford. But is the recall completely free of cost? They charge you on all consumables even it was their error of engineering. Is this a bold move? And recalling a car twice ohh boy something is realy going wrong with Ford. Why should we buy such a troublesome car and worry when they would recall them.
Are they charging for consumables? That's unacceptable. Let's see, when I get there for RTB replacement. I won't agree to pay anything.

I don't think it's done twice, rather it's the continuation of the same recall or doing it in batches I believe. Eg: Mine wasn't included in the last year's recall whereas it's now. However, I too agree that they should have recalled all the vehicles together in one shot rather than doing it in batches. Maybe FASS can't handle such numbers, which is a fact too.

Why is it so hard to accept that ford as a car company has its own drawbacks and positive sides too ?
Simple. Every company / brands has their own Positives & Negatives. Otherwise, we wouldn't have so many here... We must remember that, they are here after all to make money and nothing else, be it MS or Ford or VW or BMW. There is no, absolute no personal touches anywhere, except for you & your car. Being personally attached to the brand is like being mad about an actor for what he does in movies which is just a fantasy [lol]

Let's have an unbiased and healthy debate.

Hi figoian,
I'm sorry if I crossed the limits,but the way people were defending Ford for their highhandedness and justifying superiority I felt I should present facts properly.We too own a Ford, but I am not biased and will criticize if something is not right.If Ford had such superiority it would have been the No:1 car maker.There were umpteen number of problems with Fiesta's and IKON's.Simply bringing in points like car is heavy and stuff doesn't justify part failures.I love Fiat's madly but won't buy it because of ASS and many niggles.Our Figo was recalled for RTB last year,so its natural for me to get irritated when someone says Ford is superior,blah blah.Call a Spade a Spade.
Regards,
Aneesh.

Top Bottom