Blue Oval: The Ford Motor Company. Your Likes & Dislikes?

Guys,
Today sold our beloved 2010 Ford Figo Titanium Petrol for 3.25 lakhs.
Car had done 24580 kms to be precise.

It was bought at the time when there were better looking hatchbacks in the market (Swift, Polo, i20, Fabia, Jazz, Punto).

Looks apart, the major reasons Figo was preferred was
1. Ride Quality
2. Steering Wheel (Hydraulic Steering)
3. Excellent AC

It used to return 11 in the city & around 14-15 on highways.

Now the search begins to find a replacement for it. "A Ford must be replaced by a Ford". New Fiesta is the only option as off now, everything is good about that car except the resale value. No another Figo, Ecosport, and Endeavour is out of budget.

Guys,
Today sold our beloved 2010 Ford Figo Titanium Petrol for 3.25 lakhs.
Car had done 24580 kms to be precise.

It was bought at the time when there were better looking hatchbacks in the market (Swift, Polo, i20, Fabia, Jazz, Punto).

Looks apart, the major reasons Figo was preferred was
1. Ride Quality
2. Steering Wheel (Hydraulic Steering)
3. Excellent AC

It used to return 11 in the city & around 14-15 on highways.

Now the search begins to find a replacement for it. "A Ford must be replaced by a Ford". New Fiesta is the only option as off now, everything is good about that car except the resale value. No another Figo, Ecosport, and Endeavour is out of budget.
So 4 years and ~25k kms, same as mine, mine is not Titanium its a zxi figo the variant just below titanium,its done 22789 kms as of now,still loving it and I will have this Figo as a secondary car,no plan to sell it,
I am too looking for a new sedan if Ford released the Fiesta with ecoboost it would have been my first choice,so thats out of question right now,
Had a fair bit of time spent inside the new i20, superb car ,extremely good value for money,looks damn smart and has loads of features to even forget some it has.
I really like the new Jazz as well if Honda brings it to India, called FIT outside India.
Drove Ciaz , its an OK car,still no way a deal breaker or attention grabber,nor good to drive.
VW polo the updated one is simply brilliant,except for space at back which is more or less same as Fiesta facelift,other than that all things in new Polo makes monster sense , must check out if premium hatch is a criteria,it easily can hold its own against the new i20,

Re: Bailed Out From Ecosport. What's Next?

i think its better to be safe with ford classic..

i know both are in a different segments. the topend model in classic (titanium dsl) gives a bit of options compared with fiesta style dsl.

what do u say abt it
Even though the styling is bit vintage look,I think its a great ride,it gives in almost economic features,value for money.

Fords have good ride. But hate the power. They have low BHP but good torque. Initial power is good upto mid range but little demand for power is denied on highway. Service is another flaw we faced. Workshops are pathetic in Hyderabad and no option to get them serviced outside. All refused to take it for service bluntly. Too many sensors and always malfunction.

Bought our 2009 Fiesta for 8.50L but sold it for 2.2L in three years and one lakh years of ownership.

Fiesta which i own, gives good mileage when compared to tata manza, and even the service costs close to 6k for every 10k kms. Amazing ride and handling with fantastic music system. Mine has done close to 64k kms in 2.5years.

Re: Bailed Out From Ecosport. What's Next?

Even though the styling is bit vintage look,I think its a great ride,it gives in almost economic features,value for money.
The 1.6 Duratec Fiesta is a gem of a machine, your opinion is just as mine as well, a little dull in design due to the age it shows but still if we look to it with a second thought its a brilliant machine, Last time I went to Kairali Ford I took a price quote for the Ford Classic 1.6 Duratec Titanium, its just 7.26 lakh on rad Trivandrum,
Its got same space as Honda Amaze, much better built quality, better music system,in a sense if a powerful sedan car is what ones aiming for the 1.6 Duratec is unbeatable
I have made a good comparison between facelift Fiesta model and the Classic model as well, the biggest difference is back seat space where the Classic absolutely destroys the new model, apart from that every other things are better for the new facelifted model like looks,interior quality,cabin quietness, body strength and structural rigidity,features,ride quality,comforts, ergonomics and design...
Sometimes I even think why wait for the ecoboost Fiesta when the 1.6 is still cheap and satisfies almost all of our needs[confused]

Ford India...

Launched the first stylish sedan in Ikon, the Josh Machine, well it was an icon in deed during the late 90's and early 2000.

Launched the Ecosport similar to the concept version with minimal changes. Arguably the first car to be replicated (mostly)in flesh similar to the concept

Dislikes:

Has been in India since 1995, 2nd only to MSIL, but hasn't been able to get a foothold in the Indian Market.

Doesn't consider the market serious enough, the very fact that the export of Ecosports is given high priority over domestic demand is testimony to the company's lethargic attitude. Use up cheap labour, infrastructure, serve the developed nations, end up with fat profit margins. After all its bottom line that matters...

Last edited:
Ford acquires 2nd position after Hyundai as top exporter

Ford India has acquired the second spot after Hyundai after dethroning Maruti. Hyundai retains its spot as the #1 car exporter from India.
A possible reason for its fat-cat arrogance & indifference to public opinion regarding its pricing policy?[;)]
I must confess that I was not aware of this distinction on Hyundai's part!

https://www.motorbeam.com/2017/04/c...beat-maruti-fy17-india-acquires-2nd-position/

Last edited:
I think Ford India is in the right strategy, Localize products and export. Creates Jobs and capability in India. And besides for its 3 main products, Ecosport and Figo twins long term maintenance will be cheaper as many parts are sourced from India compared to Fiesta or VW cars where even batteries come from Spain. I think once the Figo twins gain some reputation for being relatively low maintenance, they can bring in a Sedan with backseat space rivaling City and Kugga equivalent and Fiesta Hatch version to compete with I20 and Baleno. But for that they need to develop suppliers within India. SO far only Maruti, Hyundai, Tata and Mahindra apart from Ford have too many of their parts made locally. I think Honda are also getting there.
VW group vehicles will always be a nightmare to maintain since many of the parts get shipped over from Europe.

I hope they can localize and produce the NA and Turbo charged Dragon series 1.2 and 1.5 liter Petrol Engines, Eco blue 1.5l and 2.0l Diesel Engines. This will keep them in the game.

Last edited:

Top Bottom