Blue Chariot: Tata Nexon XM (P) Ownership Review

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Many- many congratulations on your ride. This colour is my choice too. Feel free to put up any doubts or queries just in case. Drive safely.

congrats & happy motoring.

Just be cautious of the TASS , they are the people who always create trouble for us. Untrained staff is the main headache for tata owners like us.!!

A quick query to owners of Nexon, i am bit worried of higher ground clearance and vehicle not having an ESP/ESC . Will the higher ground clearance be a risk for roll over? I have been reading that the center of gravity gets impacted linearly with ground clearance. Is manuevoring confidence isnpiring especially for someone who is going from a Hatch to a Compact SUV ? Although i maintain safe speeds i have the habit of pushing the car around corners and swift lane changes.

Secondly the visibility in Ford Ecosport and lack of ISOFIX mounts , seat belt pretensioners in JAZZ is keeping me in a confusing situation. Yaris CVT was rock solid , however the engine whine gets quite annoying even on partial inputs and the ergonomic night mare with the hand rest has removed it from my shortlist

bhvm

Honoured Member
A quick query to owners of Nexon, i am bit worried of higher ground clearance and vehicle not having an ESP/ESC . Will the higher ground clearance be a risk for roll over? I have been reading that the center of gravity gets impacted linearly with ground clearance. Is manuevoring confidence isnpiring especially for someone who is going from a Hatch to a Compact SUV ? Although i maintain safe speeds i have the habit of pushing the car around corners and swift lane changes.

Secondly the visibility in Ford Ecosport and lack of ISOFIX mounts , seat belt pretensioners in JAZZ is keeping me in a confusing situation. Yaris CVT was rock solid , however the engine whine gets quite annoying even on partial inputs and the ergonomic night mare with the hand rest has removed it from my shortlist
How fast do you drive?
I don't think it will be an issue upto 140~160KMPH.
With nexon being a heavy vehicle, generally tyres will leave traction/Grip or Skid out way before vehicle tips over. Even the much Taller/Heavier XUV does not tip over.

Carving corners is not a function of any SUV for that matter. A low slung sports sedan works best in those situations. Lane changes should have no issues.

Thread Starter #21
Got 1st free service of our Nexon done at Bannerjee Motors. It's a small workshop with plenty of car jostling for space. The service advisor wanted various paid services getting done like underbody painting, lubrication of belt and battery terminals etc. But I stuck to basic free service. The SA gave me an estimate of₹125 but SMS from Tata Motors came as 0. When I asked about the discrepancy, he told consumables are not included is estimate from Tata Motors but are billed as actual. They estimated delivery time was 3pm. However they continued to clean and polish the car till 4pm so that it became shinier that first delivery. Also gave me cost of extended warranty which I plan to buy. Any advice should I buy their gold AMC? Is it worth 12k price they are asking for 2 years?

Thread Starter #22
The dealer called to inform Tata Motors have provided some update during Next one month. Anybody has any idea what Tata Motors is offering as update? We plan to get it while next service in 1st week of January.

Thread Starter #23
I often wondered why Tata can not get good figures in sale despite good looking safe cars like Nexon. I now have the answer. Despite settling new dealership, their service remain as shoddy as before.
I had met a small accident when a biker crashed side on while trying to overtake my car , in the process breaking rt sided ORVM lamp and rt wheel cover, with some dent on right side door. I took the car to service centre locally on 20th June for insurance service. They could not get the inspection done by the surveyor before 7days, that too after I called Tata insurance broker helpline . After that work could not be done as parts were not available. Mail to Tata customer care only yielded a customary receipt an enquiry about car details, which I provided. The car was ready only on 14th June, after repeated phone calls. If Tata makes good car but can not make essential spare available to dealers, what's the point in marketing them. Unless Tata improves their service network for hassle free customer experience, designing and producing high quality cars is fruitless.

Attachments

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, I agree with your point. There are few dealers still to improve and unless good service is given, you cannot beat the competition.

A shortage of spare parts at service centres and getting it from Tata Motors is the other problem which, eventually gets delayed in finishing repair works.

My Tigor was having some minor sound (tak, tak) from the left side rear tyre. When I gave the car for the 2nd service on 11th Match 2019, I have told them about the sound and after checking by their technicians and the SA told me that shock absorber has to be changed which they have to get it from Tata and it may take at least 15 days and I had to present the car again for this repair (The Service centre is 45 kms away (one way) from my home, which means additional expenses for me).

They should try to avoid these kind of delays - make sure and arrange the spares as quickly as possible (not 10 and 15 days) which will give satisfaction to the customers.!

Last edited:

Top Bottom