Blasts in Mumbai!

13 is the average number of people who die every hour in India in road accidents. How many were killed by terrorists in the last attack? Only 166. That too after those murderous butchers went on a massacre spree continuously for almost four days. I personally feel that I and my family members are more likely to be killed in a road accident than to die of old age or to die of some other reason and terrorists being the last one. We need to reform this country once and for all. Enough is enough and we are done with being manipulated by politicians and bureaucrats. Lets all say this stops now. Jai Hind!
I agree! The response explains the matter in good depth for us to understand what all factors are involved when it comes to judgements and punishment in such cases,

Having said that, I would still not keep terrorism as the last thing to worry about. how we handle terrorism and international issues makes an impression about our country at the broader forum. I mean, not only international politics but also an image is created in the mind of foreign nationals. When USA fought 9-11 attackers, the way operations were performed and actions were taken was so quick & stringent that many felt this is the way to tackle international terrorism.

Everyone knows, they could not find and kill the mastermind for almost 10 years, however the impression given was commandable.

In our case, I agree that Kasab can not be hanged till date yesterday or tomorrow, the legal proccedings take time and need to be carefully handled.
But, Do you think our actions appear to be serious to common man? Do you think our people are made to believe in the system?

It is more to do with aggressive intent and strigent action than being diplomatic and do nothing. Kasab's is one of the case, where he was fortunately caught alive by the BRAVEHEARTED policemen and was chargesheeted. No doubt our system is doing all sort of good things and making a strong statement to the international diplomatic community. What about other incidents in India?

The possibility of loosing life may definitely be more on the roads than terror attacks but India should worry about FINISHING terrorism on its land on highest priority.

Roads is an internal issue and its development depends on the political will, which I doubt can be influenced by anyone the world. They will take their own time.

I agree! The response explains the matter in good depth for us to understand what all factors are involved when it comes to judgements and punishment in such cases,

Having said that, I would still not keep terrorism as the last thing to worry about. how we handle terrorism and international issues makes an impression about our country at the broader forum. I mean, not only international politics but also an image is created in the mind of foreign nationals. When USA fought 9-11 attackers, the way operations were performed and actions were taken was so quick & stringent that many felt this is the way to tackle international terrorism.

Everyone knows, they could not find and kill the mastermind for almost 10 years, however the impression given was commandable.

In our case, I agree that Kasab can not be hanged till date yesterday or tomorrow, the legal proccedings take time and need to be carefully handled.
But, Do you think our actions appear to be serious to common man? Do you think our people are made to believe in the system?

It is more to do with aggressive intent and strigent action than being diplomatic and do nothing. Kasab's is one of the case, where he was fortunately caught alive by the BRAVEHEARTED policemen and was chargesheeted. No doubt our system is doing all sort of good things and making a strong statement to the international diplomatic community. What about other incidents in India?

The possibility of loosing life may definitely be more on the roads than terror attacks but India should worry about FINISHING terrorism on its land on highest priority.

Roads is an internal issue and its development depends on the political will, which I doubt can be influenced by anyone the world. They will take their own time.
The problem we have is that we look at things that media portrays as important and hence often fail to see the bigger picture. Terrorism need to be dealt with more seriousness and not like this. But with the current state of affairs and practices and that 'Chalega' attitude which is sort of a notorious trademark of our nation has to go out the door first. Have to start by changing the very mindsets of the next generation teaching them right from wrong. But I doubt that is going to be possible when parents these days teach their young ones only about making money.

Earlier in our nation, some two decades back, a bureaucrat caught for corruption used to have his life almost finished. No one would start a relationship with his family through marriage. His children would be mocked at school. He could not walk around in public without covering his identity. There was a sense of morality in the society and people condemned corrupt people. But now people admire, worship and will stand in a queue to make a relationship with a person accused of corruption cause he might be rich with his loot off the society. A corrupt person is now considered a clever and wise by the majority. Thats the drastic and unfortunate change that materialism has brought us to.

I recall someone told me that the last time there were elections in Mumbai after 26/11, people who belonged to no party and wer from various walks of the public contested to try and make a change. The society did not support any of them and they all failed miserably. These people had good reputation and were well educated, But still no one voted for them. We all preferred to vote for the self centered bunch of people who did nothing when Mumbai was terrorized for three days. Many people did not even bother to go and caste a vote.

And about internal issues. How do we defend ourselves from external attacks and terror strikes when we cannot even put an end to the anarchy chaos on roads among other things.

The U.S already has an efficient system if not perfect in their nation to deal with both internal and external issues. And we have to work on making ours as strong. And that starts by fixing our internal issues. We have to strengthen ourselves from the insides and without that we are nothing but sitting ducks waiting to be sorry.

Last edited:
Jalex , your post is err making me two minds . but i select /wish the judgement should be lightening fast , means investigations too in lightening fast , not giving a chance to hi jack a plane/hotel/ anything, making kasab as ransom!

Corrupt free thing by police and politicians seems impossible , but what i feel atleast be corrupt free when it comes to nation , like things like these.

Do you believe that no political person or police persons do not know about this blast plan

My first question is, when you have a 1588 page verdict, also upheld by a higher court, then what solid grounds does the convict have left in his defense, if he appeals in the Supreme Court?
We were, and are a soft target, so do the makers of Kasab know this, and so I don't find any point in the argument that Kasab will not be "demanded" in a Kandahar like hijacking.
The first few reactions, after any terrorist activity are, "Talks will not be affected"; "We salute the spirit of Mumbaikars" and so on. This time, there are more stupid and blood boiling reactions.
I thought, that at least this time, we will not follow our "usual" procedure of filing a Charge-sheet, conducting a trial, and punishing the convict, as everything was crystal clear. But it is a total shame on us, to allow a cross-border terrorist avail legal course of action, to pass time and live a safe and secured life.

aha! a new blast has occcured, many have been killed & maimed, my heart felt condolences to their family.and the great indian tamasha has started. the prime minister is rushing back from dhaka[clap], of course he is shocked. he has condemned this dastradly act with the severest of words, & will visit the victims in the hospital.of course leads have been unearthed by the authorities [sleep] the terrorists of this blast and the previous blasts will be seeing the repeat of the great indian tamasha.

politicians will again show their sympathy and forget!! they are giving compensation to families of dead ones but can money bring them back?? [anger]

Yes i was shocked to see this news. But am sick of this compensation money given by the Government , C mon just 1 Lakh for a life lost??!! I am not asking to give compensation in Crores but instead they can work on something else.

Top Bottom