Blackberry Mobile Phone Discussions

Re: A doubt about Blackberry

Yes my friend owns a BB sorry don't know the model name. It is like a BB IM something similar to our Yahoo IM. But i don't think its free , you have to pay a fixed monthly rental for each time but yes then its free all over the world!

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended

If I have to pay for GPRS, it means it is not free.

Yes technically speaking its not free. But i find this to be pretty useful if one has to be in constant touch with somebody abroad.

I use BlackBerry Curve 8520, but unfortunately its from my company and all these services are blocked. Also company pays for rent so no idea about charges.

I would say, this is not a great device. Currently in market better options are available.

350Z

Core Team

I use BlackBerry Curve 8520, but unfortunately its from my company and all these services are blocked. Also company pays for rent so no idea about charges.

I would say, this is not a great device. Currently in market better options are available.
Can you please elaborate more on the pros and cons of this model? I have been considering to opt for the same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

yes one has to pay fixed monthly charges for the service but what he meant was that the messages are free via BlackBerry Messenger. If your friend living in another country gives you his BB Pin, then you guys can chat unlimited anytime and anywhere.

Thread Starter #8

AMG

Suspended

BBM is blocked?[surprise]

as type-r said, yes the services are free. BB works on enterprise servers and they provide messenger functionality using the same servers. Data transfer is secure, controlled and monitored. So if there is another BB user, you can chat with him over BB messenger.

For using other web messengers/phone messengers you will have to pay for GPRS or data connection.

Hope it helps.

Thread Starter #10

AMG

Suspended

It means that while using BBM I will have to pay no data cost?

Dear AMG,

You need to take BB enterprise plan (INR 299/- per month) then you can send & rcv unlimited emails (max 10 Email ID) with attachments (max 3mb). There are also other plans available for unlimited net surfing, if required. No national & international roaming charges for BB services as BB/ gtalk/ yahoo/ msn etc. msngrs & emails).. enjoy..

It means that while using BBM I will have to pay no data cost?
No additional cost for data, but the services will be included in some rental plan! Not sure about MRC (monthly charges) but say a 799 plan or 599 plan.

Thread Starter #13

AMG

Suspended

Rs 399 pm
Unlimited emails
unlimited internet surfing
unlimited messenger

Rs 299 pm
Unlimited emails
unlimited messenger

Both plans for airtel prepaid.

Re: A Doubt About BlackBerry

Can you please elaborate more on the pros and cons of this model? I have been considering to opt for the same.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Since I can't use all the features, so I can't elaborate, but overall I think nothing exciting.
Screen size is poor. Browsing etc is not so great. Camera is below average.

BBM is blocked?[surprise]
I can only check my office emails and use office messenger.[:)]

Rs 399 pm
Unlimited emails
unlimited messenger

Rs 299 pm
Unlimited emails
unlimited messenger

Both plans for airtel prepaid.
Those are pretty good plans. In 399 you get unlimited emails, surfing and messenger. This messenger is specifically BB Messenger only!

Top Bottom