Black Venom: My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #46
Gave my SR for 3rd free service today unexpectedly coz I wanted to give my vehicle for third service on Saturday as I’ll be free but today our college was declared holiday due to the death of our junior,who passed away in accident which happened near my college and he passed away due to brain dead.Hence,I thought why not give the SR for service today.So,after clearing all the bills related to home(electricity,Internet and water),I gave my SR for servicing at my preferred A.S.S Radar Motors,from where I bought my Venom.I gave the vehicle at 11:30am and got back the vehicle by evening 6pm.Due to lack of technicians,who took leave due to personal reasons,there was only one technician,who always takes care of my Venom and told him to look after my vehicle.So,I handed over the vehicle to him and left the service center and went home by metro train.Total bill I got was ₹468 that includes change of oil which costed me ₹291 and others costed me ₹177.When I went to give my SR for service,the showroom was filled with many Vespas,that too many were red and only 2 yellows were there.Apart from Vespas,mine was the only SR which came for service and there were two SR150’s(2018 pre facelift SR150 and 2018 facelift SR150) were met with an accident and 2018 prefacelift one was crashed by a tipper after 10 days of purchasing the vehicle.

Now,the odo reading is 4557 Kms as of today.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #47
My Black Venom has completed 5000 Kms two days ago and present odo reading as of now is 5068 Kms.With my running got increased now,I'm doing around 45-50 Kms per day within city traffic.The same running will happen till June as I'll be completing my Degree final year by June and SR's running might get reduced as I'll start using the car from June onwards.All is fine with my SR150 and FE is hovering around 35-37 Kmpl within city traffic.

Thread Starter #48
Black Venom(err,now changed the name to Night Fury) has run 5783 Kms and did nearly 800 Kms in a month due to my daily travel to college and tuitions.All is well with my Night Fury but one of the LED bulb got kaput and need to change it soon but I’m resisting myself to change it as I’m short of funds right now.

Planning to do solo ride on my SR150 in June as soon as I complete my degree final exams and planning to buy some goodies like new helmet worth of ₹5000-6000,gloves,jacket and boots and change the LED lights to much better ones but I’m thinking to shift back to halogen ones for sometime and modify it to Carbon ones.

My usage with SR might get reduced in June as I would be using the car all the time.

Thread Starter #49
Night Fury has completed 6000 Kms and present odo as of today is 6215 Kms.

Nothing much to update about my SR150 as he is going on munching miles.And,I had removed stickers on front dome which are from manufacturer itself and front has become complete black now and I’m gonna skip 4th service as I’m planning to get annual service done in June as I’ll be completing 1 year with SR150 in July.

And completed 9 months of relationship with him now.

Thread Starter #51
Night fury has run 7200 Kms and running has been reduced a bit due to my exams.There are no issues with Night Fury till now and giving him for annual service this week,

Apart from that,I'm planning to get extra foam for seats,aux lights and new LED lights for my Night Fury.

Thread Starter #52
Got my Night Fury serviced this Tuesday and replaced horn switch as it became loose.Total bill including horn switch is Rs.624 and the present odo is close to 7300 Kms.

Will be completing 1 year with him in a month.

BTW,when I was going home,a swiggy guy had hit my SR and my SR had a fall luckily I didn't fall but my SR suffered with a damage.This was happened a month ago and 2 hours ago,when I was going home,I almost hit a Vespa guy,who was in front of me by applying sudden brakes but nothing happened to my vehicle but my skin on the leg had came out a bit thanks to that Vespa guy.

Thread Starter #53
Night Fury has run 8000 Kms and running smooth.He is going to complete 1 year with me in another 10 days and planning for special ride with him on the day he completes 1 year.Firstly,need to get the insurance renewed and change those LEDs to halogens(bought one from online recently but due to lack of time,I couldn't get it done).Can't believe that I'm going to complete 1 year with him so fast.Time is flying ahead eh.

Thread Starter #55
Time flies and we don’t changeMeanwhile,my Aprilia has completed 1 year with odo reading of 8200 Kms in July and present odo as of today is 9700 Kms and in few days,I’ll be completing 10,000 Kms too and got his servicing done 2 days ago and changed airfilter,spark plugs and got a bill of ₹1750.

I think this will be the first Aprilia SR150 to complete 10,000 Kms.

Thread Starter #56
Recent pictures of my Aprilia SR150,which was shot from my iPhone XS and few were taken during Ayudha Puja.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57
SR150 had completed 10,000 Kms on Dec 1st and odo reading as of today is 10175 Kms.Yes,my usage on two wheeler has been reduced significantly as I'm preferring car if I go more than 5 Kms radius or highways and preferring the metro too if I do more than 5 Kms as I feel two wheeler is not a safe option anymore.But,SR150 is used only for short runs and daily household chores as of now.Was thinking to sell it off as it doesn't have much usage anymore or buy myself a Vespa but since I'm planning to go abroad for studies,I felt this is not the good option to sell it off.

Meanwhile,I did 10,000 Kms in 1.5 years of its purchase.

Thread Starter #58
Aprilia has run more than 11500 Kms and now I'm using it again as my daily ride with running of around 30 Kms a day.Recently,I got him serviced and replaced left brake lever along with left RVM and normal service,which costed me Rs.1438 along with replacement of RVM and brake lever and I got new rear number plate along with frame as I lost the previous one for Rs.550(350 for plate and 200 for frame) and few days,my SR refused to start through self and even horn was also not working along with lights.So,I felt that battery was showing its sign of wear but when I got checked the battery through local battery shop,he said that battery is fine but fuse had blown out and he suggested me to replace the fuse 10A,which I did replace it yesterday.

In 100 days,I did only slight more than 1500 Kms.It shows that I'm neglecting the two wheeler so much but again using it as my daily ride.

And,I met with an accident in which I was almost killed but survived with minor injury and meanwhile,LHS brake lever got broken and the LHS mirror got bent and the body got scratched a bit.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
And,I met with an accident in which I was almost killed but survived with minor injury.
I trust you wore helmet and were not riding beyond speed limit! Be really careful and do keep in mind that fellow motorists can be at fault too so maintain your safety and be alert on road always.

Regards
Akash

Top Bottom