Black Venom: My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review

Re: Darth Vader: My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review

I love SR150 the way it handles in traffic and highways.
I am little unsatisfied with 2 simple issues which I have posted to Aprilia INDIA team, but still no answer from them,
- headlight is too poor for night driving [the complete reflector could be used instead of dual bulb and replacement of halogen to LED]
- the stiff suspension could be more smooth for daily commute [practically 95% or more SR150 will be driven on INDIA roads and not on race track]. SR150 Race version can have stiffer suspension.

bhvm

Honoured Member

headlights can be solved In many ways. it's easy.

about stiff ride, check tyre pressures once..there are different pressures for single & pillion. other than that you can't do much.

Thread Starter #18

Does that aprilia helmet fit in the boot ? What is the size of the helmet?
I love SR150 the way it handles in traffic and highways.
I am little unsatisfied with 2 simple issues which I have posted to Aprilia INDIA team, but still no answer from them,
- headlight is too poor for night driving [the complete reflector could be used instead of dual bulb and replacement of halogen to LED]
- the stiff suspension could be more smooth for daily commute [practically 95% or more SR150 will be driven on INDIA roads and not on race track]. SR150 Race version can have stiffer suspension.
headlights can be solved In many ways. it's easy.

about stiff ride, check tyre pressures once..there are different pressures for single & pillion. other than that you can't do much.
Sid-Yes,it does.I donno the exactly the size of the helmet.
Amit-Yes,I agree with you with the first point.I don't like the headlight throw but have to live with it as I don't do much night drives.Regarding stiff suspension,you need to check the PSI of the tyres.
bhvm-Thinking to change the headlight bulbs soon and I find the horn of the Aprilia is poor.Its like meek meek and even my Access has better horn than this even after 6.5 years of usage.

BTW,my Darth has run 485 Kms in 16 days and using this a lot as my daily ride.Tomorrow,I would give him for first free service,which costs me Rs.432 as per my service center.Have some works with my Aprilia like getting number plates along with first service.

Thread Starter #19
First service and identity!

Got my Darth Vader serviced today at Radar Motors,from where I bought my vehicle.I went to showroom at 3pm and I was out by around 4:30pm.The odo during service was 489 Kms and rode 25 Kms after service and he is smoother than ever.

Oil change costed me ₹280 and the oil used was Castrol 20-40W,which is recommended mainly for Vespa and Aprilia and consumables of ₹150 and total bill I got was ₹432 and I got the number plates for Aprilia.

Latest pics of Darth Vader with his identity and on ramp during his service:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
1 month and 700+ Kms with Darth!

Completed 1 month with my Darth today.I'am loving him more and more and I feel relaxed after riding.And,the odo after the completion of 1 month is 700+ Kms(707 Kms) as of today.

+ves:

+Bike feel-It gives more bike feel than a scooter feel
+Performance-It easily goes at the speed of 60 Kmph without any hassles
+Looks in Black-Thats the reason I bought this over Race version
+Brakes-Way better than our Access,which we have at home
+VFM-I feel this is one of the VFM's over Activa/Access,which costs Rs.75-83k in our city and Aprilia costs almost same price
+Bigger tyres

-ves:

-Headlights are poor-Need to change those to LED's soon
-Water is entering into the odometer sometimes whenever rains outside-Need to check on this issue and the water inside the odo gets dried up after sometime
-Uncomfortable for 2 people-I couldn't even sit when my mom sits on the pillion
-FE-As of now getting around 34-36 Kmpl and previous one I got 40.6 Kmpl too

Thats all folks.I'm happy with my Darth Vader and only thing which is worrying me is water entering into odo,which I guess,I should go to the service center for fixing this issue.

Thread Starter #21
1000 Kms done!

Completed 1000 Kms with my Darth yesterday and the odo reading as of today is 1004 Kms.Rode on the speed of 60 Kmph after a long time and I feel like going on a bike more than a scooter.

Last refill got me 35.4 Kmpl,which I felt way better than the previous ones,which I got around 33-34 Kmpl.Its been 25 days and more than 500 Kms since I got my Darth serviced.

Thread Starter #22
Minor Accident and Aprilia is safe!

Completed 1000 Kms with my Darth yesterday and the odo reading as of today is 1004 Kms.Rode on the speed of 60 Kmph after a long time and I feel like going on a bike more than a scooter.

Last refill got me 35.4 Kmpl,which I felt way better than the previous ones,which I got around 33-34 Kmpl.Its been 25 days and more than 500 Kms since I got my Darth serviced.
And,forgot to mention that my Aprilia had met with minor accident on the day I had completed 1 month of ownership with Aprilia.When I was speeding and the bus was ahead of me,I had applied sudden brakes and a Scooty Pep+ hit my Aprilia and the person on the Scooty had fell down.But,nothing happened to my Aprilia luckily and I didn't fell from the vehicle but what was hurting was number plate was broken into pieces and lower mudguard had been broken.So,immediately I went to Aprilia service center and got his mudguard changed to new one,which costed me Rs.532.

Thread Starter #23
2 months and 1300 Kms done!

Odo update-Completed more than 1300 Kms and completed 2 months with my Darth and usage is less as I've stopped going to college due to personal reasons and was kept in covered parking as I went on a trip to Tirupati.But, still I'm crunching miles with Darth and I love him to the core.A week ago,I had went on a midnight ride with my Darth along with my friend as a pillion and when I was not in a mood to ride the vehicle,my friend took over it and I became the pillion rider and I enjoyed a lot as he did speeds at around 80 Kmph and I was bit scared but enjoyed.

Sad,I could have waited for 2 months for new version SR150,which got new digital meter,USB charger as standard(for my version,its an accessory and costs Rs.1000 for that)and bluetooth connectivity and I was thinking to exchange my 2 month old Darth to new one but don't want to lose money by selling a 2 month old asset.

Now,the only upgrade I'm thinking to get is LED lights.

Happy Miles Swift.

You've made the right choice. I keep woogling at many Aprilia's passing over me like breeze. Yes, it has a bikey feel rather a scooter. A bikey feel with automatic transmission is a boon to ride in the city, that too with a 150cc engine. Let me know the power and torque numbers of the engine.

Only con I see is the mileage, which is obvious for a 150cc auto-transmission belt driven scooter. I have come across multiple Activa 125cc users claiming a low mileage of around 35-38 kmpl on a 125 cc scooterette.

Yours is 150 and you've touched 40+ kpl, wihch is great.

Wear Helmet. Ride Safe. Keep updating your ownership here.

Regards
Kumar

I'm also tempted to buy this SR150. All the pros and cons mentioned I've also observed during my test ride of SR 150. The concept of powerful scooter is welcoming. We own a pleasure at home which is just one another scooter.
I'm getting an irresistible offer for Rs. 60K on March 18 registered SR 150 (odo at 1300kms only). The vehicle is at pristine condition too. Should I buy or not is the million dollar question in my mind now.

BTW heard Aprilia offers adjustable suspension for those who feel the ride is stiff. Any idea on this man?

Thread Starter #26

I'm also tempted to buy this SR150. All the pros and cons mentioned I've also observed during my test ride of SR 150. The concept of powerful scooter is welcoming. We own a pleasure at home which is just one another scooter.
I'm getting an irresistible offer for Rs. 60K on March 18 registered SR 150 (odo at 1300kms only). The vehicle is at pristine condition too. Should I buy or not is the million dollar question in my mind now.

BTW heard Aprilia offers adjustable suspension for those who feel the ride is stiff. Any idea on this man?
Happy Miles Swift.

You've made the right choice. I keep woogling at many Aprilia's passing over me like breeze. Yes, it has a bikey feel rather a scooter. A bikey feel with automatic transmission is a boon to ride in the city, that too with a 150cc engine. Let me know the power and torque numbers of the engine.

Only con I see is the mileage, which is obvious for a 150cc auto-transmission belt driven scooter. I have come across multiple Activa 125cc users claiming a low mileage of around 35-38 kmpl on a 125 cc scooterette.

Yours is 150 and you've touched 40+ kpl, wihch is great.

Wear Helmet. Ride Safe. Keep updating your ownership here.

Regards
Kumar
Prasad-Don't go for used Aprilia as the new updated version has been launched with digital meter,bluetooth connectivity and USB charger as standard though mine is accessory.

Kumar-Thanks.Its indeed a bike more than a scooter.Regarding mileage,even I get same mileage on Access,which we have at home and my Aprilia gave me 38.5 Kmpl on last fill.

Now,the odo of Aprilia is 1570 Kms in 2 months 10 days and not doing much running as I had stopped going to college due to personal reasons.In coming days,my running might get increased as I'll be doing 30-40 Kms per day within city traffic.

Last edited:

Actually I'm not a big fan of digital meter or bluetooth connectivity (have one in my car too but seldom use it).
What I currently need is a scooter cum motorcycle for occasional usage at home for errands and also those crazy rides to satiate biking desires. Why not powerful scooter at hand was my thinking! No different opinion anywhere in the web on the powerful scooter tag!
All I may have to upgrade is newer suspension setup. Tad soft is good for Indian roads. Also why to invest close to 90000 OTR price for a new one. The bike I'm referring is in pristine condition though.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #28
Updates and close to 2000 Kms!

Updates:

Nearing to 2000 Kms as the odo reading as of today is 1964 Kms and my daily run has been increased as I'm doing close to 40 Kms per day.Last week's odo was nearly 1700 Kms and I have run more than 250 Kms in a week.Will be completing 2000 Kms by tomorrow and I got an FE of 39.16 Kmpl last week,which is the second highest I have got after 40.6 Kmpl,which I got it before first service.Otherwise,I always get an FE of around 35-38 Kmpl on an average.In another 500-600 Kms or maybe in another 2 weeks,I would give my SR150 for 2nd service,which is paid.

And,I'll be completing 3 months of ownership with my Darth Vader on 21st of this month.

Thread Starter #29
3 months and 2000 Kms!

Completed 3 months of ownership with my Darth Vader and on the same day of completing 3 months,I completed 2000 Kms on the odo.Now,the odo reading is 2058 Kms and I got an FE of 41.02 Kmpl,which is the best ever I got and filled 0.78 L of Petrol(HP Power)which costed me Rs.70 and cost per litre of HP Power is Rs.90 and ran 32 Kms on that fuel.

Last week was not used much as I went to village for Dussehra vacation and my SR150 was parked inside my house.Maybe in another few days,I'll give him for second service,which is due soon as I've done a shade above 2000 Kms in 3 months.

Thread Starter #30
RC received and 35 Kms of riding within city traffic!

Updates:

Got the RC of my Darth Vader today morning after nearly 2.5 months of wait and did 35 Kms today on my SR within city traffic.Odo reading as of today is 2092 Kms and will be completing 2100 Kms tomorrow.Still 400-450 Kms to go for second service or might give him for service before completing 3000 Kms.But another 900 Kms might take another 1.5 months hence will be giving him at around 2500-2600 Kms and this might take another 2 weeks to complete it.Maybe after Diwali,my Darth(SR150)might go for second service.

BTW,thinking to get my Darth stickered as I want to give him a new look.Any suggestions please regarding this?I'm fond of stickering but it should be simple and not too flashy and thinking to get new SR150 Carbon stickers for my SR by removing present ones to look like latest version.Still waiting for prices and stock of Carbon stickers from my A.S.S so that I'll decide whether I should get it done or not and get USB charger installed in underseat storage.

Top Bottom