Black Venom: My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

I'm posting an ownership review after a long time.And,yes,I bought my first ever two wheeler under my name and that is Aprilia SR150.

Background:

I had started riding scooters when I was in 10th class and learnt driving on my maternal grandfather's 2012 Access 125,which is also with us now and ran just 18500 Kms in 6.5 years and I don't even know how to ride a geared bike till now.I had to use the Access by force due to personal reasons and I had thinked,why not having an own two wheeler for myself?Yes,this was in my mind since I had completed 18 years of age and since I had started pursuing degree.But,destiny had other plans and had to postpone buying a two wheeler.But,last year,when I was about to buy an Activa 4G or Aprilia SR150,my parents had got me the Access 125 of my grandfather's and had to ride it forcefully and I hate Access 125 to the core coz of poor brakes and suspension.But,I did around 8000 Kms in 10 months on Access until I buy myself a new one.After owning 2 cars at home,I felt that a 2 wheeler is a must at home as I feel lazy in getting groceries by walk and I used to go to college by cab until last year before getting Access.Access served my needs but,after few days of using it,I felt that this vehicle is too old for me to use it for daily rides to college.Hence,I had started searching myself a scooter since 2016.

Selection process:

1.Vespa-This is my favourite scooter when it comes to looks.I had ridden my friend's first lot of Vespa many times along with dealer TD vehicles and I loved it.But,had to struck it off as the Vespa is expensive at Rs.1L and only standard version was coming in my budget.

2.Dio-My another favourite one.I booked one last year by transferring Activa booking to Dio.But,destiny had other plans and had to drop this one and felt too old but matte grey is favourite in Dio.

3.Activa-Every second or third person has an Activa.Many of my relatives and friends own the same vehicle.Even our servant,who works at our native,owns an Activa 5G.But,considered this one as this is one of the trusted vehicles.It was there till final consideration until I had TD'ed Aprilia SR150.

Now,coming to Aprilia SR150,

I had ridden this when it was launched.First,I used to hate its looks but the looks has grown on me afterwards.I had taken several TD's of SR150 and felt this is the vehicle which I wanted and made for me:biggrin:After TD'ing the SR150,I had decided to book it but destiny had other plans and booked Activa 4G and then transferred to Dio.That was happened an year ago.And,after an year,I had earned around Rs.6k and had decided to book a vehicle for myself.Finally,on June 18th,I had booked my Aprilia SR150 by paying Rs.5k to the dealer and had to take delivery of the vehicle after one month of booking although the vehicle readily available.Finally,after 2 years of convincing my parents to buy one for me,today I had bought my first ever two wheeler.

And,decided that Aprilia SR150 will be my new love.

Booking and dealer experience:

I had booked it at Radar Motors,Uppal,which is near to my home.This dealer has another two dealerships in Hyderabad.And,I had decided to go to Uppal dealer as this is near to my place.Booking experience was good and my manager was Nikesh,who was friendly and polite.He used to call me frequently after I booked the vehicle and I used to say there is a financial delay,I'll buy it very soon and he happily agreed on it.Today i.e 21/07/18 finally it was the day that I bought my vehicle and called my manager in the evening that I'm gonna take my vehicle today in Black colour.He said Black is not available and he had to procure it from another dealer.And,finally,at 5:45pm,I and my dad went to the dealership and completed all my formalities and paid full cash rather than buying on EMI.Since my desired colour was not available,my manager,who dealt with me,had sourced black one from another dealer.This made us wait for nearly 1.5 hrs and told my dad to go home and called my cousin,who is also an auto enthusiast.Then,after few mins,my manager had arrived with my vehicle with 3 Kms on odo.Then,washing and fitting of accessories like side stand and floor mat took sometime i.e around half an hr of arrival of vehicle and Nikesh got my vehicle washed before fitting those accessories and got the side stand and floor mat installed and the vehicle was all set for delivery.Again,I observed few water marks on it and immediately called that guy and made him clean the vehicle.Finally,my dream came true and took delivery of my vehicle along with pictures taken by dealer guy and my cousin,who has an iPhone 7 Plus.After taking the vehicle,I went to the petrol bunk and filled Rs.300 of fuel,which contains 3.7L of Petrol and odo at the time of filling petrol was 4 Kms and now I did 14 Kms after filling the fuel.As soon as I fill the Petrol in the vehicle,I had headed to nearby Hanuman temple along with my cousin coming in his Celerio driven by himself and the vehicle got all the blessings and headed to home directly after my dad had pestered me to get food for him.So,it was the chance to test my vehicle and did it successfully.After getting food for dad,I had parked my Aprilia behind our Honda City.

And,the OTR of my Aprilia is close to Rs.84000 along with side stand and floormat and I had purchased helmet from dealer for Rs.3000.

So,ladies and gentlemen,presenting you my "Night Fury” a.k.a Aprilia SR150.

Pics will follow soon.

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Re: Darth Vader-My 2018 Aprilia SR150

No food is complete without salad. Similarly No ownership review is complete with out pictures.
Come on man, Post something from pictures of your ride.

Thread Starter #4

So here are the pics of my Darth Vader.BTW,the odo as of now is 42 Kms and enjoying every bit and today had morning rides to prove the capabilities of the vehicle.

Tomorrow,I’ll be getting TR for my vehicle.

Attachments

Thread Starter #5

Another set of pics.Will post another one soon.

Mods:Please delete the last pic as I had uploaded the same two times.

Attachments

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Darth Vader: My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review

congrats on the beast.
are the brakes & handling of this beast much better than Activa?

Thread Starter #8
Re: Darth Vader: My 2018 Aprilia SR150 Ownership Review

Thanks everyone for the wishes.

bhvm-Yes the brakes are better than Activa and Access.

And,I did 75 Kms within city traffic today and the odo as of today is 145 Kms.Yes,I did 145 Kms in 2 days coz I love riding and it’s my stress buster whenever I get bored.And,I filled ₹375 of petrol which contains 4.6 L and the odo at the time of refill was 70 Kms.Will post the FE figures soon.I hope I would get around 32-35 Kmpl of FE as it is a 150cc engine and it will improve after 1st service I guess.

Will post my initial impressions soon.

Thread Starter #9
Initial impressions of Darth Vader!

Here are the initial impressions of my Aprilia SR150 after 2 days and 145 Kms on the odo within city:

1.Looks-Its surely a head turner on roads.Many people started asking me about its price,availability and FE since day 1
2.Performance-Pickup is excellent and I touched around 40-60 Kmph of speed and will test high speeds after 1st service
3.Bigger tyres added the advantage on speed breaker roads
4.FE-Its too early to post but FE is not a concern for me at all as it is a pure racing scooter
5.Brakes are far better than Activa and Access,which is also with us
6.After riding my Aprilia for 2 days,I found our Access too small to ride in front of Aprilia
7.Aprilia's seating position is tall and felt like a bike unlike another scooters like Activa and Access
8.I find headlights are not good-It definitely needs a change and I would be upgrading to LED lights and thinking to add headlight switch as I found AHO is irritating.Will add headlight switch after its registration if my dealer accepts to install it.
9.Even after riding 75 Kms today,I should say that I'm in love with my Aprilia
10.That exhaust-Many may hate the exhaust sound,but I like it.This is my personal opinion
11.Price-Rs.84000 for a 150cc scooter.People are thinking that it is way expensive at Rs.84000.Then I gave them shock by saying that even an Activa 125(w/disc brakes and alloys)costs Rs.83000.My sis-in-law had purchased new version of Activa 125(w/disc brakes and alloys) in matte silver last tuesday for Rs.83000 and later got reduced to Rs.80400 due to known contact.She had taken the vehicle by paying Rs.30000 cash and Rs.50000 as loan.BTW,she purchased the Activa in Warangal(150 Kms from Hyderabad) and an Activa 5G costs close to Rs.75000 OTR in Hyderabad that too with digital meter.But,still,people prefer to buy Activa only.Even an Access 125 also costs same here

Now,thinking to get extended warranty for my Darth Vader as I don't want to face any problems after the end of warranty period and with service people and add footrest as my mom will also be sitting on the pillion sometimes.Later,after first service and permanent registration,I'll get the headlight bulbs changed to LED's or normal white lights as I found the bulbs are not good.And,I got nitrogen filled into Darth Vader's tyres today.

BTW,my cousins and friends rode the vehicle and came out with a grin:biggrin:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
1 week and FE update!

FE update:

Got 34 Kmpl after doing 156 Kms.I feel that the FE I got is average to good as its a 150cc scooter and anyways,I don’t give importance to mileage when it comes to this vehicle but sometimes I ride my vehicle slowly to get more FE.

And,meanwhile my Darth has completed 1 week with me and the odo I did till now is 230 Kms.Will give him for first service in another 10-15 days before my birthday and in the meantime,I would do around 200-250 Kms before I give him for first service.Now,I would be getting my Darth registered in few days and I’ve received my vehicle registration papers from dealer two days ago after a week I purchased my vehicle.Now,he is ready to go for registration but I’m waiting for another series of registration.

Thread Starter #13
11 days with beast and FE calculation!

Hi,
Congratulations on your new Aprilia SR150. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Congratulations on the Aprilla. For the headlamp upgrade the projectors from the KTM RC 200/390 are a direct fit.
Thank you brothers.And yes,Peter sir,I’m not even interested to go for projectors and I want only bulb upgrade.

Btw,my Darth Vader has run 341 Kms in 11 days of usage.Had got an FE of 40.6 Kmpl on Darth,which is the best FE I’ve ever got even before giving him for first service.

FE calculation-had filled the fuel when the odo was 226 Kms and I filled 2.78L of Petrol and did 113 Kms on this tank and the petrol rate as on Sunday was ₹80.74.Ran on this petrol till the fuel got end just to check the FE of Aprilia.But,succeeded finally in getting 40+ Kmpl of FE even after doing 60-80 Kmph of speed and my driving was on city traffic most of the time.

Here are the pics of Darth Vader,which I took today:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
2 weeks and 450+ Kms and registered!

Completed 2 weeks with him and did 450+ Kms as of today.BTW,I got my Aprilia registered today and had to visit to RTA office,which is 9 Kms away from my home.By this week,I would give my Aprilia for his first free service.

And,number I got is 9070!

Top Bottom