Bitten By 4x4 Bug. Now I Want One

A thought crossed me last night (Yes these days I dream about my Tours & Off-roading only) That I should also look for Scorpio 4x4. Seems to have an Advantages too-
1. Shorter overhangs giving better Approach & Departure Angles.
2. Slightly lighter than Safari giving Better BHP/Ton Ratio. Is that correct?
3. Eaton MLD is available for rear axle, costs 35k.
4. Mhawk engine is said to be better than Safari's older Dicor 2.2.
Downsides-
1. Suspension. I may go for a Lift kit & upgrades so that can be fixed. Budget is key.
2. Lack of LSD, can be compensated by MLD
3. Lack of space and Seat comfort
4. Is Scorpio plagued by same niggles as XUV?
Ata boy, bhvm, way to go! I was wondering when - if at all! - you would think of the Scorpio 4X4. Since I am a Scorpio owner for the past 12 years & have loved every moment of it, it is only natural that I should be biased. But I can say that mine has been a niggle-free experience, period! The only breakdown - well, incipient breakdown really, since it was detected in time - was the renewal of the T/C core recently.

The point is that if it is a matter of technical issues I can venture an opinion, which maybe as well/ill informed as my data base will allow![:)]. But if it is mostly a matter of personal likes and dislikes then I feel that one should live & let live, so to speak. And coming to the Scorpio I think the record speaks for itself - the Scorpio, over the years, has acquitted itself well in most forms of rallying that it has participated in. Not RFC, mind you - (which I feel is for the deeply demented & deeply-pocketed! No offence intended, once again) - but most other forms of rallying. It is not a week-end boy-racer's toy either & has set no quarter-mile records. But if you are looking for a long-hauler which is hugely abuse-friendly (not a prima-donna, like so many of the others), then yes, my choice is very definitely the Scorpio.

Thread Starter #47

bhvm

Honoured Member
Guys what would be a decent checklist as I am thinking to visit and check a few 4x4s on offer.
How does one check proper functioning of 4x4 unit and its related electricals? What about overall car?
Any other tips for making the deal?

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
bhvm,please go through anshumans videos on you tube,before going ahead with any of your decision.
NG scorpio is nowhere as good offroad as the older one.

Thread Starter #49

bhvm

Honoured Member
bhvm,please go through anshumans videos on you tube,before going ahead with any of your decision.
NG scorpio is nowhere as good offroad as the older one.
Hello Mayank!
Have seen ALL Anshuman Bishnoi Videos new and old.[clap]. Have been following him avidly since 2 years.
The conclusion is correct that both- Safari Storme and Scorpio refresh are not as good for offroading compared to earlier gen. Nor do they fit my budget.
Storme has absolutely shitty Departure angle. Broke rear bumper twice in the vids. Newer Scorpio is bouncy enough to lift all 4 wheels in air!

So actively looking for Safari dicor 2.2 (Models 2010~2011~2012).
Have talked to many folks on OLX. They often turned out to be 4x2. So search is still on.[frustration]

P.S- also seen whole discographies from-
Sir Andrew Perrie white (4x overland, And his older series too when he was very young)
Mad Matt (Stay safe on the trails!)
Ronny Dahl (4wheeling austrailia)

So anyone who is interested in learning 4-wheeling ground up, These are the absolute gods to learn from.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So actively looking for Safari dicor 2.2 (Models 2010~2011~2012).
Have talked to many folks on OLX. They often turned out to be 4x2. So search is still on.
Are you really serious on the dicor for off-road purpose ?

Thread Starter #52

bhvm

Honoured Member
Not serious off road/ Competition purpose sir.
Simpler Overlanding, Hill stations, Trails and "Making my own road" type things.

Thread Starter #54

bhvm

Honoured Member
Perception of People & family alike. Other issue is Rare availability. Its hard to find safari 4x4, don't see any chance of decent Xenon 4x4.

It looks like commercial Pickup.

Thread Starter #59

bhvm

Honoured Member
I talked to the owner of 4x4 safari.
The vehicle is MH 02.
Hardly any mods except large alloys with AT tyres. There are 2 DVD screens. Roof AC is present. Music system works. Reverse camera needs some repair.

The offer is 4.38L.
How is it?

One small red flag I saw that vehicle is still in name of 1st owner. Please guide about that.

One small red flag I saw that vehicle is still in name of 1st owner. Please guide about that.
I guess its more of a red flag to the first owner. Because in the any unfortunate event since that persons name is on RC book, he would be the first one to be booked by police.

But if you can convince existing owner and get (whatver number) form signed probably that can be done. talk to some RTO agent they will surely be able todo it. directly to your name. So in records you will be the 2nd owner of the car then ;)

Car looks tobe in great condition. 60K is not much of driving. OT : Seems that person is like me. I have driven 40K in 4 years :(

Last edited:

Top Bottom