Bikes Tyre Discussion

Hmmm you should have gone in for the stock tyres itself to avoid all this confusion!!

I have MRF Zappers stock factory fitted tyres in my P150cc!! Its almost 3 years now , 20k kms clocked still the tyres are in good condition!! I would have recommended you only the Zappers!! They are really good while cornering and straight line braking is also very good , never have they skidded or put me down!! Infact i have never fallen from my P150cc baby , thanks to the Zappers!![:D]

Am also against upgrading to fatter tyres , staying with the stock ones is good for bikes!!

Which company are the stock tyres?? I bet you would have been satisfied with the Zappers , VFM!! You come to Chennai often , you could have bought tyres here atleast na??

Thread Starter #21
stock is tvs tyre.

Everything in my bike is tvs make except the carb
tyres -tvs sri chakra
bearing-tvs bearing
bulbs-tvs
faring/reflector/indicator-lucas tvs
cables-tvs cables
engine-tvs hehe

Now i am very much happy with the zappers at rear

For tyres i should have waited , the wobbling for so long year made me mad and i spend the money here. The cost difference is not that much though.

ilango[speed thirst];27236 said:
stock tvs tyre was slippery and was not even.
so i need a change. just went to upsize for good stability.
TVS tyres are no where at performance. Even all their TVS race machines use MRF

And never fiddle with the dynamics of the bike(Ride height and related mods). Its the most important aspect and unless and until you know exactly what youre doing,you are likely to mess up the entire geometry. Even a slight setting change of the rear suspension may prove to hamper the bike's handling.

Last edited:
Hey Ilango the old one is also looking in good condition only , why you changed it so soon?? I guess it would have done a few thousand kms more!!

I earlier owned Pulsar150 (with stock mag wheels), which comes with MRF Zappers. i suppose had clocked 35k kms when I sold 8months back and the owner currenty has clocked over 40k kms total(I sold in my area) and the tyre thread is in good condition[surprise]..I think it mainly depends on the driving conditions and roads [:)]
Now I own Pulsar180 UG4 for past 7months and it also has MRF Zappers but wider once(which comes in Pulsar220)...and I must say that I am more confident about cornering,speeding,breaking on those tyres by both look wise and experience wise

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, have a problem.

I have Bajaj XCD 135, 15 months old, 8.3K clicks on the odo. Running on stock tyres ( Euro grip company ). Whenever I ride above 55kmph, I feel my rear wheel swing ( I just don't know how to explain, I will try my best).This does not happen every time, is occasional. I feel as if the rear wheel just skids to the right, have lost control on one or two occasion but haven't fallen down. This problem persisted right from the beginning, but I ignored it as I thought my mind was playing games. I mentioned this to the S.A during 4th service, he suspected wheel alignment issue. Even after wheel alignment the problem persists.

Worst part is I have experienced this even in moderate speeds (around 30-40kmph). I just can't figure out what is the problem. I have lost confidence on my bike and never cross 60kmph after these incidents.

Guys, have a problem.

I have Bajaj XCD 135, 15 months old, 8.3K clicks on the odo. Running on stock tyres ( Euro grip company ). Whenever I ride above 55kmph, I feel my rear wheel swing ( I just don't know how to explain, I will try my best).This does not happen every time, is occasional. I feel as if the rear wheel just skids to the right, have lost control on one or two occasion but haven't fallen down. This problem persisted right from the beginning, but I ignored it as I thought my mind was playing games. I mentioned this to the S.A during 4th service, he suspected wheel alignment issue. Even after wheel alignment the problem persists.

Worst part is I have experienced this even in moderate speeds (around 30-40kmph). I just can't figure out what is the problem. I have lost confidence on my bike and never cross 60kmph after these incidents.
check your tyre...are they proper and there should not be any bulges in it...hope this might help you...[thumbsup]

Top Bottom