Bike with Good Mileage and Affordable Maintenace?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Which is the good bike from below bikes for mileage and maintenance,

1) Pulsar 135cc
2) YAMAHA SS 125
3) Discover 135
4) Twister
5) Stunner

I am having height 5ft 6inch with average body? Which bike would be suitable for me to control? [confused]

I like YAMAHA SS 125. After reading all the reviews. [:)]

Your valuable comments are appreciated. Thanks

Re: Which is good bike among below bikes for mileage and maintenance?

Hi Friends,

Which is the good bike from below bikes for mileage and maintenance,

1) Pulsar 135cc
2) YAMAHA SS 125
3) Discover 135
4) Twister
5) Stunner

I am having height 5ft 6inch with average body? Which bike would be suitable for me to control? [confused]

I like YAMAHA SS 125. After reading all the reviews. [:)]

Your valuable comments are appreciated. Thanks
I would suggest better keep off from Bajaj as quality isn't great as that of other bike makers.

My take -

1. Yamaha SS & Honda Stunner,
2. Twister.

It is however, best to take a test ride & then decide.

Thread Starter #3
Hi,

I went to showroom of YAMAHA and HONDA, BAJAJ showroom here in Mumbai was closed on sunday.

We take test ride of YAMAHA SS 125 its good bike but mileage is not good. Its good for tall people and having bulky body. For average person like me i did not find it comfortable to handle. HONDA Shine 125 is good but problem with spare parts and service. Stunner and Twister are not good for pillion riders.

So i do have options BAJAJ Pulsar 135cc (which ppl says it can give 60+ avg.) and Discover 125cc (which gives 70+) in city.

Thread Starter #5
Hi,

Actually Passion and Splendor both are very good bikes, but look wise Discover and Pulsar are more attractive for young riders.

I am very much attracted towards Pulsar 135cc. As it is lightweight and easy to handle. There was some problem with Pulsar 135cc but now they are resolved and i heard they have released revised version of it. And my friends are having pulsar 150cc they says its nice but not have much idea about 135cc. Is there any owner of pulsar 135cc who like to share his experience.

^^ If you can wait for sometime. Testing pictures of A discover 125cc have been seen recently. Maybe that would give you more bang for your buck.

Thread Starter #7
Hi LoboPrashanth,

Can it possible to share pictures of new discover you are talking about ? or link ?

Is it sporty bike in look like pulsar ? if so then i can definetly wait...........

My younger brother own's the first batch of Pulsar135, he has used it for various long trips(including a Bangalore - jaipur) and has covered close to 40k on the odometer, all the bike has asked for from time to time is the regular service.
if your heart is forcing you for P135 then that's what you should buy,it's very cheap to maintain compared to the honda's.

Thread Starter #10
Hi Visran,

But i have heard there are some problem with P135,

Below are problems i read in x bhp forum about Pulsar 135,

Problem 1: My engine is shutting down randomly in the middle of a ride especially when slowing down from a high speed (the same way when the bike shuts down due to extuinguishing of the fuel)...with more than enough fuel in my tank. After that the bike refuses to start for the next 10 minutes. To continue riding i hav to switch my fuel knob to RESERVE for about 4-5 kms and then agin switch back to MAIN
This is something very serious as i hav already escaped death once just because of this issue. So need your help on fixing this problem big time.

Problem 2: tremendous fluctuation in mileage. I am a normal city rider and my average speed varies between 50 kmph to 75 kmph.
But the mileage is sometimes quite all right as i am getting around 43-45 kmpl. But sometimes out of nowhere its pulling down to 21-22 kmpl. (Lesser than a p220 i guess)

Problem 3: Too much of false gear shifts. the bike automatically shifts to NEUTRAL while on 2nd or 1st gear. and it is really a pain when this happens while taaking a U-turn with a pillion

Problem 4: Very low pick up and very low power delivery at random times. On single even Scooty Pep is leaving me behind and i cannot get more than 88-90 kmph as my top speed no matter how hard i rev the bike (Note: i have already topped 118Kmph on this bike earlier)

Problem 5: When leaving both the hands at fair speed the bike is seeming to drift towards the right side.

I really like P135 but many says it has fiber body which is not good on highway and it can slip ?

Last edited:
^^ What do you mean the bike can slip? That should be because of the tires. A good set of tires will rectify that. As far as the problems go, I feel they'll mostly be ironed out by now. The first two batches or so had a few niggles that is for sure.

Hi Visran,

Below are problems i read in above forum about Pulsar 135,

Problem 1: My engine is shutting down randomly in the middle of a ride especially when slowing down from a high speed (the same way when the bike shuts down due to extuinguishing of the fuel)...with more than enough fuel in my tank. After that the bike refuses to start for the next 10 minutes. To continue riding i hav to switch my fuel knob to RESERVE for about 4-5 kms and then agin switch back to MAIN
This is something very serious as i hav already escaped death once just because of this issue. So need your help on fixing this problem big time.

Problem 2: tremendous fluctuation in mileage. I am a normal city rider and my average speed varies between 50 kmph to 75 kmph.
But the mileage is sometimes quite all right as i am getting around 43-45 kmpl. But sometimes out of nowhere its pulling down to 21-22 kmpl. (Lesser than a p220 i guess)

Problem 3: Too much of false gear shifts. the bike automatically shifts to NEUTRAL while on 2nd or 1st gear. and it is really a pain when this happens while taaking a U-turn with a pillion

Problem 4: Very low pick up and very low power delivery at random times. On single even Scooty Pep is leaving me behind and i cannot get more than 88-90 kmph as my top speed no matter how hard i rev the bike (Note: i have already topped 118Kmph on this bike earlier)

Problem 5: When leaving both the hands at fair speed the bike is seeming to drift towards the right side.

I really like P135 but many says it has fiber body which is not good on highway and it can slip ?

Hi raj,

Thanks for bringing this to my notice, i showed this list to my bro who is the primary user of the bike,it seems that he has never encountered any of these problems.may be its a one off case or may be our bike is a one off case.[;)]

He wants to add regarding travelling on the highway, His bike would wobble due to crosswinds but over the time he has learnt to control the speed according to road conditions.
I really feel its a fantastic bike and its meant to be a sporty city commuter & not a tourer.after 40k kms of abuse the engine is still smooth and there are hardly any rattles.

If u guys are looking for 125-135CC bikes i would suggest to go for Honda stunner. Mileage and maintenance wise it is good. Or if u want to go for above 150CC range, I would suggest you to go for Apache rtr 160 bcos i'm using for past 4 years and driven nearly 85000kms. Still its giving a mileage of 65kmpl (on shell petrol) on the speed of 60kmph to 70kmph..[:)]

Thread Starter #14
After review and visiting showroom i have added two more bikes, so below are my choices,

1) Honda Dazzler 150cc (Got only one -ve point, no kick rest is excellent as per review) On road Price in Mumbai: 79K Dual color
2) CBZ Xtreme 150cc (Good, second number after Dazzler) On road Price in Mumbai: 81K Two disc
3) Pulsar 135cc On road Price in Mumbai: 67K

I added these two bikes because, as per review and after talking with owners of these 3 bikes i came to know that even Dazzler and Xtreme are 150cc they gives same mileage as P135cc and both bikes are sporty too.

Except visran and other 2-3 owners of P135cc, rest are saying don't go for P135cc, better go for any one of the above 2 bikes. Even they are 150cc, they are lighter and would easy to handle in city traffic and highway also. I am having average body with 58kg, confused whether these bikes are good for me or still P135cc ?

Last edited:
I guess it'll come down to your liking now.

Forget the P135cc I would say if you are going to be looking at the Dazzler and Xtreme.

I would personally go with the Dazzler. In my opinion, it has a much more mature look than the X-treme.
Although they share the same engine, the Dazzler is said to be more refined and scores better in terms of fuel consumption.

Even on the maintenance front it should not be too bad. Although when change of parts comes into the picture, parts might be more expensive.

Top Bottom