Bike or Scooty at Rs. 55,000?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
Please help me to suggest my first bike/scooty. My first confusion is what to buy a scooty or bike
Your Budget: ~Rs. 55000.
New or Used: New Bike or Scooter.
Your Location: Bhiwani, Haryana.
Top Five Priorities: Good Mileage, Decent Look, comfortable and low maintenance.
For What Purpose:
once or twice in a week commute to college.

This is going to be my first bike/scooty. My Height is 5.2 ft.. I will occasionally take bike to the college which is 30 km from my city. I need a decent bike with good mileage and decent look.
I have shortlisted
Honda CB Twister
Activa
Aviator
Yamaha Ray Z.

Re: Bike or Scooty at Rs. 55000

Bike would get you better mileage without any doubts with better driving comforts compared to gearless scooter, but its a unisex vehicle which has gained its popularity in our market.Gives you underseat storage as well.
If its only you who would be driving, buy a bike but if you are thinking of other family members too go for a gearless scooters.
You also have options to look for suzuki access/swish and tvs jupiter apart from the shortlisted ones.

Re: Bike or Scooty at Rs. 55000

@Shyogi:
Going by your height, going for any motorcycle except Bajaj Avenger isn't good.

Avenger is out of your budget so my recommendation will be Honda Activa 125 or Aviator. Buy a gearless scooter with telescopic forks in front suspension and you will enjoy the ownership.

Thread Starter #4
@Vijay & @TSIVipul thanks for your suggestions.
Eliminating bike from my list as my family members are insisting for scooter.
I like the look of Yamaha Ray Z.
@Vijay thanks for your suggestion but i didn't like the look of access that much compared to ray z.
I have again shortlisted following scooters:
Yamaha Ray Z (i prefer this)
Activa 125
Jupiter
Which one of the above will be comfortable to ride 30 km in one stretch? And what are the cons of Ray Z compared to the Activa 125 and Jupiter expect mileage.
And also hows the maestro compared to the above ones.
Thanks

TD the Jupiter, you will not regret it.
Ray Z has lesser power, lesser space than Activa 125 and Jupiter.

Maestro is a very good scooter, it has that bold look, higher torque than Activa 110, however, it doesnt have the metal body as other selective scooters have it (Jupiter, Wego, Activa, etc have metal body).
Hero gives 5 years warranty.

Buying a bike at the price you mentioned is not a wise decision, coz at this price you will have to compromise on various thing like ride quality, built quality, maintenance, aesthetic and list goes on.

Whereas if you think a Scooter at this price, you will get a good quality vehicle with most modern features.

TVS Jupiter
Suzuki SWISS/Access
Honda i-Activa/Activa
Mahindra Gusto
Hero Maestro
Yamaha Ray

All are good known scooter available in market.

Jupiter, Access & Activa are best amongst all. I would suggest you to buy a good mid range scooter instead of buying a low range motorbike.

My Choice : TVS Jupiter
Reason : Height Constraint, Most Modern features, 12" tyres, good suspension, ride quality, style, powerful headlamp.

Top Bottom