Bidding Adieu To Hummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
General Motors will shut down Hummer after its bid to sell the brand to heavy equipment maker Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machines Co. failed. The Chinese company was unable to get clearance from Chinese regulators within the proposed deal time frame. GM said it will continue to honor existing Hummer warranties and will now work closely with Hummer employees, dealers and suppliers to wind down the business in an orderly and responsible manner.
Source:Motorbeam

Oh no! The Hummer was the greatest SUV ever to roam the Earth! Don't shut it down GM! Someone save the monster! I just love Hummers. [cry]

Oh!! this is sad.

TATA where are you! Save this monster. Dont let it die.

Only you can do this :)
I am actually happy. I hope America goes the British way where all famous brand names are owned by Germans, Russians, Chinese & Indians. TATA has already got Land Rover. Mahindra can try for Hummer.

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
I was never really a die hard Hummer fan like others whom which I met but after seeing this huge monster in person recently, My thoughts have been changed. I too wish if it would have continued to sell and Yes, Mahindra could have acquired the brand, Any ways Hummer will be missed for ever.

Drive Safe,
350Z

its a shame. such an excellent vehicle buried in the soil... was the hummer ever available with a diesel engine?
Yes! The H2 you see here was only the baby Hummer based on the Chevy Tahoe. Then followed the even smaller embryonic H3..

The original HMMWV (my nick, meaning High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle) was the US army version which participated in the Gulf War. It used a 6.5L naturally aspirated V8 diesel engine which made 195bhp and 590Nm of torque and had a service life of 15 years! (yes!).

When Arnold Schwarzeneggar inquired into the availability of a civilian version, GM, with rights from AM General Corp. created the H1. With a 6.5L V8 indirect injection turbodiesel engine making 205bhp and 597Nm.

Later, GM introduced their 6.6L Duramax V8 diesel which made 300 bhp and 705Nm. This stayed until 2006 before being discontinued.

Presently, a company called Predator Customs is buying used H1 and H2 models from people willing to part with them, and fitting them with tuned versions of GM's Duramax 6.6L V8, or Cummins HDS 5.9L straight 6 versions, with upto 1000bhp and nearly 2000Nm of torque, fed to all four wheels by a reinforced Allison 5-speed A/T..

My God is still alive and breathing stronger than ever! :)

hummer! Rest in peace. we will miss u.
if mahindras or tatas buy hummer, it will be beneficial to our Indian army too. Now what will be the vehicles of US army

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom