Beware! Unethical Practices By Various Dealerships Across India

Re: Beware! Unethical Practice at Tata and Mahindra Dealerships

Good you were lucky [:)] btw ot - how is Scorpio going i didn't see your thread updated . Would lie to see the pics of your ice and seat covers.
nothing to update really.

all is fine. [:D]

next update maybe on the first service .[glasses]

Well guys,I too have done a lot of TDs on the owner's cars only and these include:-
Ford Endeavour,Mitsubishi Outlander,Mahindra Scorpio A/T,Toyota Camry,Tata Aria,Honda Civic,Hyundai Santa-Fe and many more.
And every time they had the same explanation "Sir,just enjoy the TD"..

Guys,

Do you realize how in car showrooms, every week they have a new car in a different colour & different variant kept for display inside the showroom?

These cars are already allotted to customers. While the registration & other processes take a week or so, they are kept as display cars. A day or two before the delivery, the cars are sent to the stockyard, given a wash & delivered.

Who knows? Hundreds of people might have sat in our cars before it came to us.

Thread Starter #20
See guys,its not only Tata and Mahindra,its with every company...
Vipul Honda dealer Honda in Mumbai dealer dosent allow ,he clearly told me jazz is not for test drive the one we have is for delivery and we can't offer that I valued that a lot .

But is there any way or trick so that we can see to it that our cars are not allowed for test drives or display purpose?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vipul Honda dealer Honda in Mumbai dealer dosent allow ,he clearly told me jazz is not for test drive the one we have is for delivery and we can't offer that I valued that a lot .
seen marutis do this too.

but i prefer dealing with those who do not offer such thing.

I know Tata showrooms do this. But Hyundai have their TD vehicles painted "Test Drive Vehicle".

I was given test drive of Hyundai i20 which was on wash bay, prepared to be delivered within 2 hours.

When i inquired about owners concern they laughed and said it doesn't matter.

I was offered a TD of Fiesta classic to be delivered in 6 hours!!

Similar experience with Etios & the Liva. This was with the same dealer but at different outlets. Now puneits know which dealer I am talking about (not many have two outlets within Pune).

I drove the Etios but declined Liva. Both were tried during fortnight of their launch.

The title is misleading. The unethical dealers are not limited to Tata and M&M dealers. They already have a lot of bad publicity to counter with. :)

The title is misleading. The unethical dealers are not limited to Tata and M&M dealers. They already have a lot of bad publicity to counter with. :)
+100
The tile must be something like "Unethical practices at dealerships".
Also we have a very long list of such practices which can be shared here,like this one..

OT:
Its okay that dealer many times give some owner's car for TD.But have anyone of you people ever TDed a brand new car of an owner itself?
I did it,how it happened?This way:
I and my friend went to Skoda Dealership/A.S.C for some work in my TSI.Suddenly I saw that there was a top end Rapid TDI being delivered to a customer with his family.I went to the car and started talking to the owner of why he selected Rapid,how was the TD experience etc etc.
so after sometime I had good interaction with the guy and helped him a bit during the delivery too.At last I dared to ask him "Sir,I haven't yet driven Rapid but have heard a lot about it,so can I get 4-5 kms of your car"?
He thought for sometime and said "Will you give me the TD of TSI"?
I said yes and drove his car to the temple...
This way I TDed my first rapid..

Last edited:

Guys,

Do you realize how in car showrooms, every week they have a new car in a different colour & different variant kept for display inside the showroom?

These cars are already allotted to customers. While the registration & other processes take a week or so, they are kept as display cars. A day or two before the delivery, the cars are sent to the stockyard, given a wash & delivered.

Who knows? Hundreds of people might have sat in our cars before it came to us.

yup even my Xylo was in dealership show car when delivery. But i know owner of showroom so he dares not mess with our cars. [clap] Mine was in the corner for a reason so no one would sit in it. All other show cars had to be taken out so mine would come out.

Thread Starter #29

Since I started this thread and now I see most of car dealers do this mods pls edit the tittle.

News from my part of the country, Dont know if this is being resorted to at other places. Its about the inter-cooler and turbo servicing/cleaning of the Maruti Diesels.

I came to know of this fraud after a friend, Who was charged at service for cleaning/servicing the inter-cooler and turbocharger at intervals of 5000Kms. His car is a Ritz VDi and has done 35000Kms on the odo. The A.S.S people had serviced and cleaned the inter-cooler and turbocharger at 30,000Kms and they again repeated the same thing at the 35,000Kms service.(I believe Maruti suggests a service interval of 10,000Kms for the Ritz VDi, Correct me if I'm wrong.) My friend got suspicious and he consulted me and a friend of his, who happens to be a service engineer at a Tata dealership. The guy at Tata said that there is no need to open up the inter-cooler or turbo charger at least till 50,000Kms of running or if the car is used in extreme dusty conditions. I too subscribe to that point of view and tell my friend to shoot a mail to Maruti. He did that and on the very next morning he got a call from Maruti and they inquired about the issue and assured they would look into it soon.

Within some 4 hours or so the A.S.S people called my friend and said they are sorry for what happened and it was some mistake. They said they wanted to see him in person and explain things and apologize for the inconvenience.

They came and met him at his office and said that they were supposed to do the particular job at every 10k and not 5k. My friend said that he doesn't believe that it should be done at every 10k as well. They apologize and gave him an offer that they would deduct the expenses borne by him(He was charged some 650-700Rs each time.) for servicing the inter-cooler and turbocharger at the next paid service and wont ever repeat the same mistake. My friend agrees and settle the issue.

I think recently these kind of practices are being resorted to by all dealerships and it is not a one off case. They charge people for things that needn't be done and most folks dont look at the service bill or see what all has been done and what they have been charged for.

Last edited:

Top Bottom