Beware! Unethical Practices By Various Dealerships Across India

Thread Starter #1
Since we are in a process of buying a car we went to couple of dealerships for a test drive with my family .
First stop was at tata they had a test drive vehicle for aria so we took the test drive that was nice same with the grande too but when it came to safari the SA said he will arrange tommorow .
The next day he called me I went to the showroom which is like 5 min away from home and I was shocked to see a brand new ex model safari with plastics on the seats and it had a temp reg board the odometer was disconnected so I sensed something wrong I asked is this a test vehicle the SA said yes of course I told him let me talk to your manager suddenly he said it is actually of a customer and the delivery is tommorow so since you wanted a test drive I thought I can arrange it infact the manager told him to do so . I was shocked I gave him a good lecture and refused to take the test drive and I left .

Now at mahindra dealership xuv was a test drive vehicle they had 3 of them but when it came to bolero and Scorpio same story repeated the SA in front of me asked his chief and the chief says the coutomer of Scorpio will come in evening so don't worry take that Scorpio and go about bolero the SA said don't worry anyway the bolero will be driven to Surat so no body will come to know if you have even driven in infact you will get a better feel of how the bolero feels since its brand new . I asked hin i want to see how rugged is bolero so i will take it on potholes he said no worries bolero s indeed very rugged you can try but just be easy .
I was so pissed off I said this is what will you do to my vehicle too if I book with you , this is not only disgusting but downright cheating and I just left from there without taking the test drive .

I was going to shoot emails to tata motors and m& m about the same then my dad said don't do it maybe that guys will lose their job you didn't drive those cars it's good forget it now.

Since I was very uncomfortable with the whole story. Decided to write here so all over members can be vigilant and carefully take proper precautions while booking so our cars are not used as test drives and handled badly .

Re: BEWARE unethical practice at dealership of m&m and tata.

Who are the dealers - name, location? so that one is concious of avoiding them if required.

Good that you dint take that test drive, atleast it will be a lesson for them. I wonder how many dealers do this?

Thread Starter #4

Who are the dealers - name, location? so that one is concious of avoiding them if required.
I wanted to name the dealers but I need the moderators to give the permission and more then that when I discussed this with my freinds they said everybody does this location is - Mumbai

I wanted to name the dealers but I need the moderators to give the permission and more then that when I discussed this with my freinds they said everybody does this location is - Mumbai
strange.
since when i had test driven a scorpio they had given us a test vehicle which had all the sensors not working.
incidentally the SA mentioned that the vehicle had an attempt of stealing but thieves could not get through the digital immobilser, hence the sensors failed on it.

also the xylos, XUV were all specifc test driven vehicles.

please do mention the dealership. and exact dealership.

Thread Starter #6

strange.
since when i had test driven a scorpio they had given us a test vehicle which had all the sensors not working.
incidentally the SA mentioned that the vehicle had an attempt of stealing but thieves could not get through the digital immobilser, hence the sensors failed on it.

also the xylos, XUV were all specifc test driven vehicles.

please do mention the dealership. and exact dealership.
Xuv, xylo yes they had test drive vehicles but Scorpio and bolero no they were not there they were offering me brand new vehicles which were ready for delivery.
similarly aria and grande were test drive vehicles (with test drive stickers on it and odometer working ) the safari was not .
Ok I will name the dealers .
1) g3 motors mahindra - new Bombay
2) wasan motors tata -chembur .

Re: Beware! Unethical Practice at Tata and Mahindra Dealerships

This is a normal practice across many dealers buddy. Only bigger well known dealers have test drive cars of all models and they are properly stickered.

Thread Starter #9

This is a normal practice across many dealers buddy. Only bigger well known dealers have test drive cars of all models and they are properly stickered.
But this is so wrong imagine i or anybody for that matter test driving a brand new vlx Scorpio god forbid something goes wrong it gets dashed or scratched . What is the fault of the guy who booked it with his hard earned money ? he gets his brand new vehicle repainted without his fault or knowledge .

What you are saying is true. All we can do is - never test drive such vehicles or buy any car from such dealers.

Wasan Motors is one of the biggest automobile dealers in the country.

They represent FORD, TOYOTA, TATA, FIAT, BAJAJ and MAHINDRA.

Thread Starter #12

Wasan Motors is one of the biggest automobile dealers in the country.

They represent FORD, TOYOTA, TATA, FIAT, BAJAJ and MAHINDRA.
You are right yet they offered me a brand new vehicle of somebody for a test drive .
I have 1 question does the car company provides the test drive car or it is the dealer who has 1 ? Wasan ford did have a stickered new fiesta for test drive aria , and grande was also there safari no .

It is the dealer's responsibility to buy test drive cars. The manufacturer does not provide any cars nor any financial aid.

That was also the reason i did not buy a vlx scorpio. [;)]
P.S mine is An SLE bought from G3 Kandivali. And they had atleast 3xuv,2 xylos and 1 scorpio as TD vehicles.

Thread Starter #15

That was also the reason i did not buy a vlx scorpio. [;)]
P.S mine is An SLE bought from G3 Kandivali. And they had atleast 3xuv,2 xylos and 1 scorpio as TD vehicles.
Good you were lucky [:)] btw ot - how is Scorpio going i didn't see your thread updated . Would lie to see the pics of your ice and seat covers.

Top Bottom