Best Way To Maintain the Car Colour?

Update: Visited 3M Car Care in Bangalore. They performed a demo on small area and the results were positive. The paint deposit can be removed [thumbsup] Total cost would be @ INR 2,500. Am planning to get it done after few days as the paint work in adjacent building to my car park is still going on.

Have to admit that these 3M people are thorough professionals and they know exactly what is to be done. Customer treatment is fantastic and they listen to the query very patiently. Definitely worth visiting 3M Car Care. One will not be disappointed [:)]

@Akash, Thanks a ton for the help. Got exactly what I was looking for

Update: Visited 3M Car Care in Bangalore. They performed a demo on small area and the results were positive. The paint deposit can be removed [thumbsup] Total cost would be @ INR 2,500. Am planning to get it done after few days as the paint work in adjacent building to my car park is still going on.

Have to admit that these 3M people are thorough professionals and they know exactly what is to be done. Customer treatment is fantastic and they listen to the query very patiently. Definitely worth visiting 3M Car Care. One will not be disappointed [:)]

Good to know that the paint spots are gone. BTW do have any before/after pics for comparison?

I use collin to clean the wind shields, windows and mirrors and results are excellent.

Is there any harm to the paint if we use collin to clean the car body? (Tested in refrigerator at home and it was good but dont know about car piant)

Did you visit the one in HSR layout?

Once in a week I wash my car with Formula 1 wash and wax (carbauna Wax)

Also appling Formula 1 carwax (carbauna) once in 2 months.

Dusting is done with a long cotton cloth everyday

Using collin spray for windshields and windows and mirrors once in a week.

Can somebody confirm about the use of collin for carbody cleaning. Is there any harm to paint?

350Z

Core Team
Can somebody confirm about the use of collin for carbody cleaning. Is there any harm to paint?
Colin is perfect for cleaning the windows, mirrors and interiors but it’s much recommended to use the car care products for cleaning the body instead of Colin.

Drive Safe,
350Z

zengetz

Suspended
Nice thread !

I have kept my car (Black) in pristine condition but of late seems like my Headlamps turning dull. any quick DIY ?

I noticed some dust inside the reflectors. Planning to take them out and wash it inside using distilled water.The exterior seems to be fading out.

This happened to me around 4 weeks ago. There are lots of FOBs comming up in Mumbai, and while passing below of the FOB liquid concrete fell over my car (it almost everywhere), this was around 8 in night. After reaching home somehow I was able to wipe ~80% of stuff and thought of removing the renaming next day as I wad dead tired. To my horror concrete was hardened and was impossible to be removed. Luckily my ride was planned for service (err not exactly planned but had to take it to TASS for water leakage issue which is not yet fixed though car has made 2 visits fianl one is scheduled in next 2-3 days ) next day. I told my problem to TASS service advisor and he assured that it could be removed by polishing by professional. Today there are no marks of concrete anywhere on the car, but my laziness costed me 1200 bucks. May be two buckets of water on the same night might have saved my 1200 bucks.

Did you visit the one in HSR layout?
Please share the address..[:)]
Sorry guys for the late reply. Somehow missed this thread!

@ Varun, here is the address of 3M Car care at Bangalore:

1) #5, 80 feet road, RMV 2nd stage, Ashwath Nagar, Bangalore 560094 Contact#9731077566

2) #991,992,5th corss,7th Sector, Next to State Bank of Hyd, HSR layout, Bangalore 560102, Contact # 9731077566

@mukesh, I visited the shop at RMV.

Your fast man ! Good that you started this thread.

Well in my opinion, use petrol to wash the body once in a month with a very light washing solution. For Regular washing use plain water, and light washing solution only if it is a must. Avoid polishing as far as possible. I am not pretty sure about waxing. If anyone has idea on 3M paint protection, please share.
is the petrol will not fade the color??

Top Bottom