Best Route From Kumbakonam To Rameshwaram

Thread Starter #1
Hi All Greetings,

I am planning for a drive during deepavali to rameshwaram from bangalore via kumbakonam, as I have a plan to visit relatives there. Please suggest me the best route from kumbakonam to rameshwaram and present road conditions.

Hi All Greetings,

I am planning for a drive during deepavali to rameshwaram from bangalore via kumbakonam, as I have a plan to visit relatives there. Please suggest me the best route from kumbakonam to rameshwaram and present road conditions.
Bangalore - Kumbakonam: Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Salem - Attur - Veppur - Virudhachalam - Jayamkondan - Kumbakonam. Good road conditions. No major worries. I haven't been on the Virudhacalam - Jayamkondan - Kumbakonam route. But I have been on the Sethiyathope - GKC - Kumbakonam. And I heard from people that this section (Jayamkondan route) was fine. You will be surprised by the road conditions between Veppur - Virudhachalam.

Kumbakonam - Rameshwaram: At any cost, avoid going to Thanjavur. This section between Kumbakonam & Thanjavur is a tedious/very very edgy to drive on. Road condition is good for the most part. Narrow roads & heavy bus / other traffic make this an unlikened route. I haven't tried the ECR in this part of the world. But knowing Chennai - Pondy - Chidhambaram - Karaikal, I would suggest so. Kumbakonam - Mannagudi - Adhirampatinam - and then ECR all the way. I haven't been on that route, so no idea on the road conditions / break options. But I know to avoid Kumbakonam - Thanjavur.

Hi All Greetings,

I am planning a visit to Rameshwaram from Kumbakonam. Could you suggest a route based on your last trip please? I would love to ride along side the coast but heard from friends that the road is a bit bad in that part of ECR.

Thread Starter #4
I am planning a visit to Rameshwaram from Kumbakonam. Could you suggest a route based on your last trip please? I would love to ride along side the coast but heard from friends that the road is a bit bad in that part of ECR.
The best route is Kumbakonam - Mannargudi - Adirampattinam - Thondi - Ramanathapuram - Rameshwaram. The ECR is in superb condition.

Adirampattinam - Rameshwaram : The road is in excellent condition with almost zero traffic.
Mannargudi - Adirampattinam : Good condition with medium traffic.
Mannargudi - Kumbakonam : The road is full bumpy with high traffic. This 36kms stretch is a bit pain and eats lot of time. But nothing to worry.

Overall very good roads except considering the Mannargudi to Kumbakonam Stretch.

Hi ,
I am planning for roadtrip from Kumbakonam to Rameshwaram,
Please suggest above route is still good or i shall go with alternatives

Adirampattinam - Rameshwaram :
Mannargudi - Adirampattinam :
Mannargudi - Kumbakonam :

Top Bottom