Best Replacement Alternatives For Your Old Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
The 2010 has been a momentous year for the entire automobile industry. Where some cars seen a new light of the day, the production others was totally put to a halt. One of them is our beloved Maruti Suzuki 800. It is the very same car that has served as a first four-wheel for many, the same car which is known to have put our nation on wheels. I am sure that a lot of you must be still having this car and its golden memories but unfortunately, with the chaotic schedule of cities and lack of parking space, not always it is easily possible to keep two or more cars under the same shade. So what if you’re fascinated with the dazzling new car launches, of late, and suddenly decide to replace your old Maruti 800? Let us help to ease out that confusion for you.

Be it your first car or second, one of the major reasons why Maruti 800 was always preferred amongst the public is for the cheap running, compact dimensions, proven reliability, and wide network of Maruti Suzuki. Hence, this article will point towards the car models available in India with above mentioned points as main criteria.

Tata Nano

2011-Tata-Nano-V2.jpg

Any eyebrow rises? No wonder, this new small car is ought to be a reasonable replacement for Maruti 800, especially if your commute is strictly restricted to cities only and it is a lot easy on the pocket too.

• Price: Rs.1,37,555 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi)
  • Engine: 624 CC
  • Fuel Efficiency: 23.6 Kpl
  • More Details: Click Here

Maruti Suzuki Alto

maruti-alto-k10.jpg

The real sibling of 800, Maruti Alto is termed as the new generation of Maruti 800. The price is slightly higher than of former model but then; it guarantees you far better fit ‘n finish and much more space and comfort.

• Price: Rs.2,37,147 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi)
  • Engine: 796 CC
  • Fuel Efficiency: 19.7 Kpl

Maruti Suzuki A-Star

a-star.jpeg

Globally, the A-Star is the new Alto. Although its looks are not to everyone’s taste but A-star makes a very tempting product at a reasonable premium over other competition.

• Price: Rs.3,58,738 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi)
  • Engine: 998 CC
  • Fuel Efficiency: 19.0 Kpl

Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo

estilo.jpg

Yet another Maruti in this list, Zen Estilo is one of the most suitable cars for women in our country at present. Not only because of the looks but also because of the design as well, which cannot be any perfect for city runs.

• Price: Rs.3,29,338 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi)
  • Engine: 998 CC
  • Fuel Efficiency: 18.2 Kpl

Maini Reva

maini-reva.jpeg

India’s first Electric Vehicle, Reva is compact two seat hatchback which comes along with dent resistant body. The only downside of Reva is the high price and seats only for two. New model is just around the corner, which is expected to change the fate of this car.

• Price: Rs.3,65,000 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi)
  • Engine: A/C Motor
  • Fuel Efficiency: 80 Kms on Full Charge

Chevrolet Spark

chevy-spark.jpg

A cute and spacious hatchback from Chevrolet, that too at a very affordable price. Look no further if you are eyeing for a complete family hatchback in restricted budget, though the After Sales Network like that of Maruti Suzuki may be missed.

• Price: Rs.3,23,000 (Ex.Showroom, Delhi)
  • Engine: 995 CC
  • Fuel Efficiency: 18.0 Kpl
These are a few options, assuming that you basically require a car which will be driven strictly in cities for commuting purposes only within a price of Rs.2 lakhs more or less. Of course, depending upon your budget flexibility, the doors to many other compact and easy to drive hatchbacks easily open up too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
Its the Alto that's the replacement, until the rumored spark 800 launches.

The Nano is the best replacement for the 800 (First car buyers). For those upgrading from an 800, the replacement would be the Spark, Beat or i10.

The Nano is the best replacement for the 800 (First car buyers). For those upgrading from an 800, the replacement would be the Spark, Beat or i10.
+1. For the first time car buyers, it is definitely the Nano. However those upgrading their 800, i find Alto, Spark as better options.

Good thread 350Z , i guess such thoughts have been going in your mind for sometime now![;)]

I don know whether the Nano is as reliable as 800! I would say Alto and Spark perfect replacements. With a slightly better budget one can also see i10 or Beat.

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Maini Reva costs Rs.3,65,000 .Is it worth buying and only 2 people can sit.
That's the primary reason for it not selling too well. New Maini Reva is on the cards soon, which should change its fortune. (Hopefully!).

Good thread 350Z , i guess such thoughts have been going in your mind for sometime now!
This thread suggests alternatives, and I'm looking for an upgrade. [;)]

Drive Safe,
350Z

800 plus points
small car ,
easy spares ,
low on maintananace.

Normal 800's minus
old looks
very low ac
low acceleration
rear seat not so comfort and almost nil leg room

So the next step must be

Wagon R /estilo
better engine , acceleration than the 800
same easy spares and low on maintance.
comfortable suspension
good rear legroom and space.

Compared to beat , spark , figo etc , the wagon R spares are cheaper and available easily and servicable in private garage.

If one could stretch a bit, then a Ritz might be an ideal option!

Inspite of the weird looks & shape, I somehow like the car. Gives me a feeling of big car.

Also, it comes @ lesser rate than the Swift.

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
ilango[speed thirst];67245 said:
800 plus points
small car ,
easy spares ,
low on maintananace.

Normal 800's minus
old looks
very low ac
low acceleration
rear seat not so comfort and almost nil leg room
I would also like to add the extremely low safety factor in the negatives and convenience to drive it around in the positives.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14

350Z

Core Team
Surprised that no one mentioned TATA Indica as a upgrade.First completely 'desi' made car of our country.
That is because this thread refers to alternatives and not upgrades. Indica Vista will be an upgrade but if we speak about Xeta, barely anybody would prefer opting a dated car like that when there are tons of other nice options available.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom