Best Price for Used Ford Figo Titanium?

Thats right, even i do not think someone will sell a car at less than 50% of its price that too in just a year or 14 months, but its possible if the seller needs immediate money for his own survival.
Getting a figo Tdci titanium for just 2L ?! Well thats just petrol car territory. As per the comments, so we can expect only 40% for a 1year ford diesel ? So, ford diesels have low resale eh... If you get this deal, the one who is selling this is a total looser.
Guys,

The price we are thinking of is not only about the age of vehicle but also look at the total runinng (30k), condition of tyres (worn out), Suspension system (need replacement).

certainly 40% value in just about in year is not acceptable BUT for that the car should be maintained well and should sound like a one year old.

Figo or any car for that matter does not need suspension replacement at just 30k odometer. If that is the cast that does mean that the car has been used like nuts!

Ok guys, some more updates.

This car doesn't have fogs also. The usage has been too much. However this is no accident car. I will make this deal maybe next month or max by june. Reason for selling, he is getting innova and verito both.

Lets see regarding the quote now. I will first put lesser quote and will see how much he is ready to come down. Apart from the suspension, tires which are worn out, any other things that I should lookout for figo diesel?
Good to no that the car has no accident history. That should translate to lesser Insurance premium as you will get upto 15-20% no claim bonus if continued with the same company. [;)]

Give me some time for research & I will come out with things to be checked for used Figo diesel, if I can.

Correction: The suspension system would cost 20k (total system replacement)
Buddy I didn't mention the cost of suspension as 30K. I said a new suspension being required in 30,000 kms is not real unless vehicle has been abused.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #19
Guys,

The price we are thinking of is not only about the age of vehicle but also look at the total runinng (30k), condition of tyres (worn out), Suspension system (need replacement).

certainly 40% value in just about in year is not acceptable BUT for that the car should be maintained well and should sound like a one year old.

Figo or any car for that matter does not need suspension replacement at just 30k odometer. If that is the cast that does mean that the car has been used like nuts!

Good to no that the car has no accident history. That should translate to lesser Insurance premium as you will get upto 15-20% no claim bonus if continued with the same company. [;)]

Give me some time for research & I will come out with things to be checked for used Figo diesel, if I can.
You have ample time for research. Lets do more research so that the quote that we have given is a practical one. Also apart from suspension, what more should I look upon carefully?

Thread Starter #21
No he won't. He is a good friend of mine. However at the same time, I want to see that he also gets correct monies out of the deal (read win win situation for both). Yesterday we booked innova for him, the lead time for same is two months max. Hence if everything goes right I will get that car by June.

Good to no that the car has no accident history. That should translate to lesser Insurance premium as you will get upto 15-20% no claim bonus if continued with the same company.
Its upto the owner of the car.
If he choose to avail No Claim Bonus and tranfer the NCB while buying a new car (before selling his existing car), then the old car buyer will not get NCB.

For availing No Claim Bonus, it is not neccessary that you should continue with the same company.

Thats right, even i do not think someone will sell a car at less than 50% of its price that too in just a year or 14 months, but its possible if the seller needs immediate money for his own survival.
Amit: Though I am happy to welcome you to the Figo family, my perspective is again same of akhilgopalg & MSN1. Less than 50% of OTR for a diesel car, clocked just 30K in 1 year and most importantly, one the best selling piece today, isn't realistic. If I am in the other side, a clear NO. If someone agrees for this deal, that's speculative to me.

Secondly, how do you find the suspensions needs replacement? Any particular point makes you to feel so strong?

Thread Starter #24
Amit: Though I am happy to welcome you to the Figo family, my perspective is again same of akhilgopalg & MSN1. Less than 50% of OTR for a diesel car, clocked just 30K in 1 year and most importantly, one the best selling piece today, isn't realistic. If I am in the other side, a clear NO. If someone agrees for this deal, that's speculative to me.

Secondly, how do you find the suspensions needs replacement? Any particular point makes you to feel so strong?
I have sat in the car, it's already making thud thud kind of noise. The suspensions are gone for sure. Rest will have to check by driving it.

I have sat in the car, it's already making thud thud kind of noise. The suspensions are gone for sure. Rest will have to check by driving it.
"Thud" and "Creaking" noise are prevailing issue in Figo. Creaking is mostly fixed by Service Centres (Only if reported by the customer).

Thread Starter #26
Figoian, is 2lac correct deal or should I quote less/more? Any other issues that figo has?

2 lac for a year old, 30k run figo diesel is a steal, in fact you are lucky if you get that for 3 lac. figo does hold good resale value in the market.

since the seller is your friend, you might know whether he abused the car or not. 30k run - the tires worn out & bad suspension is sure an outcome of abused car.

if you are buying the car, opt for extended warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thud" and "Creaking" noise are prevailing issue in Figo. Creaking is mostly fixed by Service Centres (Only if reported by the customer).
The Creaking noise you mentioned is just behind the Rear Right door, I guess. This though not termed as such but is a "Manufacturing flaw" and is being rectified free of cost at the second/third service of the vehicle. They are missing some sort of cushioning pads, I believe. That is not a big deal, If I can say so [;)]

@amiti

Most important part to be checked is the Air filter / Oil filter condition. We got issues with that @ 25k running. The symptoms shown was Power loss issues and starting problem. The power loss was literally meant zero power transmission to the wheels. The car wouldn't move an inch. So please check that.

That was one! Expect more inputs at the same pace from my side (read very slow)

Thread Starter #29
Thanks cruzer. If I really get that car then I will do a thorough servicing and then go for mods. By the way do let me know more what to check and needs replacement/rectification.

Top Bottom