Best Music System for New Swift

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

I am not very much familiar about the specs of music systems.. But i need music system with good performance for my new swift VDI. How about fixing maruthy integrated music system? which speakers do u suggest ? if not integrated, what is the next option? my max budject is 30K. i am looking for a bass machine ...Please provide your suggesstions..

Well Head unit is all up to,but if you add the company integrated music system,getting a channel for the Monoblock amp will be a challenge,so get a decent headunit which has woofer controls,if your on a tight budget,you can choose a small single channel amp from sony XM-SW1 i guess its around 3400 rupees & use it to run the woofer.
Or you can get Sony Xm-Sw3 amp & connect two channels from it to front component speakers & connect the other single channel to a woofer(choose a sub which is in your budget),then run the rear parcel shelf speakers of your choice from the head unit.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Prads and YashD for your suggesstions.. I Still have few queries.. got a call from my showroom today..my vehicle is getting delivered next week..

i can go my budget up to 40 k

1. What would be the ideal set up for good performane? 1 HU, 4 Channel AMP, 4 speakers in the doors plus 1 Subwoofer. is this right?

2. Can i buy integrated HU alone from Maruthy and fix the AMP, Subwoofer and speakers out side? cos i want the dashboard to be perfect

3. This is the Specifications of integrated HU. Is this good enough to fix a 4 channel AMP, subfoofer and good speakers outside?

Integrated Audio System with Remote
• MP3 player with USB & Aux-in
• Rotary encoder
• Harmonic illumination
• 45 W x 4 CH

4. what capacity speaker should i select for good performance? can u advise the Specs?

Thread Starter #5
friends,

does 45 W x 4 CH means that the HU comes with 4 channel Amplifilier? This is the specs they are showing for the maruthi integrated music system

1. What would be the ideal set up for good performane? 1 HU, 4 Channel AMP, 4 speakers in the doors plus 1 Subwoofer. is this right?
The speakers dont need to be on the rear door always,you can add a good thick parcel tray & mount speakers on them,they give a good effect,but if you think its going to be a prob cos of the small boot them having them on the door rear door will be fine.

For the front door go for component speakers,you can add a 5.5 inch component which fits well into the swifts door or with adding a custom spacer you can add in the 6.5 inch component speaker,such as the one given in the link Rockford Fosgate® (India) : Car Speakers System India, Best Car Speakers India, 6.50" Prime 2-Way Component Speaker System

2. Can i buy integrated HU alone from Maruthy and fix the AMP, Subwoofer and speakers out side? cos i want the dashboard to be perfect
Yes you can do that but you mite have to add a separate equalizer or Woofer control to tune the system to your taste.

3. This is the Specifications of integrated HU. Is this good enough to fix a 4 channel AMP, subfoofer and good speakers outside?
The stock system on the new Swifts are pretty decent,

so when you pick up a 4 channel amp ,2 channels from the head unit are connected to the amp,from the amp two channels will power the front components & two channels from the amp will be bridged to power the woofer.
Remaining two channels from the headunit can power the rear speakers.
You can use a decent 4 channel amp from Sony (XM-GTR7040 : Xplod™ Amplifier : In-Car Entertainment : Sony India ) or any brand you prefer.

4. what capacity speaker should i select for good performance? can u advise the Specs?
Dont look at max watts,look for the rms of the speakers,speakers with 40 rms or above can perform well.But diff speakers have diff sound qualities.

Last edited:
Buy a headunit like the kenwood 446-6k which has atleast 2 preouts,a 4 channel amp like kenwood 846 or auditor RIP-7k 4180,components for front-infinity primus,helix blue-7k or focal access-8.5k,a subwoofer-infinity/focal-6-8k
Keep some budget for woofer box,wiring,install. This set up will sound great.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks all for all your valuable suggestions.. i went to my maruthi dealer yesterday and enquired about the prices..i need to confirm them by tuesday so that they will fix everything ready when i take the delivery on next weekend.

Please let me know if the below configuration will sound great..or pls advice some other specs which will sound great. sorry am not familiar with these. Also please advice if the cost mentioned below is reasonable or should i approach some shops other than maruthi?

Speaker: JBL GT0609C 360W, 90W RMS - Rs 6990/ for a set
Subwoofer: JBL GT5 - S12, 12", 1200W peak, 300w RMS - Rs 4990/ (without enclosure)
Amp: JBL GTX - 646, 800W peak, 4 channel - Rs 8990/
HU - Sony CDxGT44U - Rs 7990

Total = RS 36000/

@sreerajmm : Buddy, it would be helpful for us if you could lay down your taste in music a bit specifically. Wanting a bass machine is not enough to say, as you can get a bass tube, amp it and get hell of a bass but no music. I guess you got what i mean? 30K is a decent budget for ICE but it has to match your taste.

freakdude.

You have been qouted all the MRP's.
Do check with retail stores.
If you are going the JBL way,as well get this.
Infinity primus components-6.5k
Infinity primus coaxials-3.5k
JBL 646 4 channel amp-6.5k
JBL CS1215B woofer with enclosure-5k
Scosche 8 guage amp wiring kit-1.5k
Kenwood/pioneer/JVC headunit with atleast 2 preouts-6k

Thread Starter #11
@ freakdude - I understand your point. I am not only looking for good bass but also need a good quality music which can be enjoyed at low voice too..

Thread Starter #12
@HARESHJETHWANI - Icould u please tell me the prices which you have quoted above is from which shop? me too from chennai..in your list i see JBL 646 is 6.5 K but in MGA it is 8990. Please advice

Thread Starter #13
Friends,

got a good news. I did a bargain in MGA saying that I am going to set up my ICE outside as they offered me a cheap rate. After saying this he gave me a call this evening with updated price list. I got surprised..see the difference below. Do u guys thik that something wrong with this? can I trust them?

Speaker: JBL GT0609C 360W, 90W RMS - 5.5k for a set (earlier said price 6.9K)
Amp: JBL GTX - 646, 800W peak, 4 channel - 5 K (8.9K)
Subwoofer: JBL GT5 - S12, 12", 1200W peak, 300w RMS - 3.5K (4.9K)

^ looks like they wanted to make a decent profit,seeing you know the market has better prices to offer they cut there prices,but amp price at 5000 seems too good to be true! Something fishy?
Guess they will charge you a bomb for installation & wiring.

Top Bottom