Best Music System for New Swift

Advice Needed - ICE For New Swift VDi

Dear Friends,

My friend is waiting for his New Swift VDI model within 15 days,

as a matter of all of us known they will only deliver the car not anything else

like accessories, ICE, anything.

the VDI will not come with ICE set up the dealer advice they can fix the same audio system from ZDI with total cost of Rs. 20,000.[evil]

but i advised my friend pls do not go for factory ICE we can get nice set up for the 20,000 budget.

pls advise me it is a correct decision or not,[confused]

and also pls suggest me a nice set of head unit speaker for Swift don't need

Amp and sub,

20K is a decent amount for a good setup.

Option 1 :
HU - Entry level pio/kenny - 5-6K
Front components - Morel/RF/JBL - 5-6K
Rear 6x9 on tray - JBL/RF/Infinity - 3-4K
4-ch amp - Kenny/JBL - 6K
Wiring and Misc - 2K
Total - 21-24K

Option 2
HU - Good level pio/kenny - 8-10K (future upgrade kept in mind)
Rear 6x9 on tray - JBL/RF/Infinity - 3-4K
Wiring and Misc - 2K
Total - 18-22K

Option 3
HU - Entry level pio/kenny - 5-6K
4-ch amp - Kenny/JBL - 6K
12" sub - JBL/RF P1 - 4-5K (with enclosure) (can add rear speakers later)
Wiring and Misc - 2K
Total - 22-25K

freakdude.

Dear Sree,
I have read all your threads, Earlier you want only Integrated HU and now you have changed your plan. Kindly revert why ?

I have also booked swift vdi and will be delivered in july 2012. My planning is also same which you were thinking earlier.....

i.e.

Integrated HU and should have subwoofer open

If dealer provide good JBL speaker then ok otherwise buy from outside.

No camparison of Integrated system with other system as integreated system maintains dashboard beauty....

Now share your views with me.

Thanks all for all your valuable suggestions.. i went to my maruthi dealer yesterday and enquired about the prices..i need to confirm them by tuesday so that they will fix everything ready when i take the delivery on next weekend.

Please let me know if the below configuration will sound great..or pls advice some other specs which will sound great. sorry am not familiar with these. Also please advice if the cost mentioned below is reasonable or should i approach some shops other than maruthi?

Speaker: JBL GT0609C 360W, 90W RMS - Rs 6990/ for a set
Subwoofer: JBL GT5 - S12, 12", 1200W peak, 300w RMS - Rs 4990/ (without enclosure)
Amp: JBL GTX - 646, 800W peak, 4 channel - Rs 8990/
HU - Sony CDxGT44U - Rs 7990

Total = RS 36000/

Hi Freakdude,

suggest me

I will buy integrated system from dealer for New Coming Swift vdi in july
then if dealer will agree
i will buy speakers, amp, woofer from outside ...
is that ok or ?
I want integrated because it maintains dashboard beauty...

Thread Starter #20
Hi Anupam,

Yes I was also in the same mindset before. But i was very new in to this industry at that time. My understanding is, the integrated systems are basic kinds of systems where the options for expansion is very less (Adding sub, amps etc)

I want an HU with 3 RCA Pre outs so that I can connect a 4 channel amp now (2 channels for rear speakers and 2 for sub) and a 2 channel Amp in future to charge reaming 2 speakers. With integrated music system, I hope we cannot install an AMP( I am not an expert, I hope experts will correct this if I am wrong)

Please go to the showroom and hear the music on the Zxi varient of the swift which comes with the integrated music system. It is not bad at all. If you are satisfied with that, please go with integrated because it will definitely make ur dashboeard pretty and decent.

here is what I ordered.

Pioneer DEH 5490 HU - Rs 9500
GT 646- 4 channel Amp - Rs 7000
GT 0609C component speakers - 2 set - Rs 11000
JBL 1150 Watts Sub + Ported box - Rs 5400
Cabling - now unknown

Dear sree,

Thanks for the information

I will definitely hear first the sound in Zxi variant.

Moreover u didn't mention which front speaker u 'll install.

And how is JVC KW-XR816

and why u didn't opt for double din

Hi Anupam,

Yes I was also in the same mindset before. But i was very new in to this industry at that time. My understanding is, the integrated systems are basic kinds of systems where the options for expansion is very less (Adding sub, amps etc)

I want an HU with 3 RCA Pre outs so that I can connect a 4 channel amp now (2 channels for rear speakers and 2 for sub) and a 2 channel Amp in future to charge reaming 2 speakers. With integrated music system, I hope we cannot install an AMP( I am not an expert, I hope experts will correct this if I am wrong)

Please go to the showroom and hear the music on the Zxi varient of the swift which comes with the integrated music system. It is not bad at all. If you are satisfied with that, please go with integrated because it will definitely make ur dashboeard pretty and decent.

here is what I ordered.

Pioneer DEH 5490 HU - Rs 9500
GT 646- 4 channel Amp - Rs 7000
GT 0609C component speakers - 2 set - Rs 11000
JBL 1150 Watts Sub + Ported box - Rs 5400
Cabling - now unknown

Hi Freakdude,

suggest me

I will buy integrated system from dealer for New Coming Swift vdi in july
then if dealer will agree
i will buy speakers, amp, woofer from outside ...
is that ok or ?
I want integrated because it maintains dashboard beauty...
Not sure what make is the OEM one but I guess Maruti goes with noppon. If that is the case I'd advice to not go for it just to get the OEM dash look. In fact get a decent double din with swift dashboard face plate. This way you'd be having a better sounding unit in your car.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #23
Anupam - I installed GT 0609C component speakers in the front and rear as well. I hope double din HU's are bit costly. If you can get a double din that would make ur dash board stylish. Mine got empty space after fixing a single din HU.

Anupam - I installed GT 0609C component speakers in the front and rear as well. I hope double din HU's are bit costly. If you can get a double din that would make ur dash board stylish. Mine got empty space after fixing a single din HU.
Dear sree,

Where the tweeter of component system installed. Kindly send the pic on choudhary.anupam@gmail.com if possible.

Also in your car .... Harness was already there to provide power input to the HU or vendor connect single single cable to differerent locations.

hi all,

what is 3 channel or 2 channel amplifier. It means 3 input / 3 output and 2 input / 2 output. Correct me if I am wrong. If i m installing component speakers of 260- 300 watts at front door, will it require to route through amplifier ?

why u have selected 4 channel amplifier.. ? Have u connect front and rear speakers through amplifier....................

Thread Starter #27
I have installed 2 tweeters on the dashboard and 2 on rear tray. Sure i will share some pics soon. Do not worry about the cabling part. That would be taken care when they install the HU (i am not very sure about this)

from the 4 channel amp, i have connected 2 channels for the rear components and 2 channels for the SUB

Hi Sree,

Thanks firstly

I am also eager to see the pics. Also wants to know that some kind of drilling done when tweeters installed on the dashboard ?

After looking you tube video of various HUs (JVC / Pioneer / Kenwood)

I have selected 2

JVC KD-R926BT 13000 - 14000 INR
Pioneer AVH-1490DVD 18000-20000 INR

from above i will decide at shop.

Also correct me

do you feel that connecting rear component through amplifier give better output as compare to connect through HU directly ? as 609 component wattage is not too bad.

I have installed 2 tweeters on the dashboard and 2 on rear tray. Sure i will share some pics soon. Do not worry about the cabling part. That would be taken care when they install the HU (i am not very sure about this)

from the 4 channel amp, i have connected 2 channels for the rear components and 2 channels for the SUB

Hi,

There is no service centre of JVC and JBL in chandigarh and punjab region. So what i will do if problem occurs. ..................... major problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends,

I need your help in choosing a good ICE for my new Swift VDI. I'm told that it will be delivered by 30th of this month (I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that the govt will not increase the 80K tax on diesel vehicles by then [:)])

My Budget is 25K.

I mostly listen to Telugu and Tamil songs.

I'm looking for a good 2 DIN HU (I personally feel that a 2 DIN HU gives a whole new dimension to the interiors of the car) which should have bluetooth, usb, aux-in.

I'm planning to buy them at MGA.

I am not familiar about the specs of music systems. Any suggestions for a good music setup will be helpful.

Top Bottom