Best Music System For Alto 800 LXi?

Thread Starter #1
Hi , I have been thinking to get a good music system for my car from few months back. , couldn't draw into conclusion yet !!
My overall budget is around 10k to 12k ( covering HU , speakers etc) , would like to hear your suggestion on latest music system available on market that would best suite my vehicle.

Based on what I have researched so far , I believe pioneer is a good one for HU followed by JBL speakers (planing to fix them in rear rack itself) , I'm not very sure on latest model for both HU and speakers and would like to hear it from experts like you !
I'm also excited to know best place to buy them in Chennai ( should I visit showroom where I bought my car to configure it or can it be done outside as well !?)
Driving is my passion and driving cum listening to music makes its really cool and I'm excited to feel it soon ....
Eagerly waiting for your comments !!
Thank you in advance [:D]

Regards,
Kamatchi

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kamatchi.

12k budget is good for the kind of setup you are looking at. Set aside 2k for wiring, couplers, connectors, labour and spacer rings.

You can go for a 1DIN HU with Aux and USB for upto 4k from a brand like JVC, Blaupunkt or Pioneer. Make sure it has 50w max output and you can compare the looks, brand and reviews for selecting a final HU. Next you need speakers, for the rear tray go for 6x9 inch oval coaxial speakers from brands like Pioneer, JBL or Blaupunkt for upto 2.5-3k. For front, go for 6.5" (please confirm the size) components from JBL or Blaupunkt which would cost under 3.5k for entry level. Do tell us more about your listening preferences, future plans regarding ICE and so on.

You can buy from aftermarket shops or Snapdeal (online). For speakers, do an audition of different brands from a car accessory shop before deciding. HU can be ordered without any audition. Maruti dealers will loot you and will cost around 20k for the same setup I suggested you. Make sure there are no wire cuts and your warranty will be intact.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks alot for your detailed suggestion!!
Well , everything you have mentioned are quite specific and they will really help me to choose a better audio set soon , I will keep your message as reference while I go to shop them soon, I'm really thankful for your time !!

Im just wondering where is the best place to get the audio system and configure it well as II believe we need to personally available to ensure that there is no mishap while installing the system .I felt the same that is not a good idea to go via maruti dealers , but I am not sure which is the best place to buy in Chennai (though I have heard riche street is famous for it)

I wasn't sure about the front speaker configuration that you have mentioned like 6" etc , but I guess if it is really required or not , I guess still rear speakers alone can give better sound while traveling , pls suggest your thoughts!

Thank you !!!

Regards,
Kamatchi

Thanks alot for your detailed suggestion!!
Well , everything you have mentioned are quite specific and they will really help me to choose a better audio set soon , I will keep your message as reference while I go to shop them soon, I'm really thankful for your time !!

Im just wondering where is the best place to get the audio system and configure it well as II believe we need to personally available to ensure that there is no mishap while installing the system .I felt the same that is not a good idea to go via maruti dealers , but I am not sure which is the best place to buy in Chennai (though I have heard riche street is famous for it)

I wasn't sure about the front speaker configuration that you have mentioned like 6" etc , but I guess if it is really required or not , I guess still rear speakers alone can give better sound while traveling , pls suggest your thoughts!

Thank you !!!

Regards,
Kamatchi
I have no idea of the installation place as I am from NCR region. You can PM someone you know on this forum for details, or wait till some member from Chennai posts here.

It is a good idea to be personally present at the time of installation, and ensure that no company wiring is cut anywhere, as it may void your warranty. Clearly instruct the labours/shop owner that you will not pay the money if company wiring is cut. This way he will try to take extra care or he will straightaway tell you if installation is possible or not without cutting of wires.

Only rear speakers will not give you a surround effect. You will feel that all the sound is coming from the rear, which isn't very pleasing on travel or normal listening. If you are not sure of the size of front speaker provision, you can add 4" speakers atleast so that the sound is more complete. They will cost you less than 1.5-2k (4" coaxials). I feel that 6" or let us say, 5.75" or anything under 6", should fit the front location and give you good clarity. For rear, you can go for 6x9 oval coaxials which will take care of the bass. Keep in mind that 6" speakers would give you more than 50% improvement over 4" ones at a slight difference in price.

Component speakers are recommended (which come with tweeters and crossover) but for your budget and a small car like Alto 800, coaxial speakers would be enough.

Go for :
1DIN HU from Pioneer/JVC/Blaupunkt with USB, Aux : Rs. 3-4k
Front coaxial speakers (6" or 5.75" at least) from JBL/Pioneer : Rs. 2.5 to 3k
Rear coaxial speakers (6 x 9 inch oval) from Pioneer/JBL : Rs. 3 to 3.5k
Wiring, MDF Parcel tray and labour cost : Rs. 1.5k

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom