Best Indian Car For Performance Mods?

Best car to modify?

• Total voters
To comment anything over vw polo,one should remember that same polo is participating in POLO CUP after undergoing some performance upgrades,and that is done by finest reputed people in this field.
Well for your information following are the details about the Polo cars which were Specially Imported
for the "Polo Cup".

Engine Type - 1.6L CRDi (Diesel)
Max Power - 95kw/130ps @ 4400 rpm
Max Torque - 250Nm @ 1500-2500rpm
Transmission - 6 - Speed Manual

These are only the engine specs.I have a page full info of how different were the polo race cars from the local made polos.You can log in to the VW polo website & check them yourself.

You can go through my post again & read the REASON which makes me thing why polo is not meant to be in this list.

Please add Alto 1.0 K and Esteem in place of Beat and Corolla in the options list.
I dont think K10 should be added. Esteem is great for mods. Let the corolla stay.

IMO
The Jazz and Beat do not deserve to be on the list
Jazz does .. Beat NO.

/Why should the K10 not be added?^
ummm.. because the topic says best performance tunable car.

K10 has no aftermarket products support like the lancer,skoda,jazz,etc

The K series engine including k12 which comes in the new swift has been designed keeping in mind the Fuel Economy which makes it a bad engine for performance tuning.

Even if u manage to modify the engine & get some power what about the suspension & car handling ? You cant even put much wider tyers, it will foul with the chassis. So what remains now ? Chassis cutting ?[:D]

AMG

Suspended
Because the K10 is relatively new and has yet to show any modding capability.

And why Jazz?
It is a boring car with an ordinary chasis.

Wrong Information about VW POLOs used in Polo Cup India 2010

Well for your information following are the details about the Polo cars which were Specially Imported
for the "Polo Cup".
Engine Type - 1.6L CRDi (Diesel)
Max Power - 95kw/130ps @ 4400 rpm
Max Torque - 250Nm @ 1500-2500rpm
Transmission - 6 - Speed Manual
Dear Friend,
I am not interested to debate on anything with you but what ever information you gave about VW POLOs used in Indian Polo Cup 2010 is totally wrong[frustration]. For your kind information please check this out:-

At its Indian debut on the May 30 2010, the new Polo will present itself with a record field of contenders: 20 firmly registered young drivers aged 16 to 24 will meet on the track in cars with identical technology that are centrally tuned and maintained by highly skilled Volkswagen India Factory mechanics.
Courtesy: www.polocup.in (official Indian polocup website)for the above quote,chek the first paragraph of the page.

These are only the engine specs.I have a page full info of how different were the polo race cars from the local made polos.You can log in to the VW polo website & check them yourself.

You can go through my post again & read the REASON which makes me thing why polo is not meant to be in this list.
From where you got your details about POLOs used in Indian Polo Cup 2010 I dont know,but onething I can say its wrong.

I have already went through your reason, thats why I gave my verdict and with which I still stay by.

The Chevy S-RV must been on the list too.
I totally agree with you [thumbsup].Its missing and have that exact racing DNA inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your quotes no where mention that the Polo's used in the POLO CUP were Made in India or their engine specs.[:)]

+All it says is "they were tuned & maintained by highly skilled Volkswagen India Factory mechanics."

Check the following link for the Polo Cup Race Car Spec's - Volkswagen Polo cup race to debut in Pune | Rush Lane

A quote from the above site -
Polo Cup race car specs

Volkswagen Polo with a 1.6 litre common-rail four cylinder diesel engine
130PS of power
250Nm of torque
six-speed manual transmission
17-inch alloys
200/60 JK Tyre racing slicks
four-piston calipers and ventilated 312mm front disc and 232mm rear disc
adjustable race suspension, aerodynamic body kit with front and rear
splitters, side skirts and a rear wing
FIA approved rollcage, fire extinguisher, electric cut-of system, intgrated head protection,6-point seatbelt prepared for the HANS safety restraint and a safety net on driver side
A little bit of googling could have avoided you calling my posts (info) wrong.[:)]

Your quotes no where mention that the Polo's used in the POLO CUP were Made in India or their engine specs.
+All it says is "they were tuned & maintained by highly skilled Volkswagen India Factory mechanics."
In the above write what is meant by tuned,my friend? I think you know that.Its the same VW Polo available in India now,but they have tuned and modified it for performance,by highly skilled Volkswagen India Factory mechanics. Is that means that they are imported?[lol]

Check the following link for the Polo Cup Race Car Spec's - Volkswagen Polo cup race to debut in Pune | Rush Lane
On the first post of yours about the Polo-s used in Indian Polo Cup, you asked me to check the VW's site for Indian Polo Cup,

I have a page full info of how different were the polo race cars from the local made polos.You can log in to the VW polo website & check them yourself.--- Originally Posted By Neil Bhujbal in a previous post.
and now you are giving link to a site which is not a VW site and cant guarantee that it is authenticate.[frustration]

Whatever quote you have given about the specifications and the page on the site,nowhere it is writen that they are all imported.I think you are forgetting the title of this thread -- Best Indian Car For Performance Mods? So the specifications you have mentioned,is achieved after modification and not a stock vehicle specification(however not sure about its authentication).Its not just some modifiers who have modified the VW PoloCup Cars,its VW skilled mechanics themselves who did it,so its possible for them to get modified upto that extent.And for further information, a total coverage documentary over Polo Cup was already featured by Overdrive on CNN IBN TV18 channel in TV, whatever I have mentioned here they have mentioned the same.

Last edited:
Below are some more sites which will tell you the POLO CUP RACE Cars & engine specs.They are similar to what i have told on Post no 32 & 39.

1 Volkswagen 2010 VW Polo Cup Race Version - Volkswagen cars specifications review

2 Volkswagen Polo Cup, Review, Price, Volkswagen Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants

3 Volkswagen India announces the Commencement Date of Polo Cup in India | CarTradeIndia.com

4 Volkswagen Polo Cup India 2010: preliminary details|Polo Driver

I had told you to go throw the VW India site to check the Indian Polos specs so that you Know how different were the race cars & the normal production cars.[lol]

Now Pls don't ask me for the authentication of above 4 websites.

If you still don't believe me i have more sites reveling the same data that's because all this info was released in a press conference & its a copy paste everywhere. [:D]

The Polo cars which Participated in the Polo Cup were way too different then the normal production cars.

Hence the 3 pot engined Indian Polo is not fit to be in this list.

Last edited:
@ Neil.Bhujbal & Auto Hub India :

That was slightly way too :offtopic:

The official site Volkswagen Polo Cup India for POLO cup 2010 doesn't say anything about the specification of POLO which was used for racing. In this link VW says that:

Unlike the production model, the new Polo has refined rear bodywork with a distinctive deflector vane and specially developed front and rear skirts give the 'sporting equipment' for touring car youngsters the added benefit of optimised aerodynamics and a self-confident look. A new exhaust system effectively emphasises the dynamic and sporty appearance of the Racing Polo with a distinctive sound pattern

From production directly into racing

The new skin of the racing version was developed by Volkswagen Design in Braunschweig specifically for the circuit. "The interplay between the skirts developed in the wind tunnel and the deflector vane reduces aerodynamic lift, thus notably increasing driving stability," explains Helmut Schmidt, Head of Motorsport Design and Individual Transactor of Volkswagen AG." At the same time, the new Polo - even more so than before - embodies its high performance capability as a competition touring car." In addition to the large air intakes in the front skirt, the shape of the three-part deflector vane is an eye-catcher: like the rally prototype, the Race-Touareg, with which Volkswagen clinched third place in the Dakar Rally and, most recently, the first victory in the World Cup opener in South America, the new Racing Polo has two distinctive, vertical fins. In the cockpit, a Volkswagen sports car style steering wheel and a new shift gate enhance the interior's sporty flair.
Apart from this, there is not official statement on the spec of the car which was used. However, reports on this race says that VW has used the 1.6 CRDi engine for the POLO Cup. If you analyze the links mentioned by you guys:

1. There is no official statement from VW is there saying that that Polo 1.6L CRDi was used and/or was made in India.
  2. There is no official statement to prove that Polo 1.6L CRDi, if it was the one used, was imported exclusively for this for this purpose.
Having said this, you both are aware that 1.6 CRDi engine is very much available in VW Vento. VW would have imported some 1.6L POLO exclusively for POLO Cup, which is one possibility. On the other hand, it is very easy for them to tune the Indian POLOs with 1.6 CRDi engines in Vento for this race.

Since we don't have any artifacts to prove either of these assumptions, I guess we should focus on the subject of this thread Best Indian Car For Performance Mods? instead [:D]

If the question is whether POLO is a good car for performance mods, IMO with its 1.6 L petrol engine, it is good car for perf. mod. [thumbsup]

Last edited:
@ Neil.Bhujbal & Auto Hub India :

That was slightly way too :offtopic:

The official site Volkswagen Polo Cup India for POLO cup 2010 doesn't say anything about the specification of POLO which was used for racing. In this link VW says that:
Please open the second link. Click on News & Media & read the Third Para named RACE POLO.It clearly mentions the car specs & engine specs.[:)]

Why i say the Polos were imported - Try guessing from the above mentioned Para named RACE POLO.

Or wait until i get a reply to my mail from VW India. [cheers]

@Shynish
I regret to be OT.But the details he produced and the the fact he declared that The Indian Polo Cup polo-s are imported by VW as CBU with all his specified car specifications and not at all tuned or modified in India-- I objected on that. As this thread is about The Best Indian Car for Performance Mods, that means ratings of any Indian car which can undergo performance mods from its stock condition and can withstand that performance with good handling on the road,right?? So I voted for Polo as it had undergone extreme modifications for PoloCup by its manufacturer itself from its stock conditions.IMO a manufacturer know its car's utmost capabilities better than anybody else, therefore VW have tuned the Polo to its utmost capability right from engine swap,gearbox swap,bodykits,air diffuser,etc which can enhance its performance and handling on the racetrack.Nobody else can do it better because a mother know her child better than anybody in the world.

I have clear informations from reliable sources that the Polo-s used in The Polo cup are the same car sold in India but they were tuned and modified to get extreme performance on the racetrack.

Top Bottom