Best Indian Car For Performance Mods?

Best car to modify?

• Total voters
City (OHC, ANHC), Lancer (including Cedia), Octy (including the new Octy a.k.a Laura), Swift and Civic, Zen, Baleno are mod-friendly cars. Loads of good (and bad) mod jobs around on these cars. If only i could start working and earning enough to buy one and mod it. *sigh*

err codename....is that offer open to me as well? The offer you've put up for jayadev, that is. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
City (OHC, ANHC), Lancer (including Cedia), Octy (including the new Octy a.k.a Laura), Swift and Civic, Zen, Baleno are mod-friendly cars. Loads of good (and bad) mod jobs around on these cars. If only i could start working and earning enough to buy one and mod it. *sigh*

err codename....is that offer open to me as well? The offer you've put up for jayadev, that is. :)
Haha yes sure man no probs any day and this is not the only sports car you can drive , me and my mates got variety of em

The most tuner friendly car?

According to you which is the best car fit for tuning,available in the Indian market now,keeping maintenance in mind?
I think Honda City Vtec,Maruti Baleno and Mistu Cedia is the best. But can't decide which one's better.
City is a head turner and has an awesome engine. But in terms of high speed stability it's not a winner. And I think the body needs alterations to handle serious power. Say around 200hp+ (my wild guess,not sure about it though).
Cedia in terms of stability,it stands out. It has a 2 liter engine and it's body can handle lots of power without any alterations. The Indian Evo!
Baleno has a torquey engine and it's 'Maruti'. But in terms of looks,I think the above two is better. Again,this varies from person to person.

So what do you petrolheads think? [:)]

Re: The most tuner friendly car?

According to you which is the best car fit for tuning,available in the Indian market now,keeping maintenance in mind?
I think Honda City Vtec,Maruti Baleno and Mistu Cedia is the best. But can't decide which one's better.
City is a head turner and has an awesome engine. But in terms of high speed stability it's not a winner. And I think the body needs alterations to handle serious power. Say around 200hp+ (my wild guess,not sure about it though).
Cedia in terms of stability,it stands out. It has a 2 liter engine and it's body can handle lots of power without any alterations. The Indian Evo!
Baleno has a torquey engine and it's 'Maruti'. But in terms of looks,I think the above two is better. Again,this varies from person to person.

So what do you petrolheads think? [:)]
Rowl, you are talking about business not fun.
For fun anything at your disposal should be the one.

Of course I will never vouch for tin cans like Honda city or Suzuki dzire for the purpose.

@Mods:
I feel that Skoda Laura TSi also deserves a place in this poll.
Why? Well, find out what pete's has done with it, as per them 'this car is capable of handling even 400+ horses'.

bhvm

Honoured Member
what about Scorpio and safari?.
I've seen some of the craziest fog lamps and bull bars on Scorpio. asks alloys.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I am yet to find a fog lamp or bull bar enhance the performance of a car. [lol]
I wanted to highlight that safari and Scorpio are mod friendly vehicles. fog lamps can give you some confidence hence psychological performance.

tuning box can also be installed (eg. pete's )on these so I wondered why they're not on the poll.

SUVs like Scorpio/Safari are not optimized and meant for high speed racing, thus not performance MOD friendly, IMO.

Last edited:
If this thread takes the Indian roads(one with pot-holes and bumps) for testing performances then Scorpio and Safari will be the first one to reach the spot! and god knows where these actual competitors will be [:D] (if you ask me they will be busy turning their steering wheels right and left)

Top Bottom