Best Indian Car For Performance Mods?

Best car to modify?

• Total voters
well perfomance mod should not end at engine boosting , but brakes , structural rigidity and even the aerodynamics should also be considered.

with perfomance boost comes safety issues and that should be the considered as primary factor else end of the day that would be a suicidal effort.

braking should be considered in such a way that the rims and lugs should be able to withstand the force .
generally indian cars have four lugged rims which is a huge back off for real perfomance. five and above is much acceptable

lxi.

Suspended
i have voted for lancer, this is the best car to modify followed by suzuki swift and octavia. Chevy Beat and and Jazz get a big NO!

Lots of potential cars left out. Even the K10 has great potential for modification, methinks. And what about the short-on-supply pocket rocket called the Honda Brio? Imagine that creamy 1.2 litre Honda with lowered suspension, upgraded brakes, tires, and an engine job. Mugen Brio !

For great handling and drifting purpose, Swift with G13BB engine(in the older version) is awesome machine.

For True Hot pursuits Lancer is the best one to hang around with where it does the job smoothly and suits better for Drag racing things next to Baleno.

Esteem and Baleno are missed out in the poll options! they are also hero's and performers.(i would have voted for both)

And for pure off-roading The King(Gypsy) is always needed and does the duty well which has also served the purpose good but now its giving up everything for the monstrous THAR :-( Thanks for the Diesel heart of Thar.

OMG !!!

How did you guys vote ? no clue I have

HONDA CITY in Indian market has the Same engine block as V -Tec Type R engines.

all you need is a V tec (type R block) and you have a nice Type-R looking head that will perform as well .
then you need a bigger exhaust job , Haltech Sprint ECU and you have a custom honda type R style city

and if you turbo them you got urself a fastest indian market city on the road. with 0-100 kmph in 6 seconds

Among the lot, i would pick OHC and ofcourse the octy, but not the TDi, but the 1.8 Petrol/RS version. The octy blows everything else away in its stock state with no doubt. But its unfair to compare a 15L+ car with all other <10L car.

Octy 1.8 petrool (stock)
0-100 in 9 secs (with a simple ECU remap , it gets down to 7 secs)
top speed of 215 kmph.

And it can be modified easily, Petes has already done a 500HP Octy VRS with ECU, turbo, intercooler and injectors upgrades. And with the haldex 4wd system from the golf mk4 4X4 , it will be AWD car, because it already has a transmission tunnel. Thus putting all 500HP to use.

But among the smaller cars, my pick will always be the swift with a braking kit upgrade.

Regards
Jeno

Last edited:
For me its Maruti Swift,Fiat Punto,Lancer and Octy any day.

Swift:Can accomodate a bigger engine and can do well with some mods.

Punto:This car has got the build quality to hold and tame some serious power.

Lancer:Do I really need to say anything?

Octy:Anyone who has driven 1.9 TPi will understand it well,what this beast is.My past experience of once driving this car sent me for the TSI's TD..and TD was more than enough to buy the car.

Among the lot, i would pick OHC and ofcourse the octy, but not the TDi, but the 1.8 Petrol/RS version. The octy blows everything else away in its stock state with no doubt. But its unfair to compare a 15L+ car with all other <10L car.

Octy 1.8 petrool (stock)
0-100 in 9 secs (with a simple ECU remap , it gets down to 7 secs)
top speed of 215 kmph.

And it can be modified easily, Petes has already done a 500HP Octy VRS with ECU, turbo, intercooler and injectors upgrades. And with the haldex 4wd system from the golf mk4 4X4 , it will be AWD car, because it already has a transmission tunnel. Thus putting all 500HP to use.

But among the smaller cars, my pick will always be the swift with a braking kit upgrade.

Regards
Jeno
Easier Said than done mate

500hp on AWD with what engine ? Please elaborate

Golf mk4 ( R32/R) R has 2 litre turbo charged petrol engine with power to all 4 wheels of the car (my mate's mate bought one) and putting 500 horses on all wheels is a dream for smaller engine.(even if you did on higher RPM range you will end up thrashing the engine)

Well lets be realistic , my car is 2.5 Litre RB25DET Engine ( skyline R33 Series II) , got Haltech Pro plus ECU , Front mount intercooler, garret hiflow turbo, Boost controller (14 psi boost) , ngk iridium spark plugs , aftermarket coil packs , 1000CC injectors , cusco fuel catch can , pod filter intake , 3" jasma Exhaust stainless steel.

and car is making 330 HP on rear wheels , am pretty sure you know RB engines are tuner fav engines don't you

Last edited:
Easier Said than done mate

500hp on AWD with what engine ? Please elaborate

Golf mk4 ( R32/R) R has 2 litre turbo charged petrol engine with power to all 4 wheels of the car (my mate's mate bought one) and putting 500 horses on all wheels is a dream for smaller engine.(even if you did on higher RPM range you will end up thrashing the engine)

Well lets be realistic , my car is 2.5 Litre RB25DET Engine ( skyline R33 Series II) , got Haltech Pro plus ECU , Front mount intercooler, garret hiflow turbo, Boost controller (14 psi boost) , ngk iridium spark plugs , aftermarket coil packs , 1000CC injectors , cusco fuel catch can , pod filter intake , 3" jasma Exhaust stainless steel.

and car is making 330 HP on rear wheels , am pretty sure you know RB engines are tuner fav engines don't you

First of all the FWD to RWD conversion was my idea. Because both Octavia mk1 and Golf Mk4 belongs to same platform VAG PQ34. There is also a 4X4 Octavia available in some countries and all it takes is a HALDEX AWD kit. And im saying this knowing the fact that even FWD Octavia vrs has a transmission tunnel. Though facts are supportive, this is just my idea. Im not sure if someone had actually tried.

About the 500hp 1.8 turbo petrol Octavia mk1. IT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE. This is not a idea, its reality. Here goes the links.

The official website of peter, he is the one who did the job.
Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited

And i cant stop myself from saying this, your car should is an absolute killer ! Had you tried to find 0-100 of your car? And shed some more light on your works to your car.

Regards,
Jeno.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom