Best Indian Car For Performance Mods?

Best car to modify?

• Total voters

350Z

Core Team
There have been a lot of off-topic posts in this thread on a small matter. It is important for both the parties to be polite to have a constructive debate, which was not being followed. Any such further posts on this will not be tolerated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@ Neil, thanks a lot for pointing out the section. Here it is

Race Polo:

The Volkswagen Race Polo which will be seen racing for the first time on the Indian tracks at the Polo Cup comes with a 1.6L R4 common rail diesel engine with an output of 130 HP@4400 rpm and torque of 250 Nm@ 1500-2500 rpm. It is equipped with a 6 speed manual gearbox, 17 inch alloy wheels with 200/605 R17 slick tyres. Adjustable Sachs race suspension, aerodynamic body kit with front and rear spoiler, side skirts and rear wing form the standard features of this car. The interior is equipped with integrated head protection in the race seat, a 6 point seatbelt prepared for HANS System, safety net on driver side, additional display and data logger system with on board camera. Safety and security in the Race Polo is enhanced with the provision of FIA approved roll cage, fire extinguisher system with internal and external release, electrical cut off system and a race brake system with four piston fixed caliper and ventilated 312 mm disk front and 232 mm disc brake rear. In other words perfectly loaded and ready for the Race.
@ Neil & Auto Hub India

Form the above description, it is apparently clear that race polo was not from the conventional production line. However, it still doesn't state whether it was an import as CBU or was tuned in India. To the best of my knowledge, VW doesn't produces a production version of POLO with the 1.6L CRDi engine producing 130 HP@4400 rpm. Check out this link for reference: Volkswagen Polo Mk5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Hence, whether it is an import or tuned up version from Indian production line, it is clear that VW has configured the racing model for this specific racing requirement. Don't you guys also think so? I think we should be happy that we have a car which has such a great potential. We will see such moves again from VW and may be other manufacturers will also do the same. Remember, MSIL had done an ALTO cross country long back? We can expect these type of new generation marketing techniques again! Hence, I request you both to focus and keep your energy on the thread topic [:)]

Last edited:
it is clear that VW has configured the racing model for this specific racing requirement. Don't you guys also think so? I think we should be happy that we have a car which has such a great potential. We will see such moves again from VW and may be other manufacturers will also do the same.
That is what I have also mentioned on my last post please check.Hope other manufacturers also focus on these type of events and reveal the utmost performance in there vehicles.

It is surprising to see that good old Mitsubishi Lancer still leads this poll with 14 votes followed by Swift with 14 and Handa City with 9 votes. Personally I feel, Grande Punto is a good hatch for performance mod, even better than Swift.

It is surprising to see that good old Mitsubishi Lancer still leads this poll with 14 votes followed by Swift with 14 and Handa City with 9 votes. Personally I feel, Grande Punto is a good hatch for performance mod, even better than Swift.
Well it is not so surprising for me to see lancer high on scores.AS far as my personal experience and mod experience is concerned,lancer is a modifier's favourite drawingboard for undergoing any sort of modifications upto any extents,due to its design,body stability and the car's capability to withstand those performance mods.

Out of the 12 listed cars why does the Lancer steal the crown of being Best Car To Modify

1 Engines which can be swapped into the current Indian Lancer & exactly onto the same engine mounts include evo4{276 hp}engine,evo5 engine,current engine with a DOHC head etc.

2 Since evo4,5 were legendary cars aftermarket support for Parts is way to vast.

3 Riches are running converted evo4,5 on Indian roads with AWD trannys where as the on budget guys running a DOHC head with turbo or Mivec engines.

4 The chassis is Durable & Strong,the body lines still looks fresh,etc

So be it looks or performance lancer wins hands down everywhere [:D]

Yes! unfortunately, they are not upgrading this excellent car. Any one has experience in Punto mods here ?
For looks or performance ?

AS far as my personal experience and mod experience is concerned,lancer is a modifier's favourite drawingboard
Would love to see some of your projects with a detailed report [:)]

Last edited:
Out of the 12 listed cars why does the Lancer steal the crown of being Best Car To Modify

1 Engines which can be swapped into the current Indian Lancer & exactly onto the same engine mounts include evo4{276 hp}engine,evo5 engine,current engine with a DOHC head etc.

2 Since evo4,5 were legendary cars aftermarket support for Parts is way to vast.

3 Riches are running converted evo4,5 on Indian roads with AWD trannys where as the on budget guys running a DOHC head with turbo or Mivec engines.

4 The chassis is Durable & Strong,the body lines still looks fresh,etc

So be it looks or performance lancer wins hands down everywhere.....
The Evo 4's Engine cannot be directly fitted into the Lancer. Just FYI.

The Evo 4's Engine cannot be directly fitted into the Lancer. Just FYI.
Must be 5,6 then.(Evo 5 & 6 engine a direct bolt on to the current Indian lancer?)
Even the Cedia's Engine is a direct bolt on.

BTW I had seen this Indian lancer converted to Evo 4 by KS Motorsport. Then had he made new engine foundations & stuff ?

Last edited:
You cant bolt the EVO engine onto the current lancer. Period. The KS Evos are all with different mountings, and are all AWD. BTW, the KS EVOs are Evo 6s and not 4

You cant bolt the EVO engine onto the current lancer. Period.
Ok may be we cant call it bolt on but the engine mounts are same,just the foundations need to be changed & they are available just like the engines.

The KS Evos are all with different mountings, and are all AWD.
They are with different foundations but these foundations sit exactly onto the stock engine mounts.

BTW, the KS EVOs are Evo 6s and not 4
Check Karan's website.His evos range from 4 to 7.

passion plus ++

if i am not wrong performance mod means sports here ..
to me anything less than 150 bhp or 0-100 in less than 8 secs is not sporty.

so in my view any car which is much popular may not be considered for extensive mod . it will have limitations to maximum torque and speed abilities.same as tyres.

the tyres ending with 88t (common in indian small cars)should be used for maximum 190kmh but there are people whom claim they have crossed 200kmh with same -atrocious attempts i would say.

so what do we have here in india.

i think best one is mitsubishi and skoda..... is the winner .

otoh japanese (mitsubishi is an exception) cars are designed with maximum clever structural supports which may be great for original designs but do not withstand modifications and additional abuses.they seem to wear out fast.
but i must add , decade old toyota cars could be brought into hof for their built quality and rigidity but present one are all tin cans and plastics.

honda car are apparently a great choice but the honda engineers balance whole car with the engine so well that any alteration badly affects the overall reliability of the final design.

i think fiat cars are heavily built to withstand additional boost in engine power probably fiat have a far sight for mods and enthusiasts.

personally i dont know from where to begin but i am highly anticipating high perfomance mods and supports in india.
those petes box and ecu remapping gives a little way for sunshine.

its a dream come true for me with a 200bhp engine under hood having a leisurely sedate driving .

Last edited:

Top Bottom