Best ICE For My Zen

Thread Starter #1
My zen has an old ...
HU - Alpine CDM 7870R 45watt x 4 amps(skips a beat when I go over a speed breaker),
2 Pioneer tweeters bun- sized,
2 door speakers - Kenwood-maruti KFC 1014LM, 50watts, 4ohm (stock i think),
2 hatch door speakers- Pioneer 6"x9" Co-axial, 7S-A6960R, 220w max, 40w nom, 4ohm.
I don't know anything about ICE... Looking to improve my ice clarity, not a fan of excessive
loudness but budget is only 5k,
Please suggest what I should buy next, sub-woofer, amp, capacitor?
Regards,

You can go for a JBL 1000w bass tube woffer. This plays very in a zen . You will also need a need 2channel amplifire but I would suggest
Go for 4 channel . Not sure on latest costs of the same but it must be around 6 to 7 k for both

Well my requirements for ICE are almost same as yours, so I would suggest you this setup.
Head Unit Pioneer 1490 UB (no cd player, only FM, USB & AUX) - 3600/- (approx)
2 Oval - JBL speakers - 400W each - 2500/- approx.
Use the existing tweeters
remove the door speakers if you feel they are not in good shape.

JBL/PIONEER speakers come with their own wiring from the HU till the rear door. I had a similar setup using Pioneer HU & speakers in my old car. Here are the pictures of the same.

Below is the link to the page which has all the details & pics.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/6379-bought-my-first-car-maruti-800-ac-19.html

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
@SS80 Hi Anand,
Nice talking you at TAI-Hosur meet.
Did you get back your 800? I have been following your post on the repair of the Palio. I am looking at Palios now! Thanks for the advice. The door speakers are ok but the tweeters are old, can you suggest a replacement? My hatch/rear door speakers are oval but only 220w max.
Does Pioneer HU have a blue lght display, I like blue.
Regards,
Sunil

Thank you Sir, I tried a lot, but failed to get back my car. So I bought another car (M800 1991) & it is under a slow restoration. Engine works are in progress as of now, tinker is complete.

I am not sure if that HU I posted above has blue lights option. May be you can also check the JBL X333 (no cd, only usb & aux + fm) which should cost approx. 3800/- (Varun had suggested me this long back) I think it comes with blue backlight. I am not sure about tweeters cost & options. I never had a complete ICE setup so far. I would suggest Jarpickle/Shantanu to give suggestions about the same.

Also if you are interested in getting a cd player in the HU, then the JBL X555 is also a good option but costs about 5.5K. All the models I have mentioned so far are about a year old. So a good ICE shop keeper can tell you if these are outdated/ if there is anything better than these for say a few hundred extra. All the best Sir.

If you need blue back lite ones, go for JVC's they usually come with blue backlites.

Why not the above ones which SS80 has suggested ? If you are not concerned about boot space, get a mdf plan installed and fit the oval speakers. The sound quality will increase to a great extent.

Thread Starter #8
@ Anand,
Sorry about losing her. I fell in love with my bullet, & will never sell her. Am planning for a dvd HU. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi Varun,
How are you? What's the latest with your M800? What is 'mdf plan'? There is a LPG Tank in the dicky.
Regards,
Sunil

Top Bottom