Best Home Inverter / UPS Thread

Thread Starter #1
hey guys.
i am planning to buy an inverter for home. but confused as to which ope to buy as there are a number of brands in the market. i need your suggestions and help in choosing the inverter and the inverter battery. i have had good experiences with su-kam, xenon and APC ones. but APC is too costly and me not ready to shell out that much of vit-m. i need back-up for 4 lights,4 fans, a normal 21" colour tv and a pc. so i think 800va will be sufficient. please pour in your comments/experiences and prices of the inverters you own/come-across. and for the battery i have almost decided on exide but can change my mind if anything better comes up.

Thread Starter #4
i purchased whirlpool sine wave inverter(800va) and exide battery(150 Ah). costed me 16k+installation 500 bucks.

for your office i would suggest you a 600va inverter with 100Ah battery. will cost you around 12-14k.
the inverter brand is completely your choice. the the one which gives the best service in your locality. but for a battery i would anytime and everytime suggest exide. though notch higher in price, it gives you peace of mind about the reliability. there are a lot of varieties of battery-tubular, maintainance free etc.

my suggestion for your office
1.INVERTER- su-kam/ whirlpool / luminous / amara raja(amaron) / genus [don't go for more than 600va for your limited use] cost may be around 5-6k. and since yours is strictly for office, a sine wave one may not be required

2.BATTERY-exide 100Ah battery. go for the maintainance free one. will cost another 6-7k

my first inverter battery lasted just 3 years[because i never topped it up as i thought it was maintenance free, but the svc guy told me that it was ultra low maintenance battery[frustration])

after replacing this i got exide battery for 8500 INR, our inverter is 800 VA and 135 Ah battery

Home Inverter / UPS

Dedicated thread for Home / office inverter / UPS. I hope this is a necessary thread (atleast for people from TN) to discuss about the deals, offers, latest price, queries, reviews, feedbacks, etc.

Starting with my latest purchase, Inverter & Battery from EXIDE.
Our 11 year old Square wave inverter (forgot the brand, some local make) and 4 year old Amaron Battery failed to supply backup power for 10+ hours of power cut [frustration]. Sold them for 6k today and got brand new one (details as follows)

1) Inverter
Make: Exide - Cell
Spec: 850W
Warranty: 2 years

2) Battery
Make: Exide
Model: Inva Tubular
Spec: 150AH
Warranty: 4 years

This combo costed me slightly 20k INR. I'll keep you updated on the performance soon.

I had bought 500va inverter from bright 'n power, chennai with Excide 150ah battery in 2007. It lasts till now. I used to top up the battery myself using distrilled water from near by battery shop. it served me for 4 and half years very well and now it started giving problem. It is not even lasting for 1 hour.

I am planing to change the battery alone. I am planing for same excide 150ah. Dont know the the cost as of now. I do not know whether to go for normal one or maintenance free one.

Iam planing to keep the inverter as it is since it is doing good.

At the same time if I could get a good price for exchange i could give it and go for completely new one.

But Iam confused. Let me see.

Mine is a 5 year old Genus heavy duty inverter which works on two big batteries.
Nearly every second-third year the batteries require to be changed and now its our turn to get the new ones..will be buying within next 3-4 days...

BTW,how is the okaya thing?And which is advisable for buying?
A/C of my father's room works on inverter too(hence heavy duty inverter)but I use no A/C because it gives headache to me even spending an hour in A/C without any break.

Yes Some one can help us on locating very good battery for home use.
Go for Amco Battery, we have APC 800VA inverter Square wave, battery lasted for about 2 year.
Second one got replaced under warranty.
Its a year and half touch wood no issue with backup, we use 46' LED TV, 2 fans at a time it had given backup for 6 hours

When if you want to use mixer for urgent use, which my mom do.

Turn off all other loads and can use it too on 800 VA.

The newer model of APC now comes with 850VA Sine wave.

Hi mukeshus good to know someone is using the apc home inverter,i am interested in one,i have some of unknow brand in my estate(sorry cant check since am not there),

I hear the Apc inverters are electronic friendly like for lcds or comps,the one which running at the moment creates weird distortions that the cfl bulbs give weird noises like a mlid grrrr & it ruined one of my comps when it kicked in.

I have a petrol generator so battery life is not an issue,i just need a good recommendation for a safe inverter unit which wont harm our electronics when it kicks in , obviously if any of our members have some suggestions it would be nice,a friend uses videocon,but its really expensive but it runs ac for hours so i dont require heavy duty as such,but enought to run two tvs & 2 fans .:help:

Hi mukeshus good to know someone is using the apc home inverter,i am interested in one,i have some of unknow brand in my estate(sorry cant check since am not there),

I hear the Apc inverters are electronic friendly like for lcds or comps,the one which running at the moment creates weird distortions that the cfl bulbs give weird noises like a mlid grrrr & it ruined one of my comps when it kicked in.

I have a petrol generator so battery life is not an issue,i just need a good recommendation for a safe inverter unit which wont harm our electronics when it kicks in , obviously if any of our members have some suggestions it would be nice,a friend uses videocon,but its really expensive but it runs ac for hours so i dont require heavy duty as such,but enought to run two tvs & 2 fans .:help:
Sine wave APC is good and doesn't gives sound as it is Sine wave, switching is also faster .
Load taking capability is good, but one must take care of the battery distilled water.
I check it every month.
I would suggest you 850Va sine wave inverter from APC.

Guys,
Iam planning to buy a Home UPS mainly to support my work from home facility and in the process will be connecting very less load. Probably a laptop, 17th inch Monitor, and cfl.
I have planned for Su-kam 650VA Shiny series Pure Sine Wave. APC is good but it starts with 850Sine only and 850 is just waste for my requirement.
But regarding the batteries iam really confused. I donot want to go with flat/semi tubular batteries. Exide IT 500 is good but again 150ah is too huge for my requirement.
IT400 seems to be ok (110ah). Can you comment how is Exide IT 400 ? Any other tubular batteries in the range of 100 to 130ah. Also buying SMF batteries, is it worth ?

Guys,
Iam planning to buy a Home UPS mainly to support my work from home facility and in the process will be connecting very less load. Probably a laptop, 17th inch Monitor, and cfl.
I have planned for Su-kam 650VA Shiny series Pure Sine Wave. APC is good but it starts with 850Sine only and 850 is just waste for my requirement.
But regarding the batteries iam really confused. I donot want to go with flat/semi tubular batteries. Exide IT 500 is good but again 150ah is too huge for my requirement.
IT400 seems to be ok (110ah). Can you comment how is Exide IT 400 ? Any other tubular batteries in the range of 100 to 130ah. Also buying SMF batteries, is it worth ?
Its better to go for 850 VA, we have APC 800 VA square wave inverter, which can give back up to 46" LED TV, and PC along with fan for 5 hours if all used together.
Or a day if you are using it smartly.

Try luminous also, batter by default you get from AMCO YUASA 120 AH battery it lasts for 1 & half years after that you need to invest.

Now i have got a heavy battery called PRIME which has warranty of 3 years.

But the inverter is same from APC.

Top Bottom