Best Head Unit with 3 preouts?

Thread Starter #1
[confused]Someone please suggest a good headunit with 3 preouts
for my car. My budget is 15 k. I m confused which one is better kenwood
alpine, pioneer.

Help me . I will appreciate it.I can also extend my budget quite more like 2 -3 k more..

hey,

My order of preference would be

1) Alpine
2) Kenwood
3) Pioneer among the brands you have mentioned.

Also, I would recommend you to consider JVC

Tell me, are you looking out for 1-DIN only or 2-DIN also

If it's 1-DIN I would recommend Alpine CDA-9886 or CDA-117.

These ones were retailing at 21,400 INR in Chennai 2 months back. Now I have heard that rates are down. You can give a try.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks,

I am looking for 1-din.
Think they are expensive, What about pioneer and kenwood?
Please apprise me about these model, pio deh 5190ub and deh 7250. Are they good?
I mostly play songs through usb, dont use ipod.

kenwood kdc-x801bt - saw this model on kenwood website, i like this. Is it worth buying?
I dont no alpine would be a better option or not?
I might be wrong. Correct me, please let me know about the mentioned models and also tell me their mrp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #4
Thanks,

I am looking for 1-din.
They both are same or different models.

How would you rate pioneer deh 7250sd, deh 7150ub, deh5290sd, with model mentioned by you.

What if i go with one these models, are they worth buying, please let me know the mrp of these models.

kenwood k x8016bt, kdc xbt8013u- i like these models, their looks, what about them?
please tell the mrp also.

I am trying to search google as best as i can to get a best headunit under 18k, but at the end of the day i need views from experienced or professionals.

I will appreciate each n every reply of your guys, Thanks.

Thread Starter #6
For every 2 Channels (on an amp) you want to run you need 1 Pre out. So if you run a 2ch amp with a sub you will need 1 preout. If you run a 4ch amp you will need 2x preouts etc.

So if you have a 1 or 2ch amp then 1 preout will be fine if you have a 4ch amp then you will need 2x preouts.

HU's with multiple preouts, front (l/r), rear (l/r), sub (l/r, or mono) often include a lot more control from the head unit.

We can tune our front, rear and sub from our car stereo. preouts are holes at the back of head unit. for 1 preout(u get 2 inputs for yellow n white), for 2 preouts(4holes), for 3 preouts (6 holes).

what is 3 pre outs ? what is that for?
Well, Raman has given you the answer you need.

Just to brief upon, 3 pre-out or 3 RCA (this is the official term used) outputs are used to power the amplifiers from a HU.

Advantage of a 3 RCA unit, we can use the HU to power a 4-channel amplifier & a mono amplifier without stacking amps which is the case in 2 RCA models. See the below pic:

@Raman,

I guess our co-member Ilango would be in a better position to answer for your queries!

Attachments

Hi raman .
your budget is 15K and 3 need is 3 preout right , so it means a good quality system output with in 15K
kenwood xcelorn series has them for you.
if i remember right the model number is 6009 .
hopr that is 12k and another one , forgot the model number , start with 7xxx . it is 13.5 i hope.

And reason for 3 preout
1 pre out for subwoofer
2 pre out , one for sub and one to power 2 channel amp , or just one 4 chanel
3 pre out , one for sub , 2 for 4 channel amp ,

Thread Starter #9
Please, i am still waiting for the answer. I asked about the pio and kenwood models mentioned above. Can any one guide me about them? How they are and how much they would cost me?

Originally Posted by jayadev

what is 3 pre outs ? what is that for?
ilango holysatan and raman, thanks for clearing my doubt , i was wondering if it could be video.
as in general electronics rule for 3 rc is yellow for video,red -right channel,white or black for left channel.
but imo we dont need to bring down all the rc cables from hu . as almost every amp will have a rc line out which could be connected to subwoofers ? but if the hu gives individual control to all three outputs then it is just great!! hope it does?

yeah.. You are correct jayadev. The HU itself gives 3 outputs in case of 3 rca.

@Raman, you can check the HUs which ilango had mentioned.. Meanwhile i ll try and get info on the ones you had mentioned.

Lot of them available
as said the above said kenwood model is best suited for the sound set up. even for a spl set up

apart from that its pioneer 5190.
some are in jvc too , no idea about the model number.

Yeh ida series has good output .
It plays i-pods , pen drive kinda , no cd player.

Its like easy to use with big screen like. i know a swift which used that but now changed to jvc exad 825. I felt the ida series a good one. go ahead

Top Bottom