Best Hatchback For Long-Term Use?

I recommend not fall for teflon coating and under body coating, they say it's done, but nothing is done IMO. You can ask for mud flaps. And as viabhav suggested play mind games with them. This way there is slight possibility that final cost may come down.

Are these quotes after corporate discount if not ask for the same.

If you can spend 70k more, go for Emotion. Else you could save 70k and go for after market stuffs as well. But if you ask me go for Emotion. Bcoz leaving apart all things. going down the line you dont want to regret on not having airbags. others things can be adjusted for.

Still it is your choice.
Regarding Car loan, I have taken loan from SBI although I had salary account with HDFC. This is because I have taken SBI over draft loan, which if you want I can explain you. But the procedure and paper work is bit on slower side. Choice is yours.

All the best and warm welcome to FIAT club. [:D]

Thread Starter #152
Try asking for mud flaps. I personally avoided mud flaps in my car as it looks cheap.

Dont fall for the teflon coating thing!

Good news is that Punto Dynamic comes with ABS in diesel variant. But the Emotion gives you Airbags, Automatic climate control, Alloy wheels, Steering mounted audio controls and Blue&Me.

If you can afford the extra 70k, it makes much more sense to buy the Emotion. It is indeed value for money.

Check that the vehicle is recently manufactured.
No I am not going to get teflon coating at all or atleast from the dealership. As far as Emotion is concerned then 70K is lot of money but since I would be taking a loan. It would not hurt on a monthly basis. Probably at the end of entire tenure it might but safety is prime concern.

Thanks Raj.

Yaar
Compare te features in both the versions.I always prefer lowest version and then get customised accesories. Also its al over the papers that car companies are in dire straits. I advice you to tell one of the dealers that i am getting 10k additional discount. If you can give 12k i will book from you
If they dont budge then go with current offers. But do fast before our foolish govt imposes 1 lac tax on diesel cars
I have already compared the features and that is the reason chose Punto against other cars. Ya, I know Govt. is going to kill "aam aadmi" some way or the other. I would try the trick of 10K vs 12K discount. Let us see.

Thanks Vaibhav.

First of all many congratulations for your decision. IMO its better to go for under-body coating instead of the Teflon coat, if offered by the dealer. Try negotiating more on freebies/discounts. Punto isn't selling like hot cakes, so your bargaining skills can help you save a lot of cash.
Under body coating ! I guess Punto comes with under body and paint protection warrenty for 5 years. Correct me if I am wrong !

Thanks Akash

I recommend not fall for teflon coating and under body coating, they say it's done, but nothing is done IMO. You can ask for mud flaps. And as viabhav suggested play mind games with them. This way there is slight possibility that final cost may come down.
Are these quotes after corporate discount if not ask for the same.
If you can spend 70k more, go for Emotion. Else you could save 70k and go for after market stuffs as well. But if you ask me go for Emotion. Bcoz leaving apart all things. going down the line you dont want to regret on not having airbags. others things can be adjusted for.

Still it is your choice.
Regarding Car loan, I have taken loan from SBI although I had salary account with HDFC. This is because I have taken SBI over draft loan, which if you want I can explain you. But the procedure and paper work is bit on slower side. Choice is yours.

All the best and warm welcome to FIAT club.
Mud flaps they are offering. I forgot to mention, sorry for that. Yes all the quotes includes corp discount of 5K and 5k dealer discount. Please let me know more about this over draft thing.

Thanks Dharmesh.

Guys,

You might have seen the quotes and there is very less difference in totallty. What do you suggest on booking the car from, a dealer or Fiat Caffe ?

Would I be getting any benefit of taking the car from the Caffe ?
If I ask to check the car for PDI, would caffe people let me perform that ?
What all things are to be checked 100% (mandatory in PDI) ?

Last edited:
Dear Friends,

1) What else I can ask for as freebies and where I can twist their arms for more cash discounts ? Tinted/film on glass is out of question.
2) As I am more inclined towards Emotion and the difference is roughly 60-70k, is it adviseable ?
3) I know about PDI list and would perform that before getting it registered but what else to be checked (100% Mandatory) as PDI list is quite long ?
4) SBI is offering loan at 11.25% and since I have a corporate account in HDFC they would also offer something similar probabaly .25% or .50% more than SBI. Which bank should I opt for ? Considering initiate hurdles and peace of mind !

Rest I would ask as and when I remember anything.

Thanks in advance.
1) When I bought my Punto I got floor mats, neck rest, mud flaps, door sill plates, Reverse parking sensor(I declined the offer and got 3k discount) and sun films as freebies. Make sure u get Mudflaps, otherwise, the body will get dirty very fast. Also, I would suggest you to get Parking sensors, as the IRVM doesnt give you a complete view.
2) If you have the budget, go for Emotion. Dynamic is a total VFM package, but 4 alloys + wider tyres + Airbag + Blue & me + ACC is a good deal for 60k.
3) Please do a proper PDI. I dint get to do a proper PDI, I just saw it before it was delivered, but now I am facing few issues. So whatever the dealers say, please check each and every part before delivery.
4) I chose SBI for finance, as I already had SBI account and my parents wanted me to stick on to SBI.

Guys,

You might have seen the quotes and there is very less difference in totallty. What do you suggest on booking the car from, a dealer or Fiat Caffe ?
Book from the dealer who gives you the lowest quote, even if it's just a few thousand rupees.

But do an online research about the dealer and check his reputation.

350Z

Core Team
I have following offers from two parties one is a dealer in Gurgaon and another Fiat Caffe in Delhi.
Request quotes from the various dealerships in Delhi. There’s a fairly better scope of bargain in Fiat cars considering their present situation in the market.

1) What else I can ask for as freebies and where I can twist their arms for more cash discounts?
Basic stuff like mud mats / flaps are a must. Do also insist for a 1st Year free insurance, extended warranty, seat covers and other items that you would find useful in a New Car. In case the choice is between two (Cash and Accessories) – Definitely run behind the cash discounts.

2) As I am more inclined towards Emotion and the difference is roughly 60-70k, is it adviseable ?
Yes. As long as you can afford without stretching the budget too much. Attempt to clinch the deal for top-end somewhere in middle of the price of Dynamic & Emotion.

3) I know about PDI list and would perform that before getting it registered but what else to be checked (100% Mandatory) as PDI list is quite long?
Go through our PDI Checklist (Strongly recommended). It’s comprehensive and useful. There’s also an attached PDF (for print out) which should be used for reference while performing the PDI. Apart from it, make sure to check the “H” sign on odo. Perform a forum search to find out more on it. This is specific to Fiat cars.

Doesn’t make a different. Buy it from one who’s offering best deal in the town on a “genuine” car. There’s a catch in the term “genuine”. The car should be the right shape, recently manufactured, and not used for demo or test drive purposes.

I ask to check the car for PDI, would caffe people let me perform that ?
Of course, Yes. No point in buying a car with someone who doesn’t even allow checking it out before the deal.

4) SBI is offering loan at 11.25% and since I have a corporate account in HDFC they would also offer something similar probabaly .25% or .50% more than SBI. Which bank should I opt for ? Considering initiate hurdles and peace of mind !
There might be initial hassles involved with SBI. But it makes sense and offers peace of mind in the long term.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@ shailender
i will still advise to go for dezire LDI/VDI as now u can tell dealer to give car in 1 month.
It will be more reliable than fiat

1) What else I can ask for as freebies and where I can twist their arms for more cash discounts ? Tinted/film on glass is out of question.
When I bought my Punto, I got the following freebies -

1) Floor mats and mud flaps (I declined mud flaps)
2) Extra 2 years extended warranty
3) Free roadside assistance
4) Cash discount of Rs. 13000/-

Later I got to know that extended warranty and roadside assistance are offered by almost all dealers and it is almost like standard now!

Not sure, best way is to confirm from caffe people about what benefits would I get if I buy from you and not the other FIAT

dealer.

If I ask to check the car for PDI, would caffe people let me perform that ?
They should.

What all things are to be checked 100% (mandatory in PDI) ?
Everything as per me. Once car is out from dealer's showroom onto you then it's your responsibility.

###################################################################

Now coming to overdraft loan from SBI.
Whenever a person decides to buy a vehicle, everyone have 2 options.

1. Pay full vehicle amount by cash/cheque and vehicle is yours.
  2. Pay down payment and take loan from some bank and then pay EMI every month.

Now what if you want benefits of both the options. How?[confused]

If you decide pay full amount by cash/cheque, you pay Rs.7,50,000. This will make your pocket lighter by Rs.7,50,000 in one go. :-)

Here comes the SBI Advantage car loan with over draft facility. Consider a example you buy PUNTO worth Rs. 7,50,000. You pay Rs.2,50,000 as down payment and go for loan for Rs.5,00,000 for 7 years. For interest rate 11.00% you will pay EMI of Rs.8483 monthly.
Now from some where you won lottery of Rs.5,00,000 and you decided to pay back your loan amount. You simply go to bank and pay rest of remaining loan and done. Car loan is over, but you left with nothing of the money won. Sad isn't it!!! Plus penalty of pre payment if there is any.

Now here is the catch. Instead of normal car loan you go for SBI car loan with over draft facility.
The interest rate for overdraft loan would be 0.25% more. so the interest rate here would be 11.25%.
Monthly EMI would be Rs.8547, But what we will get by paying more?
In this case, If you have access money, you can do pre payment of the loan, but the pre paid loan principal amount you can withdraw and use as if it was a normal account.

Example: Suppose loan is for Rs.5,00,000, You take loan using SBI Over draft facility. After few months you pre pay 4,00,000. So what you pay now is interest only for Rs. 1,00,000. But Rs.4,00,000 you pre paid can be withdrawn and use if required. So here you maintain your liquidity plus you pay less EMI. So instead of keeping money in your savings account, you can keep money in your over draft account, withdraw as per your will and use it.

Hope this helps. If you require more information, do let me know.

This type of loan is only useful if you have some money left after paying down payment.

Well explained dharmesh!

commoner will never know the advantages in banking that could be used.

well the punto dynamic is a good choice as it saves 70k , of which part of it could be used to buy your wishful accessories , remember , as a car this comes as a loan , as accessories , well you need to shell out cash

Thread Starter #160
Thanks guys for the suggestion and inputs regarding the further discussion with dealers or caffe people. I will keep that in mind and seek your support as the deal progresses.

Now I need your support on following things:

You can ask for corporate discount and stick to cash discount, avoid freebies, auto industry is going through rough patch and inventories are piling up ask for maximum cash discount and remember to bargain hard with both the dealers

Listen to your heart and pick Emotion variant as you will surely curse yourself in future for choosing lower variant, 60-70K is not a big amount nowadays extra cost is completely worth IMO

3) I know about PDI list and would perform that before getting it registered but what else to be checked (100% Mandatory) as PDI list is quite long ?

Look they already done PDI, no need to waste 1-2 hrs for thorough PDI you can look for dent and rust on body and near wheels, check for any damage and markings on interiors

Go for SBI car loan you will get piece of mind, though loan process of 7-15 days is quite annoying and they will test your patience you with numerous document request, i got my car loan from SBI.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Shailinder,

Kindly find my answers in Bold above, sorry for late reply as i logged in today only.

Hope above helps you in making your decision, and yes do test drive your car before signing papers.

Regards

Top Bottom