Best Hatchback For Long-Term Use?

Hi Shailinder,

am not over confident and not praising my machine.
but sharing the fact

as you all know mine is figo diesel and i got licensed to drive on Jan 13th [clap]

so you can able to guess my driving style (a newly learnt driver)

with that

my figo gives 22.5 kmpl on long and around 16 or 17 in local

give a try figo diesel,

and punto is better in terms of ground clearance

refer my post on another thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ium-diamond-white-delivered-15.html#post68023

Try Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion and you will love it.

Figo not good for long term use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello shailinder,

check the ford figo page in facebook. I first decided to go for figo. then saw that page and owner's complain abt the car quality and service.

Last week i was on a long journey to thanjavur

it was a awsome ride on my figo diesel, the road between bangalore to thanjavur is good

while going at 130 kmph the stearing vibrates but after crossing 130 kmph its normal even at 150 kmph its good

i think the 130 vibe is a sort of resonance, but want to ask you experts to know better about it

I love my car its a damn too good machine

mechanic at metro ford told me to use 36ps on front and 41 PS on back wheel to avoid speed bumpers kissing the bed.... it works well wit full load (5 people)

Yes i too feel some sort slight vibration in my steering wheel in my Aria at around 90kmph but beyond that it becomes perfect! Guess not much of an major issue.

And i don know if its wise filling it with more air than the recommended pressure. The tyre pressure further increases a lot in high speed highways trips due to the heat!

Thread Starter #147
Dear Friends,

Do not curse me for restarting my old thread as it is almost 2 years old. Now I have made up my mind and going for a booking in a week’s time at max for Fiat Punto.

Now, why Punto and not Fabia (because I always wanted it at the first place), the answer is VFM factor in Punto because of the feature list and at the price. ABS is a must and Fabia top model is more than 8.5 lakhs[cry]. No Figo because couple of friends cum colleagues at office were not happy with their Figos and advised not to go for it.[:)] No offence to current Figo owners.

I have following offers from two parties one is a dealer in Gurgaon and another Fiat Caffe in Delhi.

Dealer from Gurgaon:
Diesel Dynamic – 6,82,000/-
Diesel Emotion – 7,49,000/-

Fiat Caffe at Delhi:
Diesel Dynamic – 6,85,000/-
Diesel Emotion – 7,54,000/-

Both the dealers are giving foot and floor mats, neck rest as I do not want any perfume or idol.

Now I need your support on following things:

1) What else I can ask for as freebies and where I can twist their arms for more cash discounts ? Tinted/film on glass is out of question.
2) As I am more inclined towards Emotion and the difference is roughly 60-70k, is it adviseable ?
3) I know about PDI list and would perform that before getting it registered but what else to be checked (100% Mandatory) as PDI list is quite long ?
4) SBI is offering loan at 11.25% and since I have a corporate account in HDFC they would also offer something similar probabaly .25% or .50% more than SBI. Which bank should I opt for ? Considering initiate hurdles and peace of mind !

Rest I would ask as and when I remember anything.

Thanks in advance.

1) What else I can ask for as freebies and where I can twist their arms for more cash discounts ? Tinted/film on glass is out of question.
Try asking for mud flaps. I personally avoided mud flaps in my car as it looks cheap.

Dont fall for the teflon coating thing!

2) As I am more inclined towards Emotion and the difference is roughly 60-70k, is it adviseable ?
Good news is that Punto Dynamic comes with ABS in diesel variant. But the Emotion gives you Airbags, Automatic climate control, Alloy wheels, Steering mounted audio controls and Blue&Me.

If you can afford the extra 70k, it makes much more sense to buy the Emotion. It is indeed value for money.

3) I know about PDI list and would perform that before getting it registered but what else to be checked (100% Mandatory) as PDI list is quite long ?
Check that the vehicle is recently manufactured.

Yaar
Compare te features in both the versions.I always prefer lowest version and then get customised accesories. Also its al over the papers that car companies are in dire straits. I advice you to tell one of the dealers that i am getting 10k additional discount. If you can give 12k i will book from you
If they dont budge then go with current offers. But do fast before our foolish govt imposes 1 lac tax on diesel cars

First of all many congratulations for your decision. IMO its better to go for under-body coating instead of the Teflon coat, if offered by the dealer. Try negotiating more on freebies/discounts. Punto isn't selling like hot cakes, so your bargaining skills can help you save a lot of cash.

Top Bottom